Oriel Road

Find Bootle friends and family here
oriel55

Saturday girl wrote:Hi George, just discovered your post, who knows if you will read this. I worked for your mum and dad in the fruit shop as a Saturday girl. I remember you coming home on leave and your Alan too. You were all mad blues! I married one too. I have the best memories of your parents and Pedro the dog sitting in the van with your dad going to Edge Lane fruit market. I remember your dad and his pipe. Oriel Road was bustling with life then. I am a Wilson and have four brothers, we lived at 38. Your brother Paul, met his future wife at my brother's wedding in the Windham hotel. I remember all the families you mentioned. Your mum was a grafter and I laughed with her - not surprised she still worked at 86, my one regret is losing touch when I moved away from Bootle.
Susan, Great to read your words, a great surprise. I remember you and your brothers, as well as your Mum and Dad very well. Loved the people of Oriel Road area growing up in the 50s/60s. Keep the faith! .
Saturday girl

Hi George

Great to hear from you. I will send a private message.

Best Wishes to you and your family

Susan
filsgreen

Welcome to the forum, Susan. :D
Sonoma

I remember Johnny Morrissey ex Everton and Liverpool player having a shop on Oriel Rd across from the station

Also Billy Ratcliffe had the kiosk at the corner of Oriel and Millers Bridge/Balliol Rd

I used to run past Billy's shop on my way to get the bus to school on Stanley Rd, whenever Everton lost as he would give me a ration of crap

My uncle Mick Summers lived on King's Rd nearby

Also old workmate Brian Turner lived nearby on Trinity Rd
Brown2506

Hi, does anyone know who the landlord was of the Wyndham Pub in the early 1950s I’ve been told his surname was Brown but trying to find out his first name. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sheridj9

Hi there
I am looking for a Mr Brown I believe he ran the Wyndham pub in the early 50’s if any body know anything about him or his family I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
Joanne