Hi need your help please looking for part of court family

Find Bootle friends and family here
Google girl

Hi again I found in my mother's things after she died, obituary of Mr William G Court, he worked at Harland and Wolff Bootle, he died on 23thAUgust from St Johns Rd Bootle full page spread in Bootle Times, worked Harland and Wolff 30 yrs, had a son who died in India 5 MTHS ago, can't tell you year he died but before I was born 1944, all the family attended funeral and reps of Harland and Wolff , I am trying to track the other 2 sons, it says one in Normandy, the other in Italy, don't know there first names,served. HM Forces ,don't know anymore sorry, WWIi, don't know regiments, just what it says in obituary, can anyone tract for me, I tried ringing Harland and Wolff now Belfast they couldn't help me, just stuck now thank you : looking forward to any posts ,can't ask members of the family, sorry to say they pasted away I aunty left, and she couldn't help me thanks again
Google girl

Just to and my mother's name was Bella court, married Çharlie Smith, she worked at Girl bank and Vernon's pools, thank you again dad Charlie worked docks after serving in armed services, thanks again
ALAMO2008

A search of the Online GRO site shows a Death Registered in September Quarter 1944 in Bootle Registration District For William George Court aged 59 recorded in Vol 8b Page 168
You can order a Full Death Certificate Copy for £11 or a PDF online copy Emailed for £7 from them by providing those Index details.
It will show his Home Address, Profession, Cause of Death, and Name, Address and relationship of Informant.

Also if you want a Copy of his Full Birth Certificate its under William George Court, March Quarter 1885 West Derby Registration District Vol 8b Page 434 Mother`s Maiden Name shown as = FEARNS

Hope this helps.
Google girl

Thank you for your help will do that, I don't know where to go to find out what happened to the 2 sons serving France and Spain, sorry no first names, or regiments numbers, but I keep trying thank you again
ALAMO2008

What year was Bella Court born ?

Who did William George Court Marry ? and any idea when ?

Was her Maiden Name = KENT ?
Google girl

Bella court born 1925 grans name Mary, sorry can't help maiden name, Bella had sister. Emily, lily, Queenie, Hilda, and obiltory says 3 sons but no names, all from 22 at Johns Rd Bootle thank you hope it helps
Google girl

William court married my gran Mary, don't know maiden name sorry
BOBHAMO

Name William George Court
Alias GEORGE

Event Place Bootle Cum Linacre, Bootle, Lancashire, England
County Lancashire
Parish Bootle Cum linacre
Age 27
Marital Status MARRIED
Marital Status MARRIED
Occupation MOTOR BREAD VAN DRIVER
Industry BAKER AND FLOUR DEALER
Number in Family 5
Birth Year (Estimated) 1884
Birthplace City Of Liverpool, Lancashire

Birthplace
William George Court Head M 27 City Of Liverpool, Lancashire
Mary Catherine Court Wife F 24 City Of Liverpool, Lancashire
William George Court Son M 7 Borough Of Bootle, Lancashire
Nellie Court Daughter F 5 Borough Of Bootle, Lancashire
Elizabeth Agnees Court Daughter F 3 City Of Liverpool, Lancashire
Frederick John Court Son M 1 City Of Liverpool, Lancashire
the 1938 address was 13 st johns road
is it your family :D :D
if it is there are details of his father
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Google girl

Thank you so much for your help, sounds like it, but in obituary it says worked for Harland and Wolff for 30 years, only got Mr e çourt and Mr g court brothers I presume that's grandad brothers, but not sons no intials mind you 1 dead India. 2 still fighting I think thank you again xx
BOBHAMO

Event Date 31 Mar 1901
Event Place Bootle Cum Linacre, Lancashire, England
County Lancashire
Civil Parish Bootle Cum Linacre
Ecclesiastical Parish St Johns
Sub-District Bootle
Registration District West Derby
Residence Note Beatrice Street
Gender Male
Age 16
Occupation STABLE ASST
Relationship to Head of Household Son
Birth Year (Estimated) 1885

