Research.

Find Bootle friends and family here
shadow

Does anybody known how do I start to learn about research.
I would like to research my family on both sides. Unfortunately I cant ask my family because they have all gone over to the otherside.
If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful x.
Life is for living and freedom is for everyone :)
gazV8uk

Easiest way to start is to jot down all you already know about your family, etc. You can then either subscribe to a family history site such as Ancestry or Findmypast. Your local library will have access to certain records, as well as your county Archives, usually free but you might have to book an appointment. Local libraries and archives also run courses on family history research. The genies on here are very helpful; try posting some details and see what answers you get. Happy hunting!
filsgreen

Nah Gaz, the best way is just to let our fantastic Genies do their stuff. Give them the family names and watch them go. They'll have the info while Shadow is subscribing to Ancestry.com. :D
BOBHAMO

e
Last edited by BOBHAMO on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bootle born altcar road
lynne99

If the family are in Lancashire then this site is a wonderful, free site, give it a go.
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/
you can search with a name or parents name and a date and region , goes back to at least 1600s. Great fun :D
Thommos sister

The Mormons site is free just google familysearch.org. Click the Search button and away you go. You won't get many Catholic records in there, they were not liked! Their records go a long way back from all over the world. They were stored in vaults in Salt Lake City until they decided to share them with the rest of the world. T.S :D
Jan

Hi Shadow,

This website might help you. https://thegenealogyguide.com/research- ... y#page-fam

If you need any further help, just ask on here, We will do our best to help.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
shadow

Thank you Jan and all for giving me advice about researching my family's history.
To be honest with you all I work and dont get much time to come on here.

I would really like to research my family, it would be a great challenge for me. If I fall or fail along the way, I would be grateful if you all could help me.

This is the unknown to me, I am looking forward to trying and with all your help I hope to go back a long long way into all my family's history.

Thank you all X.
Life is for living and freedom is for everyone :)
Thommos sister

Hi Shadow, list some family members and we will take it from there. Good Luck T.S