GLOUCESTER ROAD

Find Bootle friends and family here
Wendy Jane

Hello, have just joined Bootle Times today, so sorry if sounding vague! I lived on Gloucester Road, Bootle and was wondering if anybody would remember the name of my father, Jimmy Parker. Going back to 1946.

Many thanks.
BOBHAMO

Welcome Wendy :D :D :D
if you could give more info what school , workplace, pub ,
it might jog someones memories
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lynne99

Where abouts on Gloucester Rd? I went to Christ Church School and had friends lived at the bottom of the road near Waterworks St.
ken

I lived very close to Hawthorne Rd School in Gloucester Rd opposite where it was bombed and where prefabs were put up - by German POWs as I remember. But I don't remember a Parker family. It is a lonnnnng road though.

Ken
Roberts, Allison are the Bootle names I'm interested in.

Thorp(e), Ballard, Parry, Lucas, Dodd, Jacobson, are Liverpool ancestors.
ALAMO2008

My Auntie Agnes Ericson lived at 181 Gloucester Rd from WW2 to 1970

her Husband Alf Ericson lived there till his death in Feb 1954
ken

We lived next door to theEricsons - an elderly quiet couple I remember! We moved in 1956.

Ken
Roberts, Allison are the Bootle names I'm interested in.

Thorp(e), Ballard, Parry, Lucas, Dodd, Jacobson, are Liverpool ancestors.
Bootlelass-expat

Hello ALAMO2008

You mentioned my hubby’s grandparents.

Alfred and Agnes (née O’Malley) Ericson. We used to visit her and decorated the hallway of 181 Gloucester Rd in 1966.

We went to visit her on our wedding day (1967) as she was bedridden and couldn’t come to wedding - she thought she had died and an angel had come for her (I was all dressed in white - my wedding dress and veil).

Our photo with her was the last one taken of her. I was pregnant with my first child when she died and members of the family said I couldn’t go to funeral because I was pregnant ???????? I was so upset.

What memories you have resurrected.

Doreen
angied013

Hi Doreen

I always remember my mother forcing me to go to Nan Ericsons after school to do my homework, but she had a television then, so obviously homework didn't get done. I didn't like the house there was always an atmosphere on the stairs not helped by my mother telling me someone hung themselves there, and always having to use the outside toilet

Those were the days

Angie
Matthew

My name is Matthew Macdonald and I lived in Gloucester Road. #268 from 1930 to 1941 I was twelve when the house was bombed we where opposite the
end of the school near Greens dairy. Next door to us lived the Parkers they where an elderly couple with no children however they could have had children and moved away they where old enough he was a boilermaker and her name was Minnie as far as I know they both were killed in the air raid.
Matthew San Jose California.
filsgreen

Thanks for that information, Matthew, welcome to the forum. :D
BOBHAMO

welcome Matthew
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
ALAMO2008

ALAMO2008 wrote:My Auntie Agnes Ericson lived at 181 Gloucester Rd from WW2 to 1970

her Husband Alf Ericson lived there till his death in Feb 1954

Cousin Angie on visiting her Gran at 181Gloucester Rd in the 1950's remembers being told someone hung themselves in the entrance hallway there.perhaps pre War

Does anyone know os such a Death there ?