Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Silver-Haired-Hippy

As much as I think it's a fantastic looking jigsaw, no chance of me doing it, I get bogged down with picture postcard ones, too hard! :roll: :D

I have done that Willy one, nearly went crossed eyed but enjoyed it! :D

Got as far as getting a jigsaw out to do, just need to get around to doing it, darker, cooler nights coming in so anytime now! good to see this thread back on again!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Loretta

I'm now in total agreement with you re that kind of puzzle. I put it all back in the box yesterday as it was a chore rather than a pastime. Same thing happened earlier in the year when I sacked a cute country cottage puzzle as it was boring me. I don't doubt I'd have managed to finish both but couldn't be bothered as they were just no fun to do. Definitely will be more selective in future.

I've already had my Gibsons Christmas 2022 puzzle delivered and also another festive one with a fab scene of York at Christmas that I couldn't resist. Will get going on those towards end of November.

I'll have to see what's next before them though.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Those jigsaws will get you in the mood for Christmas Bern!! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Bit early for the Christmas puzzles so here's yesterday's effort. An enjoyable 500 piecer done in a day.
As it's double sided, the next job is to break it up and do the puzzle on the back.

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Well done Bern! love cornflakes but only with lots of sugar, so I stay off them! :D Look forward to seeing your Christmas ones, I have started doing them again, finding it a bit hard after laying off for such a long time :roll: will carry on though!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Rattled through the other side of that Corn Flakes puzzle last Saturday...

...now back on the 1000 piece puzzles to get warmed up for the Christmas challenges...
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Like the other side of the cornflake one! like the look of the next one you are doing too! :D ps, happy anniversary to you and Barb! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Thanks Loretta 👍🏻
filsgreen

I put the jigsaws on hold while I was building my shed. I've got four in the loft so I'll probably start again. I've got a double Christmas one ready, Bernie. :D

Silver-Haired-Hippy

They will keep you busy Phil! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

They look good fun Phil
Bernie R

Friday evening and Sunday afternoon - Boom, done... :lol:

filsgreen

You don't half rattle through them, Bernie. :D
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Wow! :? :shock: that was quick! obviously not a lot on telly! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Facebook memories suggest it's time for this year's Gibsons Christmas puzzle, but this year I couldn't resist this one as a warm up too.

My only concession to Christmas In November. 🧩

bjones

Shock horror...it's the end of civilisation as we know it :shock: Bernie using the C word and it's only November :shock:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Quite common as regards jigsaws mate :lol:
Bernie R

That's the warm-up Christmas puzzle sorted - Gibsons limited edition still to come.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Very good Bern, lovely scene, I am just finishing off a football one then starting one that Phil does, Still got a couple of Christmas ones to do but it does'nt matter what time of the year when I will do them! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

My girls have done their traditional sorting and placing of the edges; so time for me to get my ar$e in gear on the main Christmas puzzle.

Bonesy

Get cracking mate.

Keith
Bernie R

Made a start late on last night mate and have concerns I've left it a little late, but, we'll see :wink:
Silver-Haired-Hippy

At the speed you do them Bern, you will have it done in time! Good luck! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This year's Gibsons puzzle sorted.

Downhill to the big day now. 🧩🎅

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Knew you would get it done in time Bern! Very Christmassy! I am rushing to finish one off so we have a table to sit at for our Christmas dinner!! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Good luck Loretta - the pressure is on :wink:
Bernie R

Well Loretta - do tell; did you get it finished?

Got my edges sorted for the latest challenge yesterday.
I've had this on the shelf since spotting it in ASDA last October (2021) so thought I'd best give it a go.
May be difficult with all that black space but we'll see...

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Finished just in time Bern! :D As for the one you are starting, :shock: it would drive me mad! Good luck with it! :)

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Nice gentle 500 piece antidote to the painful moon landing puzzle that was abandoned.

That one was always going to be difficult, but the quality and cut of the pieces rendered it impossible.

Onwards and upwards! 🧩👍🏻

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Don't blame you ditching the space one Bern, your next one looks far nicer!! As for me, I have just finished a Wasgij christmas one mainly with elves dressed in green and red, :roll: got three other Christmas ones in the drawer but had enough of them so hidden away until next Christmas! Got to go to my shop soon to buy more!! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Thanks to Father Christmas, my 'in tray' now has two 500 piece puzzles and six 1000 piecers.

That should keep me going for a while. :lol:

Bern
Maureeng

My daughter bought me a jigsaw for Christmas, so far I have opened the box, will let you know if I do any more, lol. :lol:
Silver-Haired-Hippy

My first jigsaw was a gift off my daughter-in-law for Christmas, I was'nt impressed! Nine months later I very reluctantly decided to do it, it was a Liverpool one, several pictures in one jigsaw, I was hooked!!! Loved it! These days I usually only do the back to front ones, Wasgij, can't do enough of them but hard to find ones I hav'nt done over the years now so I do the kind Phil does and the odd one Bern does, so stick at it Maureen even if the one you have does not appeal, get another one that may!! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Maureeng

It is a lovely one Loretta, tulips and windmills very pretty, I will do it but have to be in the mood, havn't heard of back to front jigsaw's, lol. :)
Bonesy

Got this for Christmas a tiny 40 piece jigsaw. There weren't many straight edges and some really odd shapes making it a bit awkward but enjoyable.
The thing below the jigsaw is a ten pound note, just in case you've not seen one for a while :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith