Allen family Reeves Avenue (1930's-1960's)

Find Bootle friends and family here
Rainfordlass1AA

I'm hoping to find any information regarding my Allen family.

My grandparents George & Phyllis Allen and their sons Derek and Roger travelled back to the UK c1930 after the British Army was removed from India (my grandfather was in the Eniskilling Dragoon Guards over there). They eventually settled at 12 Reeves Avenue mid 1930's (they were recorded there on the 1939 register). My father Derek and his brother Roger both joined the forces once old enough. Derek joind the Royal Marine Commandos and Roger joined the RAOC Airborne Division but died in 1944 due to a terrible swimming accident aged 18.

George was not only a special constable (Sergeant) but also I think Customs Officer, ARP and he and the boys were on Fire Watch for Reeves Avenue.

My mum, brothers and I often visited as children. I have recently found information that Roger was a member of St Matthews Church choir so I presume the family worshipped at the church.

I have also found information from Roger's obituary in the Liverpool paper of the time that he worked at a Cable company in the vicinity.

If anyone was at school with either Roger or Derek?

Any recollection of the family would be gratefully received.
Thank you in advance.
Nadine Allen :D