Council Painters

Find Bootle friends and family here
awelfryn34

Any news on where these could be all Painters and Decs, Roy Morrison, Tony Thomas and Brother Paul, Mick Annel, Roy’s mate Brian ? , Alan ? Who was serving his time with us, most lived around the Marsh Lane area of Bootle and worked for the old Bootle Council well before it became Sefton. Old timers Billy Bibby, Don Radley, Matt Gibbons, George Boughey, Jack Brimage, Charlie Armstrong, Frank Prentice list is endless of mates that have passed away and not forgetting Dave Smith who kept me entertained for many a year when we left the Council and worked for Chattertons until I left for Integral and pastures new.
BOBHAMO

hi Dennis the only batch of are generation i have bumped into over the last 10 years
was Davy Smith when he was at hughie baird collage on the matinence . brian moorcroft
davy jones . tommy hughes, arthur scarasbrick is still alive but all the old painters
must have passed away to many to name but good times and bad :roll: :roll:
Tony is on facebook ,
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
bjones

Smashing photo of Roy and Tony Bob. I'll PM you.
"awlfryn" - Roy used to drink in the Grapes Thornton, don't know if he still does but his son (also Roy Morrison) is on face book and is a pal of Bernie R (on here).
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
tgibbon

Just noticed you mentioned my Dad Matt Gibbon in Where’s the painters? Matt unfortunately died in 1982.:He was a great Dad and many years ago I posted his photo on this site. - Tony
Born and lived in Balliol Road
Eddy Lloyd

Tony Thomas is on Facebook
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
awelfryn34

Hi Bobby, is it Billy Bibby with Johnny ? Remember John’s little gang, Billy Scraggs, Hughie Dawson and Jack Conklin. Most of them drank in the Jollies, went to school with John’s Son.
More photos, meant to tell you Dave Smith passed away if you didn’t know
BOBHAMO

Dennis not sure
sad to hear Dave has passed away we all enjoyed are days
in the corpy keep fit mate
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
bob. b

My dad was a painter and also my brother Danny Bell my dad was Albie Bell
awelfryn34

Bobby, it’s Dennis Mc, I had the pleasure of working with your Danny for a few years when he came to the Council, if I remember he served his apprenticeship with Gibbs a local Firm from Bootle