Auxiliary Fire Service Bootle blitz ww2

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bob. b

Friend of mine looking for information.Bobby

Lesley Selby Culshaw
Hi does anyone know how/where I can find more on My Grandad Bert Selby,He was in the Auxiliary Fire Service bootle blitz ww2 and also assed building damage. There was a piece in the echo of a couple of his accounts while in the AFS. Thanks Photos information.
I was in charge of and AFS Pump unit sent to berry street bootle After height of the blitz And found a number of houses badly damaged. on investigating inside a particularly Demolished house I found an old man sitting by the fire place with debris debris and Soot all around Him he was in the dazeds state when asked why he was still sitting by the fire he said he was told to mind the Pan of stew for his sons tea. The pound was still on the fire but now covered entirely with soot.
My crew rescued some horses from a blitz stable in church street brutal and after turning the horses loose in Derby road we were informed by the police that they were dangerous to traffic galloping up and down the road. So the horses was sent to a local cricket field to graze. Imagine my surprise when a Superior officer later called me in and told me that the cricket club official's had complained that the horses where ruining their pitch. This in the height of the Blitz!. H O Selby Divisional officer Bootle Auxiliary Fire Service.
Photos information.
I was in charge of and AFS Pump unit sent to burry street bootle After height of the blitz And found a number of houses badly damaged. on investigating inside a particularly Demolished house I found an old man sitting by the fire place with debris debris and Soot all around Him he was in the dazeds state when asked why he was still sitting by the fire he said he was told to mind the Pan of stew for his sons tea. The pound was still on the fire but now covered entirely with soot.
My crew rescued some horses from a blitz stable in church street brutal and after turning the horses loose in Derby road we were informed by the police that they were dangerous to traffic galloping up and down the road. So the horses was sent to a local cricket field to graze. Imagine my surprise when a Superior officer later called me in and told me that the cricket club official's had complained that the horses where ruining their pitch. This in the height of the Blitz!. H O Selby Divisional officer Bootle Auxiliary Fire Service.
Photos information.
I was in charge of and AFS Pump unit sent to burry street bootle After height of the blitz And found a number of houses badly damaged. on investigating inside a particularly Demolished house I found an old man sitting by the fire place with debris debris and Soot all around Him he was in the dazeds state when asked why he was still sitting by the fire he said he was told to mind the Pan of stew for his sons tea. The pound was still on the fire but now covered entirely with soot.
Photos information.
bob. b

Little bit more to add to this post.

Photos information.