Porter Family

Find Bootle friends and family here
dj

hi
can anyone help me find any info about Richard Porter born 1907,he married edith nolan they had 12 children?either richard and edith lived at 14,davies street,or edith was born there.Any help on the porters or nolans would be great
thanks
dj :lol:
Last edited by dj on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan

:D

Hi DJ,

Which way are you trying to go with these families? backwards or forwards?

Do you have Richard's birth certificate or their marriage certificate? Richard was born in the Jan-Mar Q 1907 Registered at West Derby Vol 8b page 391. If you have his birth certificate that will give his parents names and his mother's maiden name, also the address, father's occupation. Any idea what year Richard and Judith Married?

Jan
Jan

It's OK DJ,

I found the marriage Richard Porter and Edith C Nolan (sorry I said Judith before!). They married in 1927 at Liverpool Register Office/or Registrar attended. Jul-Sept Q Vol 8b page 1296. If you have the marriage cert, this will give Edith's age then we will know when she was born, then try and find her birth registration.

Jan
Barby

Hi all,

Am looking for anyone who might know or have known any members of the Porter family from Bootle.

My grandmother Annie Keatinge lived at 20 Boston St in 1910 when she married. Her mother remarried a William King Porter so Annie was according to the census Annie K Porter.
Annie had two other sisters that I know of, Charlotte and Ellen Porter

I do have a couple of photos that if I post someone may be able to identify them for me.

Jan, how are you? Are you able to help me out here again?

Thanks.
Barbara
Jan

:lol:

Hi Barby,

Nice to hear from you.

The only info I have on the Porter family is the info you already have re the 1901 census and the 1911 Directory.

Jan
ron waters

BARBARA When I lived in Park Street there was a family called Porter
in fact there is a girl who lives close to me who is one of the family , her name is Jean .
Ron
the top of audely street

ritchie porter , stevie porter ,mary porter lots of them .
the older ones i think from bedford road area.
the langton dock goods yard
Barby

Thanks to all who have posted re the Porter family.

If I can work out how to put up a photo will post what I have. Someone may recognise the people.

Have a good day all.

Barby
Jan

:lol:

Hi Everyone,

Barby sent the photo's to me and asked if I would put them on the site for her, so here they are.

We don't know the names of the other people in the photo's, and Charlotte and Bill are celebrating a wedding anniversary in the second photo, we don't know what wedding anniversary it is and we don't know Bill's surname to be able to find a marriage of Charlotte Porter and Bill?

We think the second photo was taken in the 1960's because there is a giveaway in the young mans's suit, also there is a photographer's name on the back of the photo Simpson's Longmoor Land and Bold St, I found the photographer listed in the 1960 telephone directory on line.

Any help appreciated.

Charlotte Porter was born in 1900 and lived at 20 Boston Street. Her father was William King Porter, the family were still there in 1911 according to the 1911 Liverpool Directory.

Jan
ron waters

Are'nt they nice photos , there is something about black and white ones which I like .
Ron
Barby

Jan,
Thank you so much for posting the photos for me, much appreciated.

Could I also publicly acknowledge the work Jan has done for me in helping me find my family from Bootle. She has great knowledge of the area and tirelessly searches information.
Thank you Jan for all you have done for me and I would imagine many others on this list. :D

Ron,
There definitely is something about black & white photos, much clearer and they don't deteriorate the same as colour.

Hope someone might recognise any of the people in the photos.

Have a good day all.
Barby
Barby

Ron,
I have just found my GGrandmother's 2nd husband William K Porter from Ireland in the 1881 Census.
They came over from Ireland somewhere between 1869 & 1873. From which part I do not know.
William K was born in Ireland.
The address on the census is 20 Park St. Bootle.
I guess the Jean Porter living near you is a distant relative of mine.
Would love to know if she has any info on the family.

Regards.
Barby
Jan

:lol: :lol:

Thank you Barby for the lovely comments, I try to help wherever I can, I have only just seen your reply to the post, I don't always get e-mails that someone has posted a reply to topics, so if I don't log-in and read the posts I don't know anything has been posted.

Glad the photo's turned out alright on here, lets hope someone recognises the people and we may be able to put names to faces and indeed pinpoint who Bill is who Charlotte married.

Jan
bboardman

I'm certain the family yoiu are looking for lived in salisbury rd--billy b
Barby

Bill,
Any chance you may still be in touch with this family??

