Booth-Rushton Families

Find Bootle friends and family here
ALAMO2008

Fletcher Foster

Part Three -

Finally as Promised :-

The First Birth Certificate that I have seen, that shows Place of Birth as - "Workhouse Walton Liverpool"

Later Certificates show 107 Rice Lane Walton

Ellen Booth a Single Unmarried Domestic Servant gives Birth on 11 March 1897 a Baby Boy at the Workhouse

By Law and Unmarried she has to Register the Birth in Her Own Birth Name = Booth

Ellen decides to give the Baby Two Christian Names = George and Foster

It was Tradition to include usually the Mother's Maiden Name as a Second Christian Name so that the Surname is Not Lost in History because of Marriage

She must have had a Bad Birth hence George not born at Home but was rushed to a Hospital

She was still unwell on 27 March 1897 some 16 days later - so The Hospital Matron went to the Registrar in Brougham Terrace to Register the Birth on her behalf.
Fletcher was obviously not able to loose a day's pay and take Time Off Work from Wigan ?

The Birth Certificate says she was a Domestic Servant

He was Called
at School George F Foster
He was known locally as George Foster
He joined the Army as George Foster
He started working for the Railway as George Foster
He Married as George Foster
He Died as George Foster

He however in Law he was never George Foster but rather George Booth
Though Biologically Both Parents were His as I said All along despite what people "Said"
And Ellen brought George Up and Not Fletchers First Wife who Died 13 Months Prior to George's Birth
She DID Die in Childbirth but giving Birth to Horace who did Not die in Infancy

Been waiting 10 days for this Ordered and told 4 days Max for PDF version emailed in 4 days
It has been 10 days or 8 Working Days not 4
Dwayne0503

Thank you, Alan.

You are right. There is no doubting that Ellen Booth was the mother of George!

I wonder if Fletcher and Ellen were living together at the time.

Very clever using the the father’s last name as the middle name!

Cheers.
ALAMO2008

Their Marriage Certificate 8 weeks later after George's Birth says both at 240 Strand Rd Bootle
But that was an often lie to Quality to live in the Parish to Marry at a Given Church of Choice outside your real Home.

My Grandparents from Litherland did just that to Marry in St Mary's Kirkdale
Jan

Could this be George's death reg?

Name: George Booth Foster
Death Age: 74
Birth Date: 11 Mar 1897
Registration Date: Apr 1971
[May 1971]
[Jun 1971]
Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
Registration District: Ormskirk
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10f
Page: 383

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
ALAMO2008

Yes Jan
I had that last week
Been waiting for Birth Certificates since
Got 1921 Census Records for all
But only as far as 1897 writing up today
ALAMO2008

Ellen's just received

1875 - 35 Teulon Street - Kirkdale/Walton Not sure why at address ?

Whether she lived there or 10 Romeo Street Kirkdale

She may have been visiting and went into Labour

Her Father Thomas Registered the Birth Not the Mother Jane - She must have had a Bad Birth at Home Not Hospital

She had just 42 days to Register the Birth which took her over 30th June Quarter 1875 into September Quarter but couldn't go over 42 days but Thomas the Father (Very Unusual) Registered the Birth on 41st day = 3 July 1875 stating his address and possibly hers as 10 Romeo Street Kirkdale in the Shakespeare Streets and not at Teulon Street Walton

I grew up in the University Streets in Bedford Rd just above the Shakespeare Streets
I was born in Balliol Rd

Ellen was Born on 24 May 1875 per her Birth Certificate which surprised Me
because of the delay to Baptise her on 8th August 1875

But we got there eventually.not 1873 as "Said"
There are Several Ancestors on Ancestry have sent up a whole Fictitious TREE of Great Grandparents and loads of Siblings Ellen never had.
All in the Name of Saving Money and Researching without Certificates
So Disrespectful to those Ancestors
They weren't Educated and couldn't Read or Write
But they had an Excuse

https://www.teulonstreet.com/

I would agree with Jan that if Thomas deserted Ellen and Sisters in was after 8 years with Jane but did a Runner after his Death in 1883
But he was left with 3 young Kids and No one to do the Home Duties while he was at work.
Romeo Street wasn't a Great Place to live either
What else could he do ?
Don't judge him with 21st Century Eyes as a Rotter leaving the kids
You see it every week on Long Lost Family on ITV where a Child in left on a Step by a Parent could not cope and Loved their Child
The Most Logical Decision is to abandon them in the hope they will survive by having a better life being cared for by someone who can provide for them. - He achieved just that !

It's Called LOVE and SACRIFICE

Just Stop rewriting History !
Last edited by ALAMO2008 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwayne0503

Thanks, Alan. I like the way that you said that Thomas Booth perhaps left out of love. It makes sense. His wife had died and they were very poor.

