Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
IRENE H

Oh Keith that does look very hard. Peter said when did you start it Christmas 🤣🤣🤣 bet you were glad to finally finish it, We have just started one my sister Brenda M. Sent us. It’s New York. We have just put the edges in but it’s going to be a long treck will post it when we get it finished if we ever do 🤣. Love to you and Lian. Keep jiging xx
Your never fully dressed without a smile
Bonesy

He he he Irene, couldn't resist this.

https://youtu.be/3JcmQONgXJM

Keith
Bernie R

Keith :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done with that latest one!

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
IRENE H

:D :D oh Keith, Peter and I do that jiggly every time we get a one done. Ha ha you made us laugh Some good movement s. There xxx
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Keith! :lol: bet you are chuffed that one is done! I think it would give me the munchies doing it! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
IRENE H

This is the one we’re doing at the moment It’s Time square New York. This is a very hard puzzle so think it’s going to take a while
Silver-Haired-Hippy

That will keep you going until Christmas!! :D Rather you than me although I do like a challenge! :shock: :wink:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bill fawcett

Started this jigsaw 2 days ago. Since completing the outside I have spent 5 hours on it and put 12 pieces in.
There are about 300 pieces with nothing but shades of brown on them. Me thinks this is going to take a long time. :|

filsgreen

Just finished this one.

IRENE H

Bill. that really look very difficult , 1500 wow hopefully you get through it, i thought our,s was diffucult which it is, but i dont envy your,s will keep you busy for a while longer , good luck Bill :D :D
IRENE H

Phil. thats great , really lovely picture puzzle, Do you just do a few a day or when you feel like, The one we are on has some very tiny pieces which gets me mad :D :D :D so i tend to let Peter my husband carry on for a while till i compose myself :roll: :roll: all part of the fun , take care x
bjones

IRENE H wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:21 am The one we are on has some very tiny pieces which gets me mad :D :D :D s
Irene... that's the reason I take so long to do them... I get so ratty with the sky or trees that I have to walk away :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
filsgreen

Thanks Irene, I go up when I feel like it. It's in my loft room, so not in the way.

Bonesy

We are just starting this one.
Bought for us by the family in Cornwall.
It's a panoramic shot of Santorini, Greece.
It's that long (40") that we have had to do it diagonally on our table gand it just fits.
This going to be a toughie.🙄🤔😁😁

Keith
Last edited by Bonesy on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernie R

That's a whopper Keith.

I got two different Santorini puzzles for Christmas - thankfully they're more conventional in size.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
IRENE H

Well This is definitely the hardest one yet, Pleased it’s finished. But guess what one peice is missing, top left. But that’s ok 🤣🤣🤣🤣
IRENE H

Image. Peter has made the missing piece , 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Nice to see everybody is still doing jigsaws and still enjoying it! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

That's that one boxed off. Straight edges were a proper pain. Not bad for four Sunday afternoon sessions .

IRENE H

:D :D Great job done Bernie, Looks a hard one as well. , think everyone has done really well , We’re going to have a rest for a while now.
Bernie R

Started the next challenge over the weekend - by order of the Peaky ******* Blinders! :wink: :lol:

Bonesy

Lots of dark pieces there Bern 😯

Keith
Bernie R

Yep, there sure are mate.

Took that pic on Saturday after doing the edges, then spent al of yesterday afternoon doing the sky and rooflines - challenging but enjoyable.

The road surface is going to be a killer methinks - may take that on next and then enjoy the people.

Bern
Bonesy

Getting nowhere fast with this Santorini one.

Not really enjoying it tbh. Spent 40 minutes on it yesterday and only managed to get eight pieces in place.

Keith
Bernie R

Quite worried at your plight Keith. As mentioned above, I have two similar views to tackle.
Bonesy

We love Santorini, been three times and even had a family wedding there, our son Andrew.
Lian and I did the cliff top walk from the capital Fira to the famous sunset town of Oia. It was well worth the two hour trek.
This latest jigsaw has made me never
(at the moment) to want to see Santorini ever again.
It was a real toil and not that enjoyable.
But we stuck at it and finished it today.
Quite an achievement tbh. 😁😁😁

Keith
Bernie R

Well done mate. Even though it was tortuous it must be soooooo satisfying to finish it.

Bern
Bill fawcett

Yahoo!! I finished a marathon last night. I have been working on this puzzle since the 12th March. I have spent at least 2/3 hours every day since ( I am not a Telly watcher). This was by far the hardest one I have ever done and I was tempted to pack it in a few times, but I would have hated to have been beaten by it. There were three pieces missing.
Well done Keith, I know the feeling of relief you will have got when you finished it.
Bill
Bonesy

Thanks Bill. Yes it was a relief.
Well done you Bill,but what a shame about the missing pieces.
Have enlarged it for you.
Imagewhos open near me

Keith
IRENE H

well done every one some were very hard I can see, We are giving them a rest for a while. But hopefully do another in a couple of weeks. Great topic though ..
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Some brilliant and very hard jigsaws done on here lately! Glad to see this thread is still running! Come on Irene! (no pun intended!) get going again! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
IRENE H

:D :D Will soon get going again Loretta, Been studying the horse’s. Instead 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
filsgreen

I've no patience for jigsaws like yours, Bill, Keith, I just stick to JVH. Here's my latest, I've got 32 of them now. :D The good news is, they're finally coming down in price.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

I am the same as you Phil, prefer the type you do and wasgij although I wish I did have the patience to do Bill and Keith's jigsaws as they are brilliant!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Bit quicker than usual for me, as I only usually do them on Sunday afternoons, but used some of the Easter downtime to make progress.

The road and all the dark bits made it a bit of a stinker but very rewarding to finish it.