Where in NZ are you??

Happy Easter all.

Barby
bboardman

Hi Barbie--I think their address was 12 Salisbury Rd,almost opposite the Salisbury pub where I used to play darts with Steve Porter.They were abig family.Sadly I've lost touch with them, but someone will know.Barbie I live in a small village called Naike in the Waikato and have been here for 10 years--I'ts great --cheers Billy B
Barby

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone else may recall this family.

Well, I thought I knew NZ pretty well, but that is one little town that I have never heard of.

I guess you are in the drought area and still experiencing very warm temperatures.

Have a good day.

Barby
Christchurch NZ
sheelagh youssef

Hi Barby, I remember a family of Porters living in Boswell Street Bootle 20. I know there was a son John who has learning difficulty,s and would be about 60 now and maybe another son and daughter early to mid 60,s. I,m sorry I cant be of any more help. Best wishes...Sheelagh
sheelagh youssef

Barby, that would be St.Joans parish...Sheelagh
bboardman

Barby--Sorry I couldn't be more helpful I wished I could ..We live about 40km inland from Huntly, towards the coast .Yes its extremely dry here right now but they are forecasting rain on Sunday--Regards Billy B
Barby

Sheelagh,
Thanks for the info. By any chance would you recognise any of the people in the Photos Jan very kindly posted for me.
Maybe they could be the people you mention??

Ron, yes, know where you are now. Hopefully will get rain here too sometime this weekend. Will be much appreciated over all the country I think.

Have a great weekend.

Barby
sheelagh youssef

Hi again Barby, I,m sorry but I don,t recognise any of the people in the photo. I,ve just spoken to my older sister and she says the brother who,s name I coudn,t remember is Albert and the sister is perhaps Mary or Marie. She thinks Albert could be late 60 ish. Good luck...Sheelagh
Barby

Sheelagh,

Thanks for the information, will keep the names in mind when I am doing more research and hopefully one day they will come up as part of the family.

Happy Easter All.

Barby
paul1965

i had neighbours called porter whilst living in middlesex rd..some are still there..there was old mrs porter (didnt know her 1st name as anyone elder was refered to as mr ors mrs whoever) she had a son alan who moved back there with her to look after her he was married to winnie and had 2 sons ian and graham
paul1965

i had neighbours called porter whilst living in middlesex rd..some are still there..there was old mrs porter (didnt know her 1st name as anyone elder was refered to as mr ors mrs whoever) she had a son alan who moved back there with her to look after her he was married to winnie and had 2 sons ian and graham
paul1965

paul1965

paul1965

paul1965

paul1965

paul1965

Barby

Paul,
Apologies, I didn't realise I had not acknowledged your email
Thanks for the info.
Any possibility you could quiz them at some time re their relations.
Looking for info on William King Porter, Charlotte & Ellen Porter.

Maybe if anyone else has contact with anyone by the name of Porter, would they mind asking about the above people for me. Bit hard for me from down under ((-:
Would really like to make contact with any living relatives if at all possible.

Many thanks.

Barby
paul1965

dont know what happened on my posts barby, but i dont really see them anymore but if i see the eldest lad ian i will quiz him
Anne Winter

Barby wrote:Paul,
Apologies, I didn't realise I had not acknowledged your email
Thanks for the info.
Any possibility you could quiz them at some time re their relations.
Looking for info on William King Porter, Charlotte & Ellen Porter.

Maybe if anyone else has contact with anyone by the name of Porter, would they mind asking about the above people for me. Bit hard for me from down under ((-:
Would really like to make contact with any living relatives if at all possible.

Many thanks.

Barby
hi Barby My sister in law[ i should say my husbands sister inlaw}
was' Joan Porter'she was from ;Ash Grove ; and some off her family still live thier i remeber there is a ;Pat and a Vera and a David and a Richy;
Ash Grove is all most Seaforth so i dont know if they belong to your tree but you never know . any thing is worth a try Anne
My name is Anne winter, I was born in Pine Grove Bootle, and went to St Monicas School,
the top of audely street

stevie porter was living in pleasant st bootle.died a few years ago married to nellie gentry.

mary ? porter was living on derby road bootle and was married to norman yardley and she used to live in the prefab on marsh lane opposite the coal yard.

i am sure a barby porter now lives in bootle village , i think her family was from bedford road end.

plenty of alec porters around bootle now.
the langton dock goods yard