Morrison Kenneth William

Find Bootle friends and family here
FrancesBoyd

Looking for Kenneth William Morrison DOB 13/7/1940 born 5 Akenside Street Bootle. Mothers name Joyce Geraldine nee Fowler. Any information on Kenneth would be greatfull, Joyce remarried William Ernest Halcomb but remained at this address until her death 15/11/1959. Please help.
filsgreen

Hi Frances, welcome to the forum. I'm sure our amazing Genies will be along shortly to help you.
BOBHAMO

Hi Frances and welcome Alamo has but a thread on akinside street with a photo
of his cousin and ken morrison
its looks like he was in the army in 1962
i looked for a later address but no luck
you might have luck with army records
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
FrancesBoyd

Thank you so much this is the first positive news I have had in years, will keep digging and let you no how I get on :D
FrancesBoyd

Hi Bobhamo, still in shock, the photograph of Kenneth, thank you ever so much for that, he is the double of his father Sydney Morrison, and also very like my mum Patricia. Taking the photograph over to her to see today, she will be delighted, now she has two family photographs one of her father Sydney and now her step brother. Will have a look into his regiment and see what I can find on him any ideas on how to get a service record on him, nothing on ancestry,,, wont give up hope, thanks again, will be in touch.. THANKS :D :D :D
BOBHAMO

Hi Frances the kings regiment have there own website
and i am sure they can help you, my brother lives in Akenside street :D
the genies have not responded yet but they are very good
hope you can get more info
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
ALAMO2008

Hi Frances

Only got the Cutting on Friday and unable to post it on here till yesterday.

Unable to ask Cousin Billy regarding Ken as Billy was killed by a Lorry reversing while Asphalting for Limmer & Trinidad in Warrington on Sep 1982

Try this Link on the Kings Site in The Museum of Liverpool Life, sadly the Kings Database only covers WW1

For records post 1921 you'll need to download Form to apply for Ken's records as he may still be alive.

Send the Forms Disclosures 1 & 4 to the Army Personnel Records at Glasgow

Good Luck.

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/mol/ ... cords.aspx
FrancesBoyd

Thank you so much I appreciate your help. Sorry to hear about your cousin what a terrible accident. I have emailed the link you gave me and will keep you posted as to my progress. Thanks Alamo
Frances
Thommos sister

Hi Frances good luck with your search. Gores/Kelly's Directory 1938 (probably recorded in 1937) at No 5 has James Fowler night watchman. Only the head of the family were listed. I was surprised reading 1939 register in F.M.P that Joyce was listed as Halcomb other names Fowler & Morrison. She married Mr Morrison in March qtr 1940. I don't know why all her surnames are listed as she didn't marry again to Wm E Holcomb until 1949??? Perhaps by the time all the rego's were collected and digitised, all surnames had been connected. I don't know?? T.S :D
ALAMO2008

FrancesBoyd

Hi guys you have all been very helpful just want to say a big thanks it is a great help.
Joyce and her name change - its maybe because Sydney Morrison died just before Kenneth was born (Stoker onboard HMS Whirlwind torpedoed 5/7/1940).
Frances
lily8

Hi Teens in answer to your question the register compiled in 1939 was used a the basis for collating information required for the formation of the National Health Service and as such all marriages after 1939 and up to 1948 were recorded. Cheers :D
Lily
Thommos sister

Thanks my little wombat mate!! Teens
ALAMO2008

Researching in Liverpool Library yesterday and had a quick look in the Gores Directory Microfilm for 1970 (none after that)

There was a Mr K Morrison at 1 Hawksmoor Rd, Fazakerley, Liverpool 10 listed

When next back will try Voters Lists to see if it is a Kenneth Morrison at that address.