Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
filsgreen

Good to know lian is on the mend, pass on my best wishes please for a speedy recovery.
Bonesy

Many thanks Loretta, Ricky and Phil.

Keith x
IRENE H

Arh Keith so sorry to hear that Lian has had to go through all this , Hopefully she is doing good, Very stressful for you all please tell her we are thinking of her and wish her a happy birthday, and don’t you spend all her pension 🤣🤣🤣 love to you both xxxx
Your never fully dressed without a smile
IRENE H

Another one Done 🤣🤣🤣
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Great one Irene! Looks like you have joined the club! :D I never in a million years thought I would become a jigsaw addict! My mum loved doing them and I couldn't see the point, it looked so boring! Sorry mum! Ever tried the back to front ones? Wasjig - love them! Keep it up! :) :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
IRENE H

Ha ha thanks Loretta, you’re kidding me takes us all our time to do these 🤣🤣 but I must admit it does pass the time away and we leave it for a while and return to it later. Our next one will start next week hopefully, Take care and stay safe regards to Ricky xxxx
Bernie R

Nice one Irene - keep 'em coming :)

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bernie, just finished the Disney jigsaw same as yours, no pieces missing! But I found it a bit frustrating to say the least because of the rather unclear colours, at least three or four times I was near to jacking it in but I am no quitter, I am like a dog with a bone! :D Took me two weeks/ two hours every night, BUT I DID IT!!! (obviously!) Sticking to Wasgij in future but glad I did it! :lol: :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Well done Loretta. It was a bit of a challenge - especially all the smaller characters in the audience.

Mine generally take several weeks but I do usually only give them a couple of hours on a Saturday or a Sunday afternoon.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Morning all. Started the Trevor Mitchell,
Skipton Market jigsaw yesterday. Enjoying it so far.

powerful baby names

Keith
IRENE H

:D :D looking good Keith. We find it’s funny you leave it for a break and when you come back to it you find loads. As I’ve said becomes addictive 🤣🤣🤣
Bernie R

Good stuff Keith.

Inspires fond memories of a 'chara' trip with the L30 Centre to Skipton Christmas market in Dec 2019 - alas, not to be repeated in 2020 :(

Bern
Bonesy

It's funny Irene, last night Lian took a call from one of the kids so I said I'm going to do ten minutes on the jigsaw. Poured a glass of cold white wine, an hour later I hadn't lifted my head or touched the wine which was now warm 😁😁

Bern you are welcome to it when I've done if you want. I could drop it to you 😉

Keith
Gardner 180

Bonesy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am Morning all. Started the Trevor Mitchell,
Skipton Market jigsaw yesterday. Enjoying it so far.

powerful baby names

Keith
Hi, A great Jigsaw picture of Skipton Market, My wife and I have a day out at Skipton each year, usually mid September, but not 2020 because of Covid.
On the way back, we call in at Boundary Mill near the end of the M65 at Colne. It is there that we always buy a calendar for " Next Year ", and for the last
few years, I have picked one by transport artist Trevor Mitchell from Bradford. I tried to find a Trevor Mitchell calendar for 2021 but to no avail. My calendar
for 2021 is " Liverpool Memories " with photographs from the Stewart Bale collection. Cheers, Ray.
Bonesy

Thanks Ray.
We do something very similar. We do Skipton then Haworth which is one of our favourite UK places and Boundary Mill on the way home.

Keith
Bonesy

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Looks great Keith! One day I must do some like that, more interesting than sky and trees, they drive me mad all that green and blue! :D

Loretta

The places you and others have been sound interesting too.
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Thanks for the offer Keith, but, once I finish the current one of our grandkids, I've got no fewer than seven 1000 piecers in my 'in tray' :lol:

Bern
Bonesy

No prob Bern, a friend has asked for it.

Keith
IRENE H

Another one finished. Think we’re getting good at these 🤣🤣🤣
Silver-Haired-Hippy

You are hooked!!! That's it Irene, the housework goes out of the window now!! :lol: Great jigsaw, its decided me to have a go at that kind, (when the shops open :roll: ) they are looking more interesting now.

Loretta x
A bit of Bootle in Wales
IRENE H

Hi loretta i picked them up from Aldi you can get them on line, my daughter sent for her,s from the works on line. they have a shop on the strand but on lockdown at the moment Yes forget the house work HAHA :D :D :D :D :D
Bernie R

Interesting article about jigsaws including a short video of someone completing a massive 42000 piece puzzle - and yes I really do mean 42000.

https://mymodernmet.com/history-of-jigsaw-puzzles/
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Erm, I think I would need a bigger table for that one, :shock: amazing Bernie! Sticking with the 1000's for now! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

A 1498 piece JVH, I've just finished. I got it off ebay for £6, they're going for silly money on Amazon. I'm not bothered about a couple of pieces missing. :D

Bonesy

This may be of interest. I googled "jigsaw puzzles" and The Work's shop came up.
They have loads pretty decent ones for £5.00 with £2.99 delivery.
I've ordered The Hardware Shop and At The Races,
(I think Irene would like that one) :D
https://www.theworks.co.uk

Keith
IRENE H

Thanks for that Keith. We sure will order that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bonesy

Irene 👍👍👍💙
IRENE H

Keith just sent for them :D :D they have a really good selection i bought my jigsaw mat from them its really good easy to store,, Happy Jigsawing :D :D :D :D :D
Bonesy

Nice one Irene 👍
A friend gave me this jigsaw a couple of years ago. Wasn't really interested at the time and didn't even read the instructions or look in the box until yesterday when I started it.
It's 4D, made in layers hence why it is
2 inches high :shock:
They can only be bought in America and with postage cost £50.00.

Keith
IRENE H

That’ really looks good Keith, How come the postage is so expensive. Best get some one to send one if you ever need another 🤣🤣think we will all need another pair of glasses when we eventually finish lock down HaHa.
bjones

Thanks Irene for the info about The Works. The pics you and Keith have shown look more like the couple I've done and which I like. Lots of people and not too much sky and trees... also I find 500 pieces big enough for me and my low boredom threshold :oops:

Going back to the subject of missing pieces...one of Harry's Christmas present Jigsaws had a piece missing, he was so annoyed that he wrote to the makers and today received a £14 voucher for a replacement plus a code for free shipping. Shame he likes the big ones of trains and airplanes and boring old building that I hate :cry:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
IRENE H

Hi Bee that’s really good news for Harry not a lot would do that, yes I like the 500 pieces. But our first was 1000. Just ordered one of each. Peter doesn’t mind but he has more patience 🤣🤣. Still it keeps us sain. Hopefully you’re all keeping safe and well Bee. xxx
bjones

Hi I, we're ok. I now feel like I'm getting over a bad chest infection I've been fighting for almost 3 weeks and H had his first jab yesterday so feeling hopeful for the future. I think he only mailed the jigsaw makers as he was bored and it was something to do :lol:
I've just ordered 3 including the racecourse one. I really wanted Keith's hardware store one (with no sky or trees) but it's no longer available.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bonesy

Just seen the two I've ordered, Race's and Hardware on ebay. The two, brand new including postage £6.50 grrrrr

Keith