Frederick Molloy

Find Bootle friends and family here
Shelagh

Hello all, I have been asked by my friend Val, to help find information regarding her uncle Freddie.
Frederick Molloy was born 1910
25 Lemon Street. Kirkdale,
I managed to find the family on the 1911 census, but under the wrongly spelt name Mottoy.
Frederick changed his name at some point, to Maloy, he then joined the Grenadier Guards, and at one time, lived in Oxford Gardens, Kensington, London.
Val has very little information about her uncle, but thinks he had a common-Law wife
named Gwendoline Agnes Foote.
Freddie passed away in July 1966.
This is the only known information that she has, and would love to know, if any more is available.
In particular, if Freddie had any children.
I had a search on ancestry, but got no further than 1911 census.
So would be very grateful for any help whatsoever.
many thanks Shelagh and Val.

Reg district 455
Sub district Kirkdale
Vessel 24
Piece22467
lily8

Hi Sheila and Val :D I have had a look and it looks like he was Frederick J Molloy born 1910 and death registered as Frederick J Molloy 1966 London area, a search of the BMD records (though these are not fully indexed) turned up no children with mother maiden name Foote. The only Gwendoline A Foote that looks likely was born in the south and a marriage is recorded for her. I would suggest obtaining a copy of the death certificate which may give further details. There is a possibility that he enlisted as early as 1938 as no record could be found on the 1939 register.
Lily
Thommos sister

Hi Shelagh, not adding anything to your search, just to say what a sad 1911 census, 3 children died, names listed and crossed out.
Edward, Louise and Mary Elizabeth. You have 3 guardian angels.
T.S
Shelagh

Hello Tina, and thank you so much for the search,, yes it is very sad when you look at the census and see those names, sadder still, is the fact that Ellen, James and Walter all died before the age of twenty, the only one to survive was Freddie, and Val's Father William, who was born in 1916.
(I think Val was desperately hoping that there might be a cousin or two, as she has no immediate family whatsoever, she would have been thrilled to have a connection to someone)
This is the reason I needed extra help from the genies,, I wanted to make doubly sure I hadn't missed anything.
Many thanks for time and trouble Tina, best wishes from Shelagh and Val.
Shelagh

Hello Lily, it is a very difficult one, I know, I couldn't seem to find anything at all,, not even a death registration of the three deceased children named on the 1911 census,, Val seems to think that Mary Elizabeth was not one child but twins, she had heard her parents speak of them,, but there may have been many mistakes made on the census at that time, suppose we'll never know, the other children had premature death's also, Ellen made eighteen, but I think the other's died earlier. What hard times these poor souls had.. and probably then placed in a paupers grave after all that suffering, God bless them!
Very many thanks for you're help Lily, much appreciated! (You genies are fantastic) xx
Thommos sister

Hi Shelagh, Free BMD have the death rego's in West Derby. Edwd O 1903 and Mary Elizabeth 2 yrs 1907.
T.S
Shelagh

Thank you so much Tina, I know Val will be so grateful for this information, I wasn't sure about the child Mary Elizabeth, especially as I was given to believe it was twins,, thanks for checking and clearing that up. Shall now be able to update Val with that news and perhaps put her mind at ease. .
Many Thanks from Shelagh and Val xx
Thommos sister

Hi again Shelagh & Val Free BMD have Walter J's death aged 22 in W Dby Dec qtr 1924
Ellen June qtr 1924 aged 15 and James 1928 aged 21 yrs.
So very very sad. You have to wonder in 1924 if there was an outbreak of something that took two of them within a few months?
T.S
Shelagh

Hi again Tina, quite shocking when looking at the dates of the deaths,,can't stop wondering
what the reason was, for all those untimely deaths,, could have been Diphtheria or T.B. Or maybe just abject poverty,, but do agree it is so very sad. Thanks for finding all that out Tina,, don't know how you do it,, I tried, but could get nothing after census,, but will now make sure Val sends off for those death certificates..(even if she doesn't have anyone to pass them on to)
I am certain, it will bring her peace of mind, just knowing.
Thank you so very much Tina xx
Thommos sister

Thanks Shelagh for lovely reply. It could be any number of things that caused their deaths. T.B would have taken some time. The other infections, well there were no anti bios back then sadly.
Measles also was rampant. And I believe Typhus in some parts of the city. It's anyone's guess.
Warmies from downunder Tina xox