chisholm family

Find Bootle friends and family here
redcaz1010

Hi im looking for any information on Chisholm and looker families . particularly Daniel Chisholm and Catherine Lucy looker Chisholm .I have an address for them at 31 Conway street in 1903.there child Albert Edward was baptised in the chapel of st Mary Bootle Any information would be great. Im also looking for any relatives of my grandmothers (Mary McGhee ) only name i have is Nan dont know married name who moved from falkirk scotland to Bootle
This was a picture of the four sisters Their names were Mary Nancy Sarah and Nan

hope someone can help
BOBHAMO

Hi Redcaz welcome :D :D :D
start you off Catherine alice baptisms
father John mother Alice he was a brick maker
is this the family 1901???
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
ALAMO2008

Using Bobhamo finds, I was able to find a bit more on Census Records for Scotland and GRO Births England

Daniel Chisholm born About 1863 in Glasgow found on 1881 Census aged 18 declared as Son ? To Head William Weir a Pawnnbroker Assistant
at 25 Lancefield Quay Glasgow Mother shown as Margaret Weir ?
also there is a James M Chisholm aged 16 also shown as Son of William Weir?

1891 Census shows aged 28 at 75 Abington Street Glasgow a Loom Moulder Iron Wife Catherine L L Chisholm? 《Kate Lucy Looker Chisholm)
Which may be him.

Found a Death of Daniel Chisholm aged 45 in West Derby March 1911 Volume 8b page 442 although the age at Death doesn't match his relatives may not have known his Birth Year so don't discount unless you know his actual Death Year date.

If he came to Everton as an Iron Loom moulder, that maybe how he met John Looker and Alice Holmes Parents of his future Wife Kate Lucy Looker
She was born Kate Lucy Looker West Derby December 1864 Volume 8b page 502 Mother's Maiden Name = Holmes
She had a Sister Elizabeth Looker born West Derby December 1867 Volume 8b page 188 Mother's Maiden Name = Holmes
No other Siblings years either side 1860 to 1880
After Daniel marrying Kate approx 1885/6 then had:

Alexander Chisholm born West Derby September 1886 Volume 8b page 43 Mother's Maiden Name = Looker

Then returned to Glasgow .

Then James M Chisholm born Scotland 1889 it was fashionable to name children after the Parents or Grandparents so James may be named after Kate's Dad shown as John on her Baptism I have seen John and James used as with Albert and Alfred in my Tree cases.

1891 Census now seems to fit.

There is Death of a James Looker aged 75 in West Derbyin September 1886 Volume 8b page 228 which I suggest might be Kate's Father.

I think with his Job he moved to Barrow on route to Liverpool

Now for the strange Son declaration on the Census for John H Chisholm aged 16 on 1901 Census born 1894/5 in Barrow in Furness.

GRO INDEX shows a John Looker Chisholm born Barrow in Furness District in December 1894 Volume 8 E page 829
but the Mother's Maiden Name is DAVIES not LOOKER
but 1911 Census shows Visitors Lizzie Davies and Thomas Davies as Visitors
I assume Lizzie is Elizbeth Looker Kate's younger Sister now married with Son Thomas and that JohnChisholm
was also possibly Hers brought up and adopted by Daniel and Kate as their own ? (Have seen this many times over)

William Chisholm born West Derby March 1897 Volume 8b page 378 Mother's Maiden Name = Looker

David Chisholm born West Derby September 1899 Volume 8b page 453 Mother's Maiden Name = Looker

Albert Edward Chisholm born West Derby March 1902 Volume 8b page 332 Mother's Maiden Name shown as LOOKAN not Looker

Daniel Chisholm born West Derby March 1904 Volume 8b page 361 Mother's Maiden Name = Looker

No other Siblings shown born up to 1918

Hope this Helps ?
BOBHAMO

Good detail Alan fills some gaps :D :D
the looker family can go back a bit further
trying to find a match for Mary Mcgee
but need more info
mabe Jan will look in
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jan

:D

Well done Alan and Bob, great finds.

Daniel and Catherine married in Liverpool 1886

Name:
Daniel Chisholm
Event Type:
Marriage
Event Place:
Liverpool, Lancashire, England
Registration District:
Liverpool
County:
Lancashire
Registration Quarter:
Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year:
Volume:
8B
Page:
Affiliate Line Number:
Possible Spouse:
Mary Bennion
Possible Spouse:
Catherine Lucy Looker
Possible Spouse:
William Wilson

As for Mary Mcghee and her family, more information is needed, was this Mary's married name or maiden name? The name of her husband and any children they had, also an approximate year and place of birth.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

:D

Here is the marriage at St Nicholas Church Liverpool (the one near the Pier Head)

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
BOBHAMO

It looks like Albert moved inwith elder brother Alex when his parents died
there is a Alex over the water
and might be his son Dan 5 Parkinson road walton
in 1911 there was an alex chisholm carter 1 grecian terrace everton
sounds like him on the census
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
redcaz1010

that is a brilliant start and thank you for the research being in Scotland makes it easier for me as you have the local knowledge thank you so much
carolann
redcaz1010

Mary McGee never moved to Liverpool it was her sister Nan (may have been Agnes as Nan is often used up here for pet name) who im told moved to Bootle .She had the three sisters who were Mary ,Nancy and Sarah and may have been born in Glasgow.Father was Andrew Mcghee (travelling showman) and mother was Mary Mcghee (maiden name Cowan) who were married on 29th Oct 1910 .i dont know if this helps

thanks again