Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bjones

That would annoy me too Keith, especially as the Hardware shop isn't available on the Works now!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
IRENE H

Another one done, just received another 2 today 🤣🤣🤣 keeping us busy
Your never fully dressed without a smile
Bonesy

Like that Irene. Received my two from The Works
In a box five times bigger than the jigsaw box :lol:

Keith
IRENE H

Yeah you’re right Keith mine was the same from the works. But it was packed with a type of bubble rap which comes in handy, When this pandemic is over we will have done every puzzle going 🤣🤣🤣🤣
IRENE H

Image. Another one to the collection 🤣🤣 Time for a rest now. As I’ve said very addictive
Bonesy

Another one bites the dust.

Keith
IRENE H

That’s a good one Keith was it hard, We’re on the at the races but I think it is harder than the other ones Keep up the good work 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bonesy

Irene, the floor was a nightmare. 😁
Done it over three days.
At the races next.... And there off 😂

Keith
IRENE H

Can’t find the jockeys with the right horses that’s because we haven’t been there for ages 🤣🤣🤣
Bonesy

Giddy up girlie. 😁😁😁

Keith
IRENE H

Nice one Keith :D :D :D
bjones

Keith :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been trying to find Irene and Peter in the crowd and now you tell me they're not there! No wonder it's taking me so long!
Irene, bottom half is ok but the top half is boring so it'll be some time before I get it finished :cry:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
IRENE H

Oh Bee we are there but you didn’t look properly. That’s me in the big hat and I managed to get Peter in the top hat next, For goodness sake’s put your Glasses on 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Peter has done most of the top but we’re now halfway through now. It’s fun though. You’re great. Wish we could be there though. Are you feeling any better. Looking like there might be some hope soon. Take care and stay safe xxxx.
Bernie R

My labour of love is complete.

Not the easiest 1000 piecer I've done but definitely the most rewarding.

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
IRENE H

That’s Great Bern, Now for the next one. 🤣🤣. I think its just relaxing as well but sometimes a little frustrating hope you’re all keeping safe and well xxx
bjones

Labour of love indeed Bern; gorgeous.
Irene sorry I didn't recognise you with the hair extensions, looking good girl!
I'm on the mend thanks, still breathing like Darth Vader and doc says it'll take 3 to 6 months to get over it but ok to go ahead with vaccination now.
Bee

IRENE H

just finished this one. Wow thought it was a great day never cost us a penny it was a bit hard though but looks good
Bonesy

Well done Irene. Looks great.
Did you find the pieces a bit awkward to put in place ?
I dismantled the "Hardware Shop " yesterday, good grief it was like a mat all stuck together, took aged to separate the pieces.

Keith
IRENE H

Keith you’re right there very tough as Well.
Image Peter picked it up when finished 🤣🤣
Bonesy

Hehehe, brilliant. Peter looks well.
Get it framed...

Keith
IRENE H

We thought they were hard to get out if you had one in the wrong place , Peter laughed at your comment 🤣🤣🤣
Silver-Haired-Hippy

You are really hooked now Irene and Peter!! :D No stopping you now! It looks brilliant, I find the same thing separating them sometimes too. :D Only got a couple or so left now so Ebay next as my jigsaw shop can't open as lockdown extended for another three weeks so will run out well before then!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Always thought it a measure of quality of a puzzle if you can pick it up from one end without it falling apart. 👍🏻
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
IRENE H

Hi Bernie, Yes maybe you are right, but I would rather have them easy to put together as I thought they were stiff if you were to put one in the wrong place , hopefully you’re all keeping safe take care xx
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bernie, just realized that your jigsaw is a photobox of your family! It's gorgeous! Well done! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Just started off on the next challenge.

Fine detail in the border is so hard that I'm resorting to sorting out the inside before the edges.

Bonesy

Been doing this one for a few days, bit of a nightmare tbh.

Keith
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Funny how some look bit easier than others then you find they are not! I have just done a wasgij one that was nothing like the picture on the lid, enjoyed it, now doing the second one in the box which is the picture on the lid, can't believe how long it is taking me! :shock: Having to work from the centre outwards! Must say Keith yours looks very interesting to do, good luck! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Best of luck with that one of yours Bernie! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
IRENE H

You’re all doing great, yes some are mind boggling we’re just having a rest but we will probably start one next week. Bernie how is your,s getting along. We will have to call our self s The jiggy Gang 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bernie R

Haven't touched it since last Sunday Irene.
That's what I usually do - spend a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon.
Did manage to get the edges sorted and boxed off the brown banner wording at the top, and the white certificate bit near the bottom.

Bern
bjones

I know what Loretta means about the ones that look easy until you do them. That racecourse one wasn't as easy as it looked once you started on the grandstands with loads of tiny people :shock:
Btw I've discovered a very useful dual purpose for jigsaw puzzles... when you're on the phone waiting in a long queue to get through, doing a jigsaw while you wait is a good distraction.
Bee

filsgreen

You're so right, Bee, I was waiting for HMRC to answer for 55 minutes on Friday afternoon before I got through.
bjones

Phil, I'd have sworn at the phone and lashed it by 55 mins. I had a 25 minute and two 10 minute queues when I had the racecourse jigsaw on the go. Got lots of the boring bits done and didn't get as wound up as I usually do while listening to the mind numbing musak,
Bee

Bonesy

Just finished this stinker :D :shock:

Keith