seaforth street seaforth

Find Bootle friends and family here
bobdunford6

Jan wrote:Hi Bob,

There is a baptism for a Catherine Mahoney 1854 parents Thomas and Ellen, but sadly she died aged 22 days, she was born 4th July 1854, now I am thinking that Ellen could have died in child birth, although her daughter only survived for a short while.

I can't be too sure though because Ellen's burial date is 5th July 1854, both St Anthony's.

I think the address for Catherine is Comus Street on her burial record.

Jan
you are very clever i would not know where to go to find this information,when i started i thought it would be quite easy,like if you found the mans buriel, his wife should be buried with him to,and his children,like we have john dunford, born 1778, died 1837, at titchfield street, age 59 died of fever,source st anthonys buriel records,but they could not find his wife marth there,but you know more then me on family trees, so i will leave it in your good hands ,thank you very much,
robert peter dunford
Jan

Thanks Bob,

Getting back to the 1851 with Thomas, Ellen and little Ellen (Meter or Metes)

I don't think the surname is right at all, if you look at the actual image the writing is almost impossible to make out, and it looks like the enumerater almost missed them off and just wrote things quickly.

I have searched for a possible marriage for Thomas Meter or Metes, and nothing coming up. So I think that the family could possibly be Mahoney.

Little Ellens birth is registered 1849 (Oct) so she wouldn't have had her second birthday yet in 1851 census.

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915 about Ellen Mahoney Name: Ellen Mahoney
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1849
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 20
Page: 301

Now there is a baptism on ancestry which could be Mahoney and has been mis-transcribed, but the name of the church hasn't been given.

Name: Ellen Mchony
Birth Date: 4 Sep 1849
Baptism Date: 7 Oct 1849
Baptism Place: Liverpool, Lancashire, England
Father: Thomas
Mother: Ellen
FHL Film Number: 396380

There isn't a birth registered for an Ellen Mchony in the last quarter of 1849.

Therea another 2 Ellen Mahoney's born about 1849 -1850 in Liverpool, I found them both in the 1851 census, but both had different parents names.

The nearest I could find for a death reg for a Martha Dunford is this one, it's just a pity that ages were not given on the early registers.

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index, 1837-1915 about Martha Dumford Name: Martha Dumford
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1857
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 73

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
glossybonce

lily8 wrote:Hi Mate :D and thanks Elaine :D I spent some time today going through all the catholic Dunford marriages in Liverpool on Ancestry.com but no luck for Martha and John. I just wonder where the records for 1811 are?? it is highly unlikely that they would pass from the Church hands unless to a reputable entity for safe holding. Funny thing I many years ago had a look at the old registers at St Marys as that was where some of my Catholic rellies married I think it was known as St Mary and the Angels Highfield Street?? I wonder if it sustained any bombing in ww2 that may explain missing years records.

Really feel we need to crack 1841 as our only hope what say you??
Hiya Lily
St Mary of the Angels Fox St (aka The Friary) is a different church to St Mary's Highfield St.

Great work ladies.

Glossy x
Time is precious.....Waste it wisely.
Jan

:D

The baptism I have put above for Ellen born 1849 is that of Ellen Mahoney, I had a look on familysearch for the film number, and it came up with St Anthony's, I then went through the records on ancestry, found the baptism, and the godfather's name was John Dunford, godmother Mary McKenna, the address was Burlington Street.

Jan
lily8

Hi Gloss and thanks:D I wasn't too sure but in reality I should have remembered the Friary :oops:
Lily
Jan

I had a look in the 1860 Liverpool directory and found the following Dunford's

John Dunford 56 Marybone licenced broker

William Dunford 22 Wilbraham Place Cart Owner

I found William in 1861 census 22 Wilbraham Place, but could not find a John Dunford at 56 Marybone.

Now there is a burial at St Anthony's 1857 for Martha Dunford, address Marybone.

Name: Martha Dunford
Birth Year: abt 1810
Death Year: abt 1857
Burial Date: 1 Apr 1857
Parish: St Anthony's, Lancashire, England

Jan
Thommos sister

Nice work Jan, no luck in 1854 under surname or 56 Marybone.
T.S
robert dunford

the dunford family lived at ryans place liverpool all there children where born there .so how do we find ryan who owned the place before john dunford and martha 1811.first son born there 1812,the house must have had deeds from the council showing when dunford bought the house who lived there would this give martha maiden name and birth of john dunford and where .we can find the baptism of all the children at st marys .nowin these days 1811 who kept there history liverpool library .liverpool council.where should we search