Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bernie R

A little while back, the jigsaw afficionadoes took over another thread.

Thought it may be an idea to create a home for all things jigsaw.

To start the ball rolling here's the 1000 piece puzzle I completed yesterday. Cracking puzzle this. Loads of detail and many clever puns on book titles. I tend to spend a couple of relaxing/frustrating hours each Sunday afternoon on a puzzle then slide the board back under the couch until next week. This one took 4 such sessions to complete.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

I got into them in lock down, Bernie, I only do JVH ones now. Here are a few pics of completed ones.

Last edited by filsgreen on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bernie R

They look good Phil - plenty going on.

The comedy/cartoon ones are fun to do - strangely enough the last one I did before the bookshop was a funny one as well...

Last edited by Bernie R on Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

The one before the talent show was a cracker although it wouldn't appeal to all...

filsgreen

Sorry, Bernie and the less said about the one above, the better. :D Heres one that started the ball rolling for me.

filsgreen

I tend to do mine in the afternoon, when sun shines through the Velux window in my loft space.

Bernie R

By strange coincidence, I've got that Liverpool city puzzle lined up as my next challenge. Did that one a few years back but chose to keep it for another go rather than passing it on.

Love your man cave Phil!
filsgreen

Ta Bernie. Here are my other two. :D

Pool room

Back yard bar.

Has anyone else jumped on the the home/garden bar craze?
Bernie R

Happy days Phil - I'm well-jel! :wink:
Bernie R

Phil

My second go at the Liverpool one will wait. Just spotted this one on Amazon...

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Schmidt-5939 ... s&sr=1-291
bjones

Just popping in to show off ... in the last week or so I have ...drum roll please....all by myself and on my own .....completed 2 jigsaws ... ta dah!!
First I've ever done since (allegedly) becoming an adult. Only 500 piece ones but I'm very impressed with myself as I've never really been the most patient of souls.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Nice one Bee

Are you now bitten by the bug?
Bonesy

I did this one recently. First one for about 30years

Keith
Bernie R

Nice bit of nostalgia there Keith
Bonesy

And as regards the bar bandwagon Phil,
Lian asked if we could create a Greek Corner.
I relented and created this tacky little number :lol:

Keith
filsgreen

Excellent, Keith. I like the window mirror, did you get it local? It would give a good illusion in my shed and reflect the light. I've nicked your idea, just ordered one off amazon, ta mate. :D
Bonesy

Home and Bargain have something very similar Phil @ £4.99. I just dabbed on the blue paint.
Did the bar thing for a laugh more than anything, kept me out of trouble for a couple of days.

Keith
filsgreen

Just cancelled the amazon order, Keith, yours is £30 cheaper. :D
Bonesy

If you can't get them locally Phil, both Maghull stores had them in last week in white and black.
Also worth a look at the big store on the East Lancs Rd.

Keith
filsgreen

Thanks, Keith.
Elaine Goulding

Super jigsaws, although I think I would find Bernie and Phil's a little challenging. You both must have a great deal of patience :) What do you do with them once completed? I would hate to put them back in the box after spending so much time putting them together :)
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
henry

If they are big enough just put a coat of clear varnish over them then you can hang them on a wall
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
filsgreen

I just put them back in the bag and seal it up, Elaine. I think they are like films and books, you can use them again. :D
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Glad to see there are jigsaw addicts like me! I like the comic ones and wasgij ones, do a lot of the one you do Phil, my daughter in law bought me my first jigsaw about three years ago, it was a Liverpool one, different scenes to the one you have Keith (or was it Bernie? :lol: ) my heart sunk, hate jigsaws! coming up to the next Christmas I thought I had better do it, and low and behold, I loved it! I do a jigsaw every night for about two and a half hours, not a tv fan! There is a shop in Rhyl (don't groan, Rhyl is not quite as bad as you think!) he has loads as well as selling books. I buy them from him, he charged £4.00 (now £5.00) for wasgij, and £4 for others, never have I found one with a missing piece! When I fetch one back I bought off him I get £2 knocked off the next one! Try him Phil! :D I wish I could put photos on but in the past I used my camera for photos and now my mobile, no idea how to put photos onto laptop from my phone, it is a new laptop and finding it a pain in the bum finding photos etc. :lol: Plus, still trying to download photos from my laptop onto forum! Ok, before I do Chapter Two, I will sign off!! ps I can always put the names of ones I do!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loretta
ps again, Love your Greek garden Keith!!! I want one like it!!!
A bit of Bootle in Wales
bjones

I've been intending to post info to this thread but keep getting distracted :( :(
My friend told me about a "jigsaw swapping club" at Maghull Methodist Church on Tuesdays between 10 - 12 . Don't know what it's doing about the Covid business but apparently info, including the phone number is on the Sefton Directory website.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bonesy

Well I never knew that bee, literally a three minute walk from our house :shock:
Thanks for sharing.

Keithos
Bill fawcett

This is about the hardest jigsaw I’ve done. It took me about 20 hours to complete.

If anyone likes a challenge I will gladly post it to them.

Bill
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Fantastic jigsaw Bill! only problem is I don't have a table big enough or enough floor space! :( Congratulations on finishing it! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Dropped the ball on this one as it was neglected it on far too may of my usual Sunday afternoon jigsaw spells; that football can be a proper distraction!

Finally got over the finish line last night. Now the question is - start the new 1000 piece Disney character panorama, or keep that one back and start the annual Gibson's Christmas puzzle at end of the month.

No proper footy at the weekend so Disney may get an outing come Sunday afternoon.

bjones

Like that one Bern.
Now that the charity shops are open again Harry has “restocked”. Mostly boring planes, trains and the like but there’s one old fashioned pic of a village scene I might have a go at...
Bee

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Great jigsaw Bernie! With thoughts of possibly of another lockdown, last week I stocked up from my usual shop in Rhyl which was a good thing as I am unable to go there now as I live in Conwy, Rhyl is a different area. So got 10 wasgij jigsaws to do! That should keep me quiet for awhile!! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bonesy

Bought my first ever Lego set a couple of weeks ago on ebay, It's in absolutely brand new condition and never been built. It's a discontinued line and apparently very sought after. Paid £52.00 :shock: but they go for upwards of £200.
Really reluctant to open the bags.
But hey ho.
"We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine".......

Keith
filsgreen

You'll have to show us a picture of it completed, Keith. :D
Bonesy

Will do Phil 👍👍👍

Keith
Bernie R

Looks 'the gear' that Keith