Birthplace
Fredrick Court Head M 44 Devonport, Devonshire
Elizabeth Court Wife F 41 Liverpool, Lancashire
Emily Court Daughter F 22 Liverpool, Lancashire
Ernest Court Son M 21 Liverpool, Lancashire
Fredrick Court Son M 18 Liverpool, Lancashire
William Court Son M 16 Liverpool, Lancashire
Nellie Court Daughter F 13 Liverpool, Lancashire
George Court Son M 7 Liverpool, Lancashire
Florence Court Daughter F 2 Liverpool, Lancashire
williams father fredrick
2 brothers Ernest, George
pity it does not say what his job was in 1938
sio he could have changed his job from 1911
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Google girl

I really can't thank you enough so helpful, puts peices together for us. Younger ones he he I'm only 75 this year, but young at heart, thank you again will pass on to other cousins thank you
ALAMO2008

[quote="ALAMO2008"]What year was Bella Court born ?

Was her Maiden Name = KENT ?[/quote

Friends called earlier while I was researching this and awaiting your reply re Kent. which delayed me.

Meanwhile Bobhamo found 1911 Census with 4 of the 9 children I had found up to 1918 between a Court and Kent Marriage in West Derby.

When I saw his findings I felt we were on the right track.

WILLIAM George Court married I presume 1903/4 ? = a Mary Catherine Kent
Can't yet find their Marriage Index yet.
But she was born Sep1886 West Derby Vol 8b Page 414 Mother`s Maiden Name = Duggan
First Born named after Father which was the Tradition =
William George Court registered March 1904 West Derby Vol 8b page 363 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Nellie Court registered March 1906 West Derby Vol 8b page 385 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Nellie died aged 9 March 1915 West Derby Vol 8b page 605

Elizabeth Agnes Court registered June 1908 West Derby Vol 8b page 415 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Frederick John Court named after his Granddad also a Tradition
registered March March 1910 West Derby Vol 8b page 428 Mother`s Maiden Name =Kent

Irene Court registered March 1912 West Derby Vol 8b page 733 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Irene died aged 2 Dec 1914 West Derby Vol 8b page 557

George Court registered June 1913 West Derby Vol 8b page 644 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Harry Court registered March 1915 West Derby Vol 8b page 695 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Harry died aged 0 Dec 1915 West Derby Vol 8b page 629

Mary Court registered March 1916 West Derby Vol 8b page 739 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Hilda Court registered June 1918 West Derby Vol 8b page 662 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

In 1914 then aged 29 William when WW1 broke out I suggest changed from Bread Van Driver to working for Harland and Wolf to help the War Effort.
There are 9 soldiers named Court listed as Serving in the Liverpool Kings Regt in WW1 but you have key the Surname in on the Kings Regt. Touch Screen Devereux Database on the First Floor of the Museum of Liverpool Life to view each one and more about their lives.

Hope this helps.

If you need help setting up a GRO account and ordering Birth and Death Certificates send me a Personal Message and I'll talk you through it.
BOBHAMO

Think you have nailed it Al :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Google girl

Wow thank you so much for being so helpful, you are stars, can now pass on to cousins thank you again couldn't of done it without you
ALAMO2008

And there`s more !
Realised after listing 9 children you hadn't answered question when Bella was born? so she wasn't included in my finds.

Did a search and found :

Isabel Court registered Jun 1925 West Derby Vol 8b page 894 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Thought it strange that this was 7 years after Hilda in 1918 so looked for Deaths of Children 1918 to 1944 then worked back to find Child Births.

Also Found Isabel (Bella) Court Marriage Index to Charles Smith in Liverpool March 1944 Vol 8b page 489

Found a Death index also for Isabelle Smith aged 79 I
n Apr 1999 Liverpool Reg.No. G24D Dist. 0251G Entry 73
States her Date of Birth as 31 March 1925
which would fit as Registration would have been too late for March Quarter
hence registered in June 1925 quarter.

