Re the Class Photograph.
The names as far as I can remember are:
Back row L to Rt
J McGeehan ,M.Walker,M Roach,E.Mellor, N Swann,
P Gilmore(RIP),K.Mundye,D Walker.
Front row sitting L to Rt.
?? ? , R Hesketh,A McCulloch,Mr Clarkson Form Master,
? Sutherland,B Molloy(RIP), ???.
If any one can fill in the gaps or amend this list please do.
Eddie
Lived at Armstrong St, Sherborne Ave, Coventry Ave. Still in Netherton.
scotty

Hi all, I was at W.B. from56 till 60.Mr. Clarckson was my engish teacher, great guy who was an influence in my life.Darcy was the science teacher who was a buffoon,Miss Battersbee, had many a fantasy over her.Would like to hear from any old classmates
Bootlelass-expat

Hello Scotty,

I am sure you weren't the only one who had a fantasy over Miss Battersby,

Her nickname was Miss Battersbust for some reason !!!!!!!!!! She was the gym teacher.

I went to WB then COD left '61.

Doreen
kenswayken

Hi Scotty - remember Mr Clarkson playing the Cello in the library at lunchtime? Best teacher in the school. When he did English Lit, it came alive. can you remember some classmates names? :wink: Ken
enomac

Hello Willy Wilcox/ Les Wilcox,
do not know if you will remember me but I was mates with your Alan, from the Giro days days (circa 74), and spent many times round at your house on the Sefton estate (the days when your Alan had his motorbike).
I am responding to something Les said about being recalled back to Warwick Bolam school to referee a football match.
I was at Warwick Bolam from circa 68/73 and I remember playing in a 'Champion Schools tie' circa 72 against St Kevins School from Kirby. I believe Les was the official for this match. As I recall I think the tie took three games to decide and that Les actually allowed a winning goal for St Kevins to stand and after the game he felt he may have made the wrong decision!! (oh for Andy Gray & the slo-mo re-run) Would my memory be correct on this one?
I also recall Willy, who was a few years older than us, as being part of one of the more succesful school football teams of the time. But I believe that Mr Lloyd (our coach-English teacher) use to dispute this with Mr Mathews (PE) & Mr Westby (PE).
Give my regards to Alan and remember me to him, I look forward to your thoughts refereeing debate!!
Ian (Eno) Mckee
billyw

Hi

Just read your post and the memories flood back. I have just moved back to live in Melbourne after 30 over years in Asia and mainly Singapore. Mum still lives in the same house in Harrops Croft. Allan has 3 grown up children now.

Les lives in Cork in Ireland and still does a little local refereeing over there.

Mum is now 87 ans as strong as an ox but the mind is another thing and has onset of dementia.

Hope life is treating you well

Best Wishes

Bill Willcox
enomac

Hi Bill,
good to hear that you can recall some of the info I posted. Also good to hear your mam is still going strong.
I can't believe your Allen has 3 children, just can't imagine him as a responsible father. Having said that, who would have thought I would be a grandad, certainly when you think back to way we were in those early Giro days. I could never have imagined us as responsible anything!!
Give my regards to Allen and your mam and certainly would be interested if Les can recall refereeing that game against St Kevins

Ian Mc
Lynnsefton54

Hi..does anyone remember my brother DEREK SEFTON? he was born 1944..so went to warick bolam..55 to 59 ish!! he went briefly to netherton moss. His first job i remember was at c and a in liverpool. We lived in dale acre drive.
john1878

Lynnsefton54 wrote:Hi..does anyone remember my brother DEREK SEFTON? he was born 1944..so went to warick bolam..55 to 59 ish!! he went briefly to netherton moss. His first job i remember was at c and a in liverpool. We lived in dale acre drive.
Hi Lynn-don't remember your brother.
do you remember Joan Riley that lived in Dale Acre?
She now lives in Australia & her mum still lives in Dale Acre & is well into her 80,s
malswann

Hi, I note the photo includes a name N SWANN. I attended Warwick Bolam between 1961-1966. I can not remember the N Swann. I remember all the teachers mentioned, especially Mr Westby. I was a cross country runner, and thoroughly enjoyed my time in the school. Hope some people remember me. I remember Donald Sturgeon, he was my next door neighbour. Reagards Mally Swann
kenswayken

Does anyone remember Mr Clayton the Music Teacher ? He was well in to his 70's when I was there in early 60's :wink: Ken
malswann

Yes I remember The music teacher. He was as you say old then. He was good at what he taught. There was a metal work teacher , but I can not remember his name. Regards Mally
kenswayken

Hi Mal, Never did metalwork but the woodwork was by Mr Corrin, a sergeant major type. :wink: Ken
malswann

I can remember just a couple of names from my class. Joe Kelly, Bryn Vaughn, and someone with a surname Jones. Sad really, but they are the only names I can recall. Regards Mally Swann.
scotty

john1878 wrote:
Lynnsefton54 wrote:Hi..does anyone remember my brother DEREK SEFTON? he was born 1944..so went to warick bolam..55 to 59 ish!! he went briefly to netherton moss. His first job i remember was at c and a in liverpool. We lived in dale acre drive.
She now lives in Australia & her mum still lives in Dale Acre & is well into her 80,s
Hi I was wondering if Joan was a sister of Doug Riley, who was a good friend of mine
All gave some
Some gave all
john1878

scotty wrote:
john1878 wrote:
Hi I was wondering if Joan was a sister of Doug Riley, who was a good friend of mine
Scotty-john Doughty here!!
Joan Riley-Melloy

