Sixty years ago--to-day

Find Bootle friends and family here
marymaple que.

Sixty years ago to-day....June 29th..1956 I set sail from Liverpool on the --Empress of France--for Canada.....I just wanted to let the world know.....X
Shelagh

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARYMAPLE QUE :D THE WORLD NOW KNOWS :wink:
HOPE CANADA HAS BEEN KIND TO YOU MARY :D
BEST WISHES FROM SHELAGH XX
scotty

marymaple que. wrote:Sixty years ago to-day....June 29th..1956 I set sail from Liverpool on the --Empress of France--for Canada.....I just wanted to let the world know.....X
Marymaple, I was a five year old in 1950, when my family, all eight of us also sailed on the Empress of France to Halifax Nova Scotia.It was a ten day journey and for five or six days, we were very seasick.After the voyage, we then had a three day journey by train to Winnipeg Manitoba. All for the sum of ten pounds.
All gave some
Some gave all
marymaple que.

His./..Scotty......it took us 9 day's to cross, and I was sick for 3 of them, I lived and worked in Montreal for 1yr. got married and lived in the Laurention mountain's for 55yrs. I moved to Halifax 5yrs ago, to live with my son who had retired from the Canadien navy, unfortunatly he passed away in Nov/2014......but I am staying in Halifax, the people are all so friendly and of course it is not as cold as Quebec, but I still miss ---La Belle Province---
lily8

Congratulations on the anniversary Mary :D
Lily
scotty

Hi Marymaple, I was sorry to hear about your son.You certainly picked a beautiful province to live in. I worked with a lot of people from Nova Scotia and yes, they really are a friendly bunch.By the way, did you manage to learn French when you lived in Montreal?
All gave some
Some gave all
Elaine Goulding

Congratulations Mary. Apart from the sad loss of your son it sounds as though Canadian life has been good to you. After 55 years
you are definitely settled! Did you make it back to England many times over the past 55 years? I have been in Canada 34 years and a Canadian Citizen. Over the years I travelled back many times to see my lovely Mum and Dad, however Dad passed away in 2000 and Mum died 2011. I have not been back to Liverpool since her death and do not know if I will ever return again. Canada has been good to me and my family and I have never regretted our decision to leave Liverpool. However, I have to say I have not met many Canadians with the same sense of humour, warmth and strength of character as the wonderful people of Liverpool. Mary, may you continue your life in this wonderful country with the very best of health and happiness........Elaine
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
marymaple que.

Thankyou to everyone for my anniversary greetings, I came here when I was just 18yrs.and loved it from the moment I landed, of course I did get home-sick many time's, but you get over that when you relise it was such a good choice, and I eventually married a (French-Canadien)....had 6children--1girl--5 boy's........and I can honestly say that Canada was the best thing that ever happened to me, friends here say that I am still very --British--????in my manner, but that is fine with me , I was home at least 4 times,but was alway's happy to get back to my chosen home in the mountain's of Quebec.....Thankyou all again..I do enjoy this site and everyone's input....M.M.P.