Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
filsgreen

Great photo, Bill. I'll echo Loretta's sentiment, that jigsaw would stay it's box, no matter how cute your great granddaughter is. 😁
Bill fawcett

Thanks Loretta & Phil. I like a challenge, and can’t see the point of doing easy ones.
Bill
Bernie R

Lovely puzzle Bill.

Like my own grandkids one on page 4 of this thread, difficult but rewarding - a true 'labour of love'.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Forgot to post my starting pic of current puzzle - that was from 26th September.

I have to say that this is the most challenging puzzle I've had this year. That small image on the box is no help and I need a magnifying glass to pick out the detail.

Some (Keith?) may recall I got 2 similar puzzles for Christmas - both of 'Santorini'. While this one is Santorini, it turns out the other one (the one with the 'cheat letters' on the back) was actually the Amalfi Coast in Italy.

The way I'm shaping up on this, it may be the last one of the year before this year's Gibsons' Christmas Puzzle (delivered weeks ago) gets rolled out.

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Good luck Bernie! My Santorini puzzle is hidden at the back of the cupboard!! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Success.

Bloomin' hard work that!! I came close to throwing the towel in on this one.

Ended up drumming up support from our Holly for a dad n daughter effort to finish it off.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Looks good Bernie, and yes, hard to do! in fact, I may throw the towel in now before I start mine!!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
bjones

Harry loves his jigsaws and I’ve never known him abandon one but this one nearly defeated him. He’s done far bigger and ones with tiny pieces but I think the muddy colours in this were a problem
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Pat on the back for him Bee! I wouldn't have even attempted it never mind bought it! :roll: :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bill fawcett

That’s my kind of puzzle Bee. I always thought the idea of jigsaws was to keep you occupied.

Bill
Bernie R

I love a challenge Bill but that bordered on torture.
Bill fawcett

Bernie, I tend to only buy difficult ones and find it difficult to come away from the table when I am doing one. I keep saying to myself “ just find one more piece and then pack in” but then I don’t pack in and I find myself still doing them after midnight.😳
Bill
filsgreen

I'm the polar opposite, Bill, I'd rather walk away and give myself a break. Different ways to enjoy them I suppose. After all, if at first you don't succeed, so much for hang gliding. 😁
bjones

Harry's approach is more like Bill's; not interested in the easy ones. But he moaned so much about that last one that I persuaded him to pop into the optician's. The lens that was fitted as part of the cataract op has deteriorated but he was told at the clinic last year that there's nothing that can be done. He saw his own optician on Tuesday and there is!

Apparently it's not uncommon for the glue holding the replacement lens to deteriorate and cause "floaters". If this gets worse they can be removed by laser.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

And here we go again.

Pressure's on to get this one done, framed and on our Jack's wall and still leave enough time for this year's Gibsons Christmas puzzle.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Looking at the weather for the next few weeks Bernie you will soon get it done! :D Certainly very interesting! :wink:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bill fawcett

Just finished the hardest puzzle I have ever done( and I have done some hard ones). This took me two weeks to complete, working on it for 2-3 hours every day, sometimes till 1 o’clock in the morning. It was a case of picking the shape required, and then trying every piece roughly that shape into the space. It was made worse because some pieces appeared to fit perfectly, but eventually I found they were in the wrong position.😭 This is one puzzle I will definitely not be doing again.

Bernie R

Does look like a killer that one Bill.

I'm struggling with the Marvel one - best get my finger out or I'll not get it done in time for my Christmas puzzle.
Bernie R

Well that was a killer of a team effort but all credit to our Holly who deffo did the lion's share.

Just got to get it framed for our Jack's wall now, so my board is clear for the Christmas challenge.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Wow, Bill and Bernie, you really like the hard ones! I would be giving both a miss! They look great though! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Barb's sorted the edges and Holly's put 'em al in place - just down to me to fil in the rest of this year's Christmas puzzle.

Can thoroughly recommend these quality limited edition puzzles from Gibsons. We get them every year - traditionally part of the seasonal build up in our house.

bjones

Saw your Marvel one in TKMaxx whilst looking for a birthday present for Harry…swerved it when I remembered your health warning Bernie: thanks!
Bee

Bernie R

A wise move methinks, Bee :wink:
Bernie R

Despite posting my starter pic of the Christmas puzzle on 22 Nov, I didn't get stuck in until last Monday.

Got a bit carried away and boxed it off yesterday.

How things change when you do puzzles more often. I used to start theses festive challenges just after my birthday at end of October and end up burning the midnight oil to get them finished before Christmas Eve - this time my bit was done in 4 sittings.

Will need to find something else to keep me going for the next 2 weeks now :lol: :lol:

filsgreen

You may borrow this Christmas one to keep you going, Bernie. 😉

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Very Christmassy Bernie! Nice one. :D

Like that one of yours Phil! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Nice one Phil ;)
bjones

Good work you guys.
Harry is really glum at the mo. Following his birthday he now has 8 new puzzles which he's unable to start thanks to his eye problem. He can't drive or even read without a magnifying glass at the mo thanks to the deterioration of the lens fitted as part of his cataract op. Been struggling since last year and only thanks to his optician re-referring him in October we found out that Spa Medica appear to have dropped him off their list after his assessment last March. In spite of this error his appointment has only just come through for January.
Bee

Bernie R

Sorry to hear of Harry's problems Bee. Must be so frustrating for him. Best wishes for them getting him sorted out quickly in the new year.

Bern
Bill fawcett

Just called in the charity shop and picked up some jigsaws. All £1 each. Should keep me busy for a while. :)

Bill
Bernie R

By strange coincidence my brother dropped off that same Where's Wally puzzle to me last week.

A few years ago I had one, similar to yours, of Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria in depths of Winter. A challenge but very enjoyable.

Good value for money there Bill

Bern
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Done that Where's Willy one Bill, the others look too hard! To be honest Bill, W.W. one nearly had me cross-eyed! Swore I would never do another but a year or so did the pirate jigsaw! Good luck with all of them and photos please! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
bjones

Flippin' 'eck Bill our local charity shops charge up to £6 for jigsaws, you got a bargain!
Bee

Bill fawcett

Bee, I never pay more than £1 in our charity shop.

Bill
Bill fawcett

Just got two better bargains this morning 50p each.