Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
filsgreen

I've just finished my latest JVH.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Good one Phil! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Looks enjoyable Phil
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

Thanks guys, they're the only ones I do. I'm up to 41 now. 😁

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Wow! what are you going to do when you run out of new ones Phil :? Start doing them again? I know of somebody who has started doing that but instead of doing the outline, he is starting from the middle! Actually done two that way now! :lol: (they are the wasgij ones)

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

The great thing about JVH is he's drawn loads. I'm keeping to the £12 price range but you can pay more, Loretta. The prices have more or less returned to normal now.

I will start all over again though, I first started my first JVH in May last year and I think they're like a good book, you could do them again and again. 😁
Bernie R

Following on from the Disney Panorama finished on previous page trying something a bit different (Loretta's kinda thing)

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bernie, I started with a 500! Good luck and hope you get hooked on them! I am looking out for Phil's type for a change but will not get tired of the others though! Phil, if you still go to the caravan, why not call in to my jigsaw shop in Rhyl? Alan had hundreds of all different types mainly yours and mine kind! :D (aprox £5)

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

I would but I sold the caravan a few years back, Loretta.
Bill fawcett

Bought this ‘Banksy’ yesterday for £1. It looks easy enough :D :shock:

Bill
Silver-Haired-Hippy

A great one Bill but rather you doing it than me! :shock: Good luck! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

Yeah, I'd give that a miss as well, Loretta. Good luck Bill. 😁
Bill fawcett

I’ve just completed this one, which is the first I have done for a while.

‘Happy Days’ Whitby’

Bill

Silver-Haired-Hippy

I like that Bill, only been to Whitby once and hope to go again one day. :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Nice one Bill
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bernie how are you getting on with the wasgij? :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Had a good go at it on Saturday.

Another blast on Sat/Sun afternoon should see it off. :wink:
Bernie R

Loretta

As promised - boxed off yesterday afternoon.

Enjoyed that - a different kind of challenge.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Great! Actually that was the very first one I did! Now for the big l000 ones Bernie? :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Have a couple of conventional 1000 piecers left in my in tray before trying another WASGIJ, but would certainly not rule them out. :wink:
Bernie R

Here's the next one.

Some strange shaped pieces in this. Took ages to sort the edges as there are straight edges within the puzzle as well.

Bernie R

Finished the Spring Green last Sunday and forgot to post....

Started this cracking local one yesterday....

Silver-Haired-Hippy

The one you are starting with the Liverpool pics is the very first one that got me hooked! I think I have mentioned about it in a earlier post that my daughter-in-law bought me it, it took me nearly a year to get around to doing it as at the time I had no interest in jigsaws! Always regret giving it away. :( Enjoy Bernie! Like the other one you have just finished. :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

Snap, Loretta, my first one as well, I did in May 2020. I borrowed it from my mum.
Bernie R

Really enjoyed that one - all boxed off in a week.

Loretta/Phil - I wonder if you had the same issue I had with the way some pieces were cut? I had 3 pieces where 1 corner was hanging on by a thread, and fell off. I ended up using tape on the back to fix 4 pieces together to make a 'mega-piece' so that little bit in the middle doesn't get lost; so my 1000 piece puzzle now only has 991 pieces :lol:

filsgreen

I can't recall having an issue with it, Bernie. 🤔 I've just finished this one.
Bernie R

I like it Phil. Always interesting when a puzzle has loads of little people in it.

Bern
filsgreen

Jan always puts the same characters in his puzzles, Bernie. There is the crook, the married couple, tax inspector, Santa klaus, mother in law, scouts, two or three policemen, himself and many other recognisable characters.

He also includes a shark fin, octopus, umbrella, ghost, tooth paste and brush, dog and cat, coat hanger and tie, a WC sign and a curly poo. 😁

I won't do any others, I've got 45 now and there are still loads to do. He dates them all and I've got ones going back to 1991. If you want to borrow one your welcome to, Bernie, I'm only in Seaforth.
Silver-Haired-Hippy

No Bernie, didn't have any problems with it, if you bought it new why not get in touch from where you got it? Shame that and frustrating! :roll:

Phil I like to do your kind too! Maybe bite the bullet and try Wasgij again but start with 500 size this time! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

That's clever Phil - a puzzle within the puzzle as you try to find them all.

I may take you up on that kind offer some time. Thanks

Bern
Bernie R

Loretta, happy with my little DIY solution which does the job. :wink:

Was just curious as, given these things are mass produced, you'd expect them to all use the same cutting jig (or whatever it's called).

Bern
filsgreen

Definitely give them a miss, Loretta, far too hard. 😁 Here's the one I did and I had to Google it to get the correct picture.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Honest Phil, not as hard as you think (well, some of them are! :D ) I've done some quite like the picture on the box ( but a bit different! ) and others I hardly look at the lid! :shock: as hardly like it at all! :D :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
filsgreen

No, too hard, Loretta. 😁 If anything want to borrow it they are welcome, PM me.
Bill fawcett

Feelings a touch of the ‘blues’ after finishing latest puzzle. :D Our 18 month old great-granddaughter swimming underwater.

Bill