Prince Phillip R.I.P

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bernie R

Love him or not, a shame he didn't make the ton.

R.I.P

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11437314
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Jan

:cry: :cry:

RIP

Very sad news.

God bless him.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Patricia

What strength of character to walk in and out of that hospital as he did. He was a great Prince and companion for her majesty Queen Elizabeth.
R.I.P. Philip Duke of Edinburgh.
Bonesy

I liked him.
Some nasty, horrible comments on social media.

The Duke of Edinburgh awards were an amazing concept and open to all.
A great man.

RIP Prince Philip

Keith
miv donelan

I really admired the Duke and agree with the positive comments posted on the forum today. I think the Queen will be lost without him, a lifelong friend and confidante, I feel very sad for her. It is a shame he didn't make it to his birthday, but he looked so vunerable leaving hospital.
RIP Prince Philip.
Mack
Site Admin

It certainly disrupted regular broadcasts of news and programming across all the television and radio stations on this day here in the UK.

Mack
BossHogg

My lasting memory of the Prince is almost committing career suicide in the Falklands in 1991, as a young Military Police corporal I was sworn in as a Reserve Falkland Islands police constable. I was out in the camp conducting a speed trap when a vehicle drove past above the limit, it was only 40mph on the whole island, so it was very easy to do. I put the radar gun down and followed the car. I was just about to light the car up when I realised it was the station commanders car and Prince Philip was driving, I did a hasty U-turn and headed in the opposite direction. 😁
bob. b

RIP Prince Phillip. You stud by the Queen for 73 years with good faith.
Sometimes you put your foot in it.
You have done a lot for the young people with regards to the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.

Bob
Glenys

The Queen has lost her anchor in life. Prince Philip did so much for our country, more than we had realised, until now.

Loved his humour and his twinkling eyes.

A time for reflection.
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Sheelagh Tequila

I liked him, bit of a Holy terror with a twinkle in his eye, lots of modern ideas, but most of all a strong husband for the Queen. A proper man.

RIP

Sheelagh.
Eddy Lloyd

R.I.P Prince Philip
Silver-Haired-Hippy

I read a list of all his "tongue in cheek" remarks in the paper, made me laugh! I don't think many took offence with what he said. Agree with Sheelagh's comments, R.I.P. Prince Phillip.

Loretta
Last edited by Silver-Haired-Hippy on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bit of Bootle in Wales
philrob

Rest in Peace Prince Philip.

Thank you for your service.
Philrob

Western Australia
bjones

Like him or not (and I did) nobody can deny that he earned our respect. The embodiment of duty. As Sheelagh said; "a proper man".
Thank you Prince Philip; now rest easy.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.