family tree

Find Bootle friends and family here
lily8

Ok then forget the Mcauley stuff will post more a bit later.
Lily
Matt

Hi Lily,on that 1910 census the two Smiths are Sydney and Lena not Sena they are my granny's two youngest
siblings.Sarah is Cissie my grandfathers sister.I am just guessing but my grandfather is not on the list because he
was away at sea.This would be about the time that my great grandfather on the Smith side deserted his family and I know my granny Annie Smith was in service at some time I believe in the Isle of Man.Angus and John(Jack) were already in the RN
so just maybe my great grandfather Thomas Wethered looked after his son's(Matthew) fiancee(Annie Smith) two youngest siblings
Matt
lily8

It sure looks that way Matt and thank goodness for it eh?? the transcriptions of names are sometimes truly terrible and makes searching a lot harder too. Off to Have a look at Mary Florence Smith/Edmonson/Wethered back later on eye on the games repeats!!
Just by the way poor Jane nee Mcauley died at 43 in 1877 leaving husband Thomas and the children, so not surprising he married again a year later.
Lily
lily8

This is an early 1851 record for Mary Florence Smith ----Edmonson-------Wethered and her family living in Great Homer Street her father was a saddler

Mary Smith

Estimated birth year:

Relation:
Daughter

Father's Name:
John Smith

Mother's name:
Ann Smith

Where born:
Liverpool, Lancashire, England
Household Members:

Name

John Smith 59
Ann Smith 50
John Smith 13
Mary Smith 10
I can only guess that there are more children so will look at 1841. John and Ann are I think your Gt Gt grands.

So If I have it correct so far

Mathew Wetherd (Matt)
Parents Sidney Alexander Wethered and Daisy RIP
Grand Parents Mathew Wethered and Annie Smith
Gt Grandparents Thomas Crawford Wethered and Mary Florence Smith Edmondson
Gt Gt Grandparents Richard Wethered and as yet Unknown
Gt Gt Grandparents John and Ann Smith.

Back tomorrow :D
Lily
Matt

Just like to pass on mine and cunny's (Teresa) thanks.We are FAMILY!!!!!!
But here is something very unexpected Teresa's husband Matthew(Matty) was in the same class as my wife Sheilas brother George
at St Jimmies.We have been talking about our families and Teresa mentioned her husband's age and the school he went to and
Low and behold not only did Matty remember George but knew exactly where their family used to live in Southey Street.
Great stuff genies another feather in your tiddley bonnets. :) :)
Lots of love to you Jan,Glossy and Lily.
Matt
kim

Hi Matt, hope you end up seeing this.... I would love to chat with you about your uncle and his siblings... as I think one fo them may help me learn who my father's dad was (he was adopted) he is related to an elizabeth Marcroft ( nee Smith, he dad was Angus henry Smith and his father was angus heyes Smith, wife Eliza Jane harris) could we exchange email addresses and connect briefily?
best Kim
kim

will also add that Dad was born in Montreal Canada. and has 50/50 French and English Welsh DNA enthnicity.
smigger72

Evening Kim, I'm a nephew of Betty (Elizabeth) and can relay any messages you may have.