The Musker Family from Bootle.

Find Bootle friends and family here
bluephil54

Hi again Folks,
It is quite a while since I actually posted anything on here.......especially to do with my Mums' Family,the Musker family. I have been researching the Family History for nearly 10 years now,but basically hit the proverbial brick wall over a year ago now....possibly longer,with regard to my Grandfather,Arnold Edward Musker. My Grandad died in 1964,he collapsed outside Rogersons Butchers on Stanley Road (roughly where The Lidl Store is now on the corner of Stanley Road and Marsh Lane)....he died from a Heart attack. My Grandad had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. The brothers names were Harry Musker and Billy Musker,both have long since Passed Away. I have had contact in the past from people here on this site about Billy Musker and some of his Children,including the Twins,who a lot of you on here seem to know.....Jimmy & Johnny Musker. But the problem I am having is I have been unable to find out much at all about my Grandad (Arnold Edward Musker....known as Ernie)......I am unable to confirm what Schools He may have attended,Primary School or secondary.......I think He may have gone to St Marys. I have been to Crosby Library and looked through the available School Records which are held there,but He isn't listed.....but his younger brother Harry is ! I know where and when my Grandad was born,but then nothing about what schools he may have attended,and the only other info I have from one of my Aunts,is that he was in the Navy,think it was the Royal Navy,during WW1....I think ? Its all rather vague,I have traced my Musker family Line all the way back to the 1700's and have a fair amount of info about older relatives,but nothing much at all on my own Grandfather. Obviously I realise that there won't be anybody of that generation still alive to assist me,but I was hoping that any recent new members on here may be able to shed some glimmer of light my way ? I don't know what schools my Uncle Bill (Billy Musker) attended,I know there are still some of his family members still living around Bootle and someone informed me that one of his sons,Mick Muskerhad a son,maybe also named Mick,who now lives in Australia. My Grandad Arnold Edward Musker worked on the Docks up until he died,for the Ellerman Line I believe....but that's all I know ! So if anyone on here can assist in preventing my nose being pressed up against this brick wall,by supplying me with any new info about my Musker Family, I would be grateful. My Mum was Joan Musker,she was the eldest child born to Arnold Edward Musker. My Grandad was born in 1901.
Many Thanks for taking the time to read this post....as stated I have posted this Topic before but not for a while and was hoping that maybe some new members might know something ? Take Care & Be Good Folks.
Cheers for now
Phil O'Grady
Born St.Christophers Ave,Ford,then St Aidans Way Netherton/Netherton Moss Primary/Bootle Grammar School 1965
norma19

In your list.. are you wanting to speak to the twins.

John
bluephil54

Hi John.........I know of the twins,John & Jimmy.......I have also been informed that one of the Twins Passed Away a couple of years ago. Within the last few days "stevom" from this site has been in touch to inform me that another Musker family member,Marina is registered on this site. The Twins Dad,Billy Musker,was my Grandads' younger brother.......my Grandad being Arnold Edward Musker,known as "Ernie". I have been told that a Mick Musker,who I think was either Billy Muskers Son or maybe Grandson,emigrated to Australia and I think Marina may be his sister ???? I have sent her a message but as of today have not heard anything back and I don't even know if she lives in the Bootle area or if she lives miles away ?
Cheers.....Take care
Phil
Born St.Christophers Ave,Ford,then St Aidans Way Netherton/Netherton Moss Primary/Bootle Grammar School 1965
BOBHAMO

Phil this is 1968
John . jimmy , where classmates at st georges
had some good times with the twins :D :D :D
bobhamo

bootle born altcar road
lily8

Good work Bob :D

Phil I checked the National Archives for any Mercantile mariners named Musker in the MIC (medal index cards) born in Bootle with the following results

WW1 and WW2
Musker William James
POB Bootle
DOB 1884 please note this may be a year or two out (getting off to sea early)
Discharge # 956016

WW1
Musker Arthur
POB Bootle
DOB 1885

A check of Royal Navy records for WW1 lists no Musker.

Arnolds brother Harry also served in the Mercantile Marine post ww1 and pre ww2
you probably have this info however will post that in 1911 the family was living in Elm Street Bootle not sure what schools were local in those days.

Cheers
Lily
angied013

Hi

I have Muskers in my family tree, but I am unable to find much information on them.

I have a John James Musker born abt 1873, he was married to Mary Elizabeth Harris who was my G Grand Aunt 1873-1959, they were married in 1892.

Don't know if this is the same family.

Angie
she

Hi,
I am married to John Musker who is brother to Michael, Marina, Robert, Susan, their dad is Bobby Musker (passed away) He is the son of Billy Musker your grandads brother,
Contact us if you want to ask any questions, though we don't know anything about your grandad as in what schools he went to etc
Mack
Site Admin

Welcome back she :D

Our genies are bril helping. Great to see you posting again.

Mack :)
HvonBlumenthal

I'm interested to know how the tycoon John Musker, born in Bootle in 1846, who founded Home & Colonial and financed Selfridges, is related to other Muskers from Bootle. I see that two John Muskers were born in Bootle in 1846, both Christened at St. Mary's Walton. One, born 9th January 1846, was the son of John and Ellen; the other, born three months later, the son of Edward and Mary.

Musker bought a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost in about 1912, and its ownership was ascribed to "John J Musker", so "J" may have been his middle initial.

As his son and grandson were christened John, I am betting that this name ran in the family and therefore he is the son of John and Ellen. But can anyone confirm this?