Looking for Evelyn Finegan nee Harvey

Find Bootle friends and family here

Looking for Evelyn Finegan nee Harvey

Postby Neeenah » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Been doing some long lost family research and trying to see if anyone knows of an Evelyn Harvey who wouldve lived at 1 Cowper Street bootle during WWII... or where she went afterward?

Much appreciated thanks!
Neeenah

Re: Looking for Evelyn Finegan nee Harvey

Postby Jan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi Neeenah,

Welcome to the site.

Could you give any more information please? When was Evelyn born, any other family members that you know of, her husbands name etc. to maybe try and help you.

Thanks

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

Postby Jan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi Neeenah,

I checked the 1939 register and the Olsen family were living at 1 Cowper Street.

Jan
Jan

Postby Neeenah » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi Jan
Thanks for doing that bit of research... I wish I had more to go on really... my mother in law was adopted in 1945 within the month she was born and all we know for sure is the mother is named Evelyn Harvey address listed on my mother in laws birth cert is 1 Cowper bootle... no father listed on the cert and no other information...

I was just hoping maybe someone on the site knew an Evelyn Harvey....

From my personal research there was an Evelyn Harvey who got married to a Peter J Finnegan in 1946 in bootle and later had 2 children, one named Jimmy the other also named Evelyn but I can not be completely sure this is the same Evelyn Harvey
Neeenah

Postby Jan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi Neeenah

This is a long shot, but you never know.

I looked through the BMD's and found an Evelyn Harvey born 1926 registered West Derby (which would have covered Bootle) mother's maiden name listed as Metcalfe.
I then found a marriage in 1925 West Derby Charles H Harvey - Margaret Metcalfe.
I found Charles and Margaret on the 1939 register living at 7 Bowles Street Bootle, there is another person on the record but the name etc is officially closed (I wonder if that was Evelyn)?

It may be worth getting a copy of the marriage certificate between Evelyn Harvey to Finegan. just to see who her father was, just to maybe rule out or confirm it may be the same Evelyn Harvey.

Jan
Jan

Postby Neeenah » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Jan wrote:Hi Neeenah

This is a long shot, but you never know.

I looked through the BMD's and found an Evelyn Harvey born 1926 registered West Derby (which would have covered Bootle) mother's maiden name listed as Metcalfe.
I then found a marriage in 1925 West Derby Charles H Harvey - Margaret Metcalfe.
I found Charles and Margaret on the 1939 register living at 7 Bowles Street Bootle, there is another person on the record but the name etc is officially closed (I wonder if that was Evelyn)?

It may be worth getting a copy of the marriage certificate between Evelyn Harvey to Finegan. just to see who her father was, just to maybe rule out or confirm it may be the same Evelyn Harvey.

Jan

You're a star I will pursue that thank you for your help and guidance.
Neeenah

Return to Looking for Long Lost Bootle Family + Friends ?