jones family

Find Bootle friends and family here
lily8

error
Last edited by lily8 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lily
lily8

Hi and so sorry for the very long delay I had an accident and was virtually bedridden for months fine now, if you would kindly pm me with an email address, I am trying to contact somebody who may be a living relative and if they respond I will pass on your email so that they may contact you. Best regards and fingers crossed Lilian

I am guessing that this person is a relative of one of John Patrick Jones siblings

Mariam Finnigan (Mary)
Marriage Date
9 May 1876
Marriage Place
St Anthony, Lancashire, England
Father
Terentu Finnigan (Terence)
Spouse
Lawrentium Jones (Lawrence)
Father
Jacobi Jones (James)

Lily
ponderosa

hi lily so sorry to hear of your accident hope you are truly on the mend now cannot beleive what you have found out that is great news have messaged you hopefully i have done this correctly i have looking as well and thought i would try in ireland re mary ward as she and john patrick married there actually stumbled across her looking at smallpox vaccinations but the birth year is 1 year earlier and rossdreenagh was spelt rosdrina but the same fathers name and birthplace i felt was to much of a coincidence it also showed her mother was a rose finn and there were five siblings john,thomas,catherine,anne and francis .thankyou again lily and with everythin you've been through am so grateful that you have still been searching for my familly sending very best wishes to you janice
ponderosa

hello again lily have found marriage certificate for laurence and mary everything tallies up apart from marys fathers name which is listed as thomas finegan lawrence is john patricks brother sorry i did not pick up on this on original message but all certificates we have were packed away best wishes janice
ponderosa

sorry totally wrong it's his parents these names are driving me barmy bad enough surname jones his father was also lawrence
ponderosa

hello again hoping one of you kind people can help me again both myself and mum took dna tests and it has brought up a likely match for her father who was unknown with help from a dna match she is pretty certain it is one of the sons of william wood born 1874 liverpool lancs and esther ann gale born 1876 sons bernard wood born 1909 arthur james wood 1907 sampson wood 1903 and william george wood 1899 sampsons son born in 1932 and still living sadly this side of the family nobody has dna tested hoping one of you know of the family and can help me thanking you janice
Jan

Hi Janice,

I don't know any of the Wood family you have given details of, I have searched through a few records and found that many of that family are no longer living. you don't say when your mother was born, or where.

I have found some burial/cremation records for members of the Wood family, also marriages. If you can give a time frame of when your mum was born it might help to maybe eliminate some details.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
ponderosa

hello jan thankyou for replying my reason for posting my previous message was a 1000-1 chance that someone on here would know this living descendant 0f sampson wood and elsie coffey rodney wood born 1932 in liverpool sampson wood was born 6th dec 1903 liverpool married elsie coffey his brothers william g wood 22nd january 1899-23rd sept 1972 arthur james wood 2nd oct 1907-jan 1998 married sarah m dennett child norma may wood 1932-2019 lastly bernard wood 31st may 1909-29th nov 1958 brothers born to william wood 1874 and esther ann gale 1st oct 1876 -1940 they also resided in everton many thanks janice
Jan

Hi Janice,

Because of privacy reasons for possible living people, I can't post details on an open forum, I have sent you an email.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
ponderosa

could mack private message me please thanks janice