Hi lynn
I have just spoken to my mum, she still lives in Dale Acre and she remembers Derek. We lived in 25, she said you lived between the Foleys and the Johnsons in the cul-de-sac. I was born in 54, and went to Holy Ghost. My sister Maureen is 5 years older than me so she would remember Derek more than me.
Joan Riley-Melloy

Sorry Scotty I don't have a brother, only two sisters.
PETER CRAIG

Joan Riley-Melloy wrote:Sorry Scotty I don't have a brother, only two sisters.
Welcome to the Bootle forum Joan,
Peter.
Coaster

Went to the Bolam from 60-64. Remember it well Mr Clarkson not only taught English but ran the school Orchestra. I played side drum but was always stuffing it up. His favourite saying was "I'll flog you to death with a sweatty lettuce". Mr Darcy drove a Daimler was and was a miserable *******. I remember a mister Flood history teacher with a very deep voice but a great teacher and passionate about his subject.;The woodwork teacher liked to use a dowel rod as a cane and many times i went home with big ripples on my backside. Mr Griffiths was weird whenever you were called to his office he would pull out a Capstan Full strength put it between his and twist until he had 1/2 inch of pit on it before he lit it. I Played maracas one year in school concert and sang la cucaracha. Loved every minute of it
kenswayken

Hi Coaster, Mr Clarkson also said " you'll end up pushing a handcart from here to the Dingle" !! Our woodwork teacher was Corrin, a little sergeant major type, as you say, he liked to inflict pain. Remember Jack Westby the PE teacher? :wink: K
Bonesy

Hi Cus, love this thread have just reread all the posts fascinating stuff.

Keith
kenswayken

Me too Keith. I can recall most of my classmates names and often think of those times- funny that when I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday :lol:
Cheers/K
PETER CRAIG

Coaster wrote:Went to the Bolam from 60-64. Remember it well Mr Clarkson not only taught English but ran the school Orchestra. I played side drum but was always stuffing it up. His favourite saying was "I'll flog you to death with a sweatty lettuce". Mr Darcy drove a Daimler was and was a miserable *******. I remember a mister Flood history teacher with a very deep voice but a great teacher and passionate about his subject.;The woodwork teacher liked to use a dowel rod as a cane and many times i went home with big ripples on my backside. Mr Griffiths was weird whenever you were called to his office he would pull out a Capstan Full strength put it between his and twist until he had 1/2 inch of pit on it before he lit it. I Played maracas one year in school concert and sang la cucaracha. Loved every minute of it
Welcome to the Bootle forum Coaster,
Peter.
kenswayken

I recall these names from the register roll call - any on here?
Banks, Bjelland,Crossley,Donaldson,Edwards,Forsythe,Gerrard,Grice, Howarth,Harris(son) Jones,Lavery,Murray,Porter, Smith, Sellwood.
Sure there were many more. These were A stream finishing 64/65.
Cheers/K
Ps. Also, Griffith, Railton, Stopforth
Bonesy

Ken, the Porter on your list could be Peter Porter the years would be right he lived in Green Hey Drive.

Keith
kenswayken

It was Brian, Cus. He lived up Marian Sq way. There was a Philipp Smith who lived in Carr Meadow, Big tall lad. :wink: Ken
fatboyjoe90

Does anyone remember Derek Acorah going to the bolam,(61/65ish) he was a good footballer also he was on Liverpool’s books as a teenager.He never made it in football,but he went on to be an English medium. He is best known for his work on Most Haunted, broadcast on Living TV. He recently presented the series Derek Acorah on Sky Real Lives. :wink: :roll:

His name back then was Derek Johnson, do you remember now?:D
Cheers Joe.
kenswayken

Must be just before my time Joe as I don't recall him. K
jsands1

I knew him Joe not a bad lad then but now taking money
off vunerable people,phoney.He asked a mate of mine(you know him)
how his Dad was his reply was you should know he has been dead
for three years,this lad was also a good player was on Evertons books.
J Sands
Lynne Scott

Hi big brother Scotty, you forgot to mention our other two brothers who went to WB. Billy & Kenny Scott. Anyone remember them?
Netherton Moss School, Countess of Derby. Frederick Banting Close
fatboyjoe90

jsands1 wrote:I knew him Joe not a bad lad then but now taking money
off vunerable people,phoney.He asked a mate of mine(you know him)
how his Dad was his reply was you should know he has been dead
for three years,this lad was also a good player was on Evertons books.
Spot on Jimmy, I’ve been racking my brain and I can’t come up with a name for your mate. I’ll ask you one question though did he have a withered arm, if so then I know who you mean. However, I do like the answer that he should’ve known about his dad, I’d like to know what was his reaction to that.:wink:
Cheers Joe.
TerryMc

Just seen a photo of a class with joe mcgeehan on. I remember reading in the bootle times a few years ago a story saying he invented the mobile phone.
I remember thinking that cant be right so i googled his name and couldnt believe all the stuff that came up.Joe lived over the road from us in dooley drive. Another warwick bolam old boy done good.
Eddy Lloyd

I bet it was you lot who used to chase me when I went to Bootle Grammar School and went to my aunties for dinner in St Augustines way over the canal bridge by Warwick Bolam :twisted: I ended up stuffing my blazer and cap in my satchel :D
kenswayken

Not us polite WB boys Eddy, surely not :lol: K