Found another 5 children born after Hilda between 1918 and 1926 which includes Bella making 14 kids in all
However, 7 of the 14 died before age of 9

Will list the new 4 finds later, as now have to dash out with friends.
Google girl

You are so kind Alamo 2008, really couldn't of done without all your help it's wonderful ready to read and print out thanks again x
ALAMO2008

Gladys Court Birth Registered Sept 1920 West Derby Vol 8b page 836 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Died aged 1 Death Registered March 1922 West Derby Vol 8b page 940

James Court Birth Registered March 1922 West Derby Vol 8b page 815 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Died aged 0 Death Registered March 1922 West Derby Vol 8b page 660

Isabel Court Birth Registered Jun 1925 as stated above in previous post.

Margaret Court (Twin of Bella Court above) Birth Same Registration June 1925 West Derby Vol 8b page 894
Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Margaret died aged 4 West Derby June 1929 Vol 8b page 667

Leonard Court Birth Registered Dec 1926 West Derby Vol 8b page 805 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent
Died aged 0 Death Registered June 1927 West Derby Vol 8b page 451

Hope this helps.

Thought Court/Kent were about to break my Relative`s Record of 19 kids 8 Died
Google girl

Thank you again, I knew Bella court my mother was a twin she told me, what a shame so many died, we thank our lucky stars for our NHS, now I have let some cousins know and sent link to page, I am so pleased to find out more about our family, you never think to ask when they are alive do you, many thanks again x
sunshinecoast@BC

ALAMO2008 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 pm
ALAMO2008 wrote:What year was Bella Court born ?

Friends called earlier while I was researching this and awaiting your reply re Kent. which delayed me.

Meanwhile Bobhamo found 1911 Census with 4 of the 9 children I had found up to 1918 between a Court and Kent Marriage in West Derby.

But she was born Sep1886 West Derby Vol 8b Page 414 Mother`s Maiden Name = Duggan
William George Court registered March 1904 West Derby Vol 8b page 363 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Nellie Court registered March 1906 West Derby Vol 8b page 385 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Elizabeth Agnes Court registered June 1908 West Derby Vol 8b page 415 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

registered March March 1910 West Derby Vol 8b page 428 Mother`s Maiden Name =Kent

Irene Court registered March 1912 West Derby Vol 8b page 733 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

George Court registered June 1913 West Derby Vol 8b page 644 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Harry Court registered March 1915 West Derby Vol 8b page 695 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Mary Court registered March 1916 West Derby Vol 8b page 739 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

Hilda Court registered June 1918 West Derby Vol 8b page 662 Mother`s Maiden Name = Kent

In 1914 then aged 29 William when WW1 broke out I suggest changed from Bread Van Driver to working for Harland and Wolf to help the War Effort.
There are 9 soldiers named Court listed as Serving in the Liverpool Kings Regt in WW1 but you have key the Surname in on the Kings Regt. Touch Screen Devereux Database on the First Floor of the Museum of Liverpool Life to view each one and more about their lives.

Hope this helps.

If you need help setting up a GRO account and ordering Birth and Death Certificates send me a Personal Message and I'll talk you through it.

sunshinecoast@BC

Hi

I came across your post & I hope you can forgive the intrusion but whilst having my cup of tea - found these - I can't find the marriage certificate for the older G.W. Court but have found the elusive index

Enjoy

Kind regards
Jane
sunshinecoast@BC

ALAMO2008 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 pm
ALAMO2008 wrote:What year was Bella Court born ?

Hope this helps.

sunshinecoast@BC

Before I went I found this - I assume that this is Mary C. Kent's Baptism - this is the same Church as her children's - so I'm assuming that this is where she married.
Google girl

Thank you so much for this help very interesting I am going to send to my god daughter in Dubai as she is very interested as well thank you again