Porter Family

Find Bootle friends and family here
Jeff

Thanks Eddy, much appreciated. I hope BillyB likes photo.
Sadly all but 3 out of 12 porter siblings have passed away, only Tommy & Aggie in Barmouth and aunty Kathleen in Wigan are still with us now.
cheers Jeff
bboardman

Thanks Jeff--No I'm not on the pic But I see Jimmy Flynn is.One of the Porters[a brother or cousin] was a great darts player and he only had one eye--was it Alex? Great pic Jeff---Billy
Jeff

Billy, None of my uncles had 1 eye mate. Which one is Jimmy Flynn , its a wonder Eddy didn't spot him, are you certain he's on photo ?
David Raven

[quote="the top of audely street"]stevie porter was living in pleasant st bootle.died a few years ago married to nellie gentry.

mary ? porter was living on derby road bootle and was married to norman yardley and she used to live in the prefab on marsh lane opposite the coal yard.

i am sure a barby porter now lives in bootle village , i think her family was from bedford road end.

plenty of alec porters around bootle now.[/quote]

Stevie was my nan's (Jean Raven nee Porter) brother, his wife Nellie passed away last week.

I heard their dad (Stevie snr?) was a bit of a Bootle rogue.
jmoorcroft

Hi Barby,re info given by "Top of Audley St.Sadly Nelly nee Helen Gentry who was married to the late Stevie Porter passed away recently.My aunt Maggie was married to a Paddy Porter.They lived in Kenilwoth St,off Bank Rd Bootle,Having three children,Alec Ronnie,both passed on,and Patricia.All first cousins to the late great John Moorcroft.Jim one of Kirk St
jmoorcroft
Bernadettetweed1

mantitude wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:20 pm I had a mate gerard mooney who was a cousin of stevie porters ,stevie was from bedford road I think, gerard was from ford,Stevie was a bit of a lad to say the least when he was a teenager,but a good skin all the same when you got to know him
Hi this is my Brother Gerard Mooney who is first cousin to Stevie Porter my dad also Gerard was brother to Steve’s mum Nancy
Pepsip

Hi not sure if anyone can help

My dads family lived in 1a Holywell street bootle my nan and grandad Richard porter wive Edith porter (nee Nolan ) had 11 children they both died between 1948 and I think 1951 left all the children. My dad was Richie the youngest boy. His brothers where
Alex paddy stevie Micky Jonny Tommy. his sisters where Joan Aggie Kathleen Mary Eddie
My uncle Tommy has wrote a book called unbroken bond but he is the last living child aged 85 and he was only 5 or 6 when his mum died he’s never had a picture of his mum and he’s been searching for 75 years am hoping someone might have some pictures of bootle around this time would make an old man very happy 🤞🏻
Pepsip

Edith was born 26/12/1909
Died 4/5/1949 aged 39
Pepsip

Hi

Sounds like the same family

My dad was Richie porter born 1946 had 10 brothers and sisters
Steve Micky Jonny paddy Tommy joan Kathleen Aggie Mary and Edie
They where all born in Holly well street bootle known years later to marsh lane. there mum and dad died 1948 1951 stevie Micky and Jonny where the oldest uncle Tommy my dads brother is the last living out of them all he’s wrote a book called unbroken bond we are desperate to try find a picture of my nan Tommy’s mother Edith Christina porter she died 1948 uncle Tommy’s never had a picture of his mum she died when he was around 6 years old. If you have any info that would be amazing
efc46

I knew porters lived on the lane jimmy an paddy walker were related to the porters dont know if that is any help
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Catherine882

Barby wrote: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:58 am Hi all,

Am looking for anyone who might know or have known any members of the Porter family from Bootle.

My grandmother Annie Keatinge lived at 20 Boston St in 1910 when she married. Her mother remarried a William King Porter so Annie was according to the census Annie K Porter.
Annie had two other sisters that I know of, Charlotte and Ellen Porter

I do have a couple of photos that if I post someone may be able to identify them for me.

Jan, how are you? Are you able to help me out here again?

Thanks.
Barbara
Hello,
I also have some problems posting the photos

Can I get help please
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Catherine,

You can read my guide on how to post photos on our Bootle forum using the link below...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28826

Or simply add an image from your computer in your reply by clicking on 'Add image to post' which displays bottom of the message subject.

It displays as a thumbnail in your post but displays full size when clicking on it. This is hosted on Postimage.

You just need to be able to know where the photos are on your computer for uploading.

A quick tip is to put the photo/s on your computer monitors main screen IE: Desktop if using a computer to quickly find them for uploading.

If you have multiple images for uploading create a folder with a specific name on your Desktop to identify where they are and then upload them from this folder.

Hope this helps.

Mack (Bootle site admin)