The Savins of Spring Grove

Find Bootle friends and family here
rivermersey

Does anyone know or even better have any pictures of the Savins or the street?
ron waters

I lived just around the corner as a kid in Park Street , and remember the Savins , their house was too small and as the family grew they got the house next door and I think had the wall knocked down between , because they were only two up and two down houses in Spring Grove .
I seem to remember Eric , Jimmy , Brian and I think Norma , I always thought Mr and Mrs Savin had 7 children , but my sister has just told me there was 11 .
ttfn Ron
rivermersey

Hi Ron
Thanks for that. Eric and Brian still live in Bootle, Jimmy's in Netherton, Norma lives in Ireland and Marie (Number 12 of 13) lives in Netherton.
JUNE

We lived next door to Eric and Nan Savin in Coventry Avenue, Netherton. Jimmy Savin stills lives there. Mr. and Mrs. Savin moved from Bootle Village up to Netherton and did have a large family but I thought there were 13 of them but when they came to Coventry Avenue some of the older ones did not live there as they were married. Elaine Savin was around my age but she died a number of years ago. The Savin children had lots of children themselves so there are a fair few Savins around. (Mr. Savin (Eric) was an only child and his mum had a fruit shop on Walton Vale.
Padraig

I lived in 12 Spring Grove just across the road from the Savin family, and played with Michael, Terry and Norma.
They were my greatest friends, but time goes and people move on.
I moved to New Zealand.
Dave elliott

Also lived in spring Grove as a child and also in park street was good friends with David until we left the area when I was 8
Dave elliott

Anyone know about David Savin
Barby

Padraig wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:29 am I lived in 12 Spring Grove just across the road from the Savin family, and played with Michael, Terry and Norma.
They were my greatest friends, but time goes and people move on.
I moved to New Zealand.
I know this was a post from last year. My Gt Grandparents Ellen & Edward Evans lived at 14 Spring Grove, my Gt Grandfather till 1915, then my Gt Grandmother till 1944. Other family lived there at times as well. Edwared (jnr) being one of them.
My Grandparents moved to NZ in 1923.

Hope you are still enjoying the freedom in NZ that we have.

Barby
Looking for, Evans, Keatinge, Porter, Anderson, Norton, Lobb, families