Looking for Evelyn Finegan nee Harvey

Find Bootle friends and family here
Neeenah

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Been doing some long lost family research and trying to see if anyone knows of an Evelyn Harvey who wouldve lived at 1 Cowper Street bootle during WWII... or where she went afterward?

Much appreciated thanks!
Jan

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi Neeenah,

Welcome to the site.

Could you give any more information please? When was Evelyn born, any other family members that you know of, her husbands name etc. to maybe try and help you.

Thanks

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Hi Neeenah,

I checked the 1939 register and the Olsen family were living at 1 Cowper Street.

Jan
Neeenah

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Jan
Thanks for doing that bit of research...
I was just hoping maybe someone on the site knew an Evelyn Harvey....

From my personal research there was an Evelyn Harvey who got married to a Peter J Finnegan in 1946 in bootle and later had 2 children, one named Jimmy the other also named Evelyn but I can not be completely sure this is the same Evelyn Harvey
Last edited by Neeenah on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi Neeenah

This is a long shot, but you never know.

I looked through the BMD's and found an Evelyn Harvey born 1926 registered West Derby (which would have covered Bootle) mother's maiden name listed as Metcalfe.
I then found a marriage in 1925 West Derby Charles H Harvey - Margaret Metcalfe.
I found Charles and Margaret on the 1939 register living at 7 Bowles Street Bootle, there is another person on the record but the name etc is officially closed (I wonder if that was Evelyn)?

It may be worth getting a copy of the marriage certificate between Evelyn Harvey to Finegan. just to see who her father was, just to maybe rule out or confirm it may be the same Evelyn Harvey.

Jan
Neeenah

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Jan wrote:Hi Neeenah

I looked through the BMD's and found an Evelyn Harvey born 1926 registered West Derby (which would have covered Bootle) mother's maiden name listed as Metcalfe.
I then found a marriage in 1925 West Derby Charles H Harvey - Margaret Metcalfe.
I found Charles and Margaret on the 1939 register living at 7 Bowles Street Bootle, there is another person on the record but the name etc is officially closed (I wonder if that was Evelyn)?

It may be worth getting a copy of the marriage certificate between Evelyn Harvey to Finegan. just to see who her father was, just to maybe rule out or confirm it may be the same Evelyn Harvey.

Jan

You're a star I will pursue that thank you for your help and guidance.
Bonesy

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 am

Neeenah, Queenie was definitely married to Peter Finnegan. They lived most of their married life in St Georges Grove, Ford, Bootle.
Hope this helps.
I have Jimmy Finnegans address and phone number in one of my mums old phone books.
I will try and root it out for you.

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:43 pm

I found my mums old address book. Sadly it doesn't have Jimmy's number, but it does have
Ev's last address, as I said she passed away a few years ago, her married surname was Stephen
25 Turnbridge Rd Maghull, L31. Evelyn had a daughter Gayle.
Queenie lived at 10 St Georges Grove Bootle L30 2 MY

Hope this helps.

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Neeenah

Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:51 pm

Thanks so much Keith
Neeenah

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 am

Jan wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Hi Neeenah

Jan
Hi Jan
I was wondering if I could pick your brain as you seem to know about genealogy. We've received DNA results and one of the matches is possibly a half second great nephew, a half grand nephew, or a second great nephew. I'm having a bit of trouble breaking down the relationship to me. Could you please shed some light on that?

Thank you so much