Tell me about the ‘Shakespeare’ Streets? A poor area of Bootle? Most of the houses in the area have been knocked down now, I assume?
Dwayne0503

Dwayne0503

Hello, everyone

I’m not sure if you are interested in seeing pictures of the people you research, but I thought I would post some pictures for you:

1. The top picture is Ellen and an unruly goat!
2. The second picture is Ellen outside the sweet shop she worked in;
3. The third picture is a young family photo. Ellen and Fletcher with children. I assume the oldest boy is George. Unfortunately, this is a photo of a photo that I got from someone who took it when they were visiting England. I have tried to track down Eileen’s daughter who sent me a letter about 20 years ago. I can’t remember her name, but remember the letter came from Tunbridge Wells. I have posted to the Tunbridge Wells community Facebook group with no luck!
4. The last photo is Fletcher in his greenhouse. If you notice the ‘to let’ ad posted by Jan mentions a greenhouse!
BOBHAMO

Great photos
Romeo st and the other streets in the area i would not class
as the worst in liverpool ,bootle
derby road docks area was the worst
Romeo st 1899
most had good jobs
The really poor where taken to Walton work house rice lane
with no future and died no benifits then
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Dwayne0503

Thanks, Bob. Interesting. They did have decent jobs. Thomas Booth was a Bricklayer. In Australia, he would could command how much he was paid, at the moment!
Dwayne0503

Hi Alan

Because of the information that you have managed to find, I am going to dedicate my time to find the descendants of Horace’s daughters Marjorie and Irene. They, hopefully, unlock some more information. This is an unknown to me, before your research and information. Thank you. Their information may be limited, considering Horace’s early death. I am extremely intrigued.
ALAMO2008

BOBHAMO wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:24 am Great photos
Romeo st and the other streets in the area i would not class
as the worst in liverpool ,bootle
derby road docks area was the worst
Romeo st 1899
most had good jobs
The really poor where taken to Walton work house rice lane
with no future and died no benifits then
bobhamo
The Days when Everyone Had a Job -

to Pay the Rent and Provide Food for the Family

Even Blokes with a Bad Back - Still Worked as they Hadn't yet Invented

Invalidity Benefit or Housing Benefit

Even when WW1 came - Even when at Enlistment some were declared Unfit to be Killed - they felt deeply shamed and still wanted to go with their mates to fight and die with them.
ALAMO2008

Fletcher Foster - Final Part = Part Four

1921 Census

Dwayne0503

Thanks, Alan.
ALAMO2008

When this Post first started on Saturday 2/07/2022 by what appeared to Researchers was a cry for Help but it was admitted to the Forum that a previous Post for Help had been made previously under another Username
After Starting the Researchers Researching under the Incorrect Date of Birth for Ellen Booth in that Post
What was Not Disclosed to the Forum that they had Two Ancestry Accounts
The First Ancestry Account started by them - 12 years previous on 7 October 2010 and Accumulated 2,757 Ancestors with No Certificates posted and no Indexes Found but now found nearly everything Incorrect they said they already knew Up to Ancestry Subscription Ceased 2021

I've only Accumulated 4,301 in 15 years on my Tree at a Cost of over £2,000 for Certificates
I'm not Boasting I am merely Stating a Fact

Second Ancestry Ancestry Opened under another version of the same person for Foster on 11 October 2014 with 587 Ancestors with still no Certificates apparently yet Birth Ellen Date known as 24 May 1875 not 1873 yet without Birth Certificate or 1939 Register or Baptism Record
I am Puzzled when Relative Eileen said it was 1873

The Forum Researchers have shown in just 21 days the Correct Facts of the Ancestors and proved what 12 years failed to achieve

No Doubt Pride has been Injured by my Rant

I Hope Some of My Experience and Other Researchers here, has been taken on, to Help You in the Future with your Quest

Good Luck

Alan
Dwayne0503

Hi Alan

I do not understand your comments, nor do I appreciate them, to be honest. I do not appreciate being made out to be a liar.

Before I respond to your comments, I will repeat to you that I did not join this forum to receive family history information. In saying that, I very much appreciate the information that I have received. As I said, I am wanting to make contact with members of my Booth and Rushton families and that has always been my goal. You are the person who always talks about making assumptions, etc, yet your comments to me are full of assumptions.

1. I didn’t realise that I had to disclose that I had two Ancestry accounts. If disclosure of this is part of the forum rules, then I apologise;
2. I am allowed to make assumptions that the information provided to me in a letter my my Great-Great Aunt is accurate and I don’t believe I should be made out for being stupid for doing so;
3. I have paid for 27 certificates from the UK, military records, Ancestry membership and access to the 1921 Census. I do not appreciate being accused of not backing up with information with evidence. Even if I hadn’t paid for anything, I don’t deserve to be crucified. I am a keen family researcher and that is the long and short of it;
4. I have never posted to the forum before my latest post. Where do you get your information? What evidence do you have? If I had posted before, under a different username, I would admit to it. I can’t see the shame in it or the problem with it?
5. My pride has not been injured by your ‘rant’ and I do not appreciate your statement that it has. You have made assumption after assumption and this has come across as you being very rude and ignorant, to be honest.

Alan, I appreciate the time that you dedicated in your search. To be honest, I knew 80% of it already. Jan provided me with things I did not know. You are very good at what you do, but your comments towards me are false, unwarranted and unfair.

Thank you for everything, but I couldn’t let you comments go without a reply. Kindness is free.
Dwayne0503

Hi Alan

While this post is unnecessary, I remind you of what you posted when I did not reply in a timely manner to one of your posts. You have ignored my post regarding some questionable conduct by yourself. If it’s good for the goose, it’s good for the gander. You have, after all, slandered me on a public forum:

Notice Dwayne not responded about my Comment regarding George and his Birth

Nor commented whether 1st Son Horace was known about?