How are you feeling today? Health and Mental well being

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Mack
Site Admin

How are you feeling today? Health and Mental well being.

With all the recent news about depression and suicide this thread is about supporting each other and being there to support each other during times of mental distress or physical illness.

The digital world allows us all to say anything we want.

However, we can often feel isolated and just need someone to talk to when feeling down or just post a message online and then wait for a reply.

Just shout out here for a chat about anything that is bothering you about your health and how you are feeling.

Mack
Invicta

Good post Mack.
We have seen the impact of someone suffering mental health issues and keeping it bottled up.
Talk to someone, ask for help.
Ken
Bonesy

I totally agree about talking cus.
Although he was in therapy and we talked over everything my very best friend and workmate took his own life 25 years ago aged just 37.

Keith
Shelagh

Good idea Mack, life is tough for many people, especially for those unable to get out due to health issues.
Hope this thread encourages people to share any problems 😉
Dobbsyboy

Dreadful. Stress and depression plus the fact I'm stuck working from home since last March makes for an unhappy bunny. Very unhappy bunny.
what you looking at eh La?
Mack
Site Admin

Soz to hear that Dobsy :(

You could possibly purchase a 'foldable "Happy Hat" which you can carry in your pocket and slap on to your head to improve your quality of life. Not tried it myself, though.

Maybe a possibility to consider as a portable solution.

Stay sooper cool fella :)

Mack :D
lily8

What a timely and good topic Mack, someone close to us was sectioned recently and while that sounds horrific it was a blessing in disguise, we had urged that he sought help and he did. He is now able to talk about his feelings and we hope he is well on the road to recovery. So many people suffer and a lot in silence if we can reach out and help even just by a pm or whatever we are doing something positive. Well done Mack
Lily
miv donelan

I'm sorry you're feeling so down Dobsy, and being stuck at home working won't help. There's not a lot anyone can say to help when you feel this way, except that you're not on your own even if it feels that way. Hopefully things will be back to normal before long. A good rant can sometimes help even if no one else hears it. Failing that, post it on the forum on the grounds that it's better out than in. Please don't be tempted by Macks hat.
Miv
Elaine Goulding

Hi Everyone.
I have not posted for a very long time. As some of you know my husband, Tom had been ill for a number of years, sadly he died in March this year. Unfortunately I have not been coping very well since his death. Shortly after he died I was admitted into hospital with covid which my little granddaughter brought home from daycare. Fortunately she was ok. After all this sad news my daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl three weeks ago. I now have four grandchildren, without them I doubt I would have functioned during the dark days of this horrible year. I am now fully vaccinated but very rarely leave the house unless I go and visit my grandchildren. I still have my groceries delivered and the pharmacy deliver my medications.

Anyway, enough of my doom and gloom. I have really enjoyed "how does your garden grow". You all put me to shame, while my garden is not very big it is an absolute mess at the moment. When the weather cools down I will have to get some weeding done. We have experienced so many weeks of high temperatures and humidity. Mind you I am not complaining when you read of all these forest fires in BC.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
miv donelan

Elaine,
I'm so sorry to hear the very sad news about your husband Tom. I can understand how you're feeling, especially after caring for him for so long. There must be a big void in your life. Let your family take care of you now until you feel you can cope.
Enjoy your grandchildren, they are magic at making you feel special just when you need it, they'll make you laugh again. You can even convince them that helping to pull out weeds in your gardens a great game, you'll probably lose a few plants on the way but so what? You'll have fun watching them. Congratulations on your new granddaughter, there's nothing like that tiny warm bundle in your arms to make your heart light again.
Take care Elaine, I hope you start feeling better soon. Keep posting on the forum

Miv x
Bonesy

Hi Elaine,
So sorry to hear about your Tom. Very sad indeed.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune contracting covid. Hope that your health improves with each passing day.

Many congratulations on a new member to the family.

Keith and Lian xx
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Elaine, there is nothing I can add to what Miv and Keith have said, they have said it all. I really feel for you. So just to let you know I am thinking of you and glad you have the support of your family and of course us on the forum. please keep in touch with snippets of what your grandkids get up to! Take care and remember we care about you too. xx

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bootlelass-expat

Thank you Mack for such a thoughtful post.

It has been a very difficult time for most people, but absolutely life threatening for some.

Personal tragedies made worse by covid.

Best wishes to Elaine for her future life without her hubby, I am sure her grandchildren will be a true blessing.

May everyone feeling in a place of darkness find a light in someone (be it a friend, family member or professional) to help them find their way out.

A smile to a stranger can make their day. 😊 A smile for you all from me.

Doreen
Bonesy

What a lovely post Doreen.

Keith x
Eddy Lloyd

My daughter lost her husband recently through suicide so this is close to our hearts. She recently organised a 5 aside tournament calling it The Andy Cureton Memorial tournament. It was held in Netherton on the 8th August. 36 teams entered with several more put on a reserve list. A total of approximately 8 thousand pounds (Still monies coming in) was raised for three mental health charities. Lots of people too many to mention helped our Nikki and we can't thank them enough.
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Eddy, so sad to hear about your daughter's loss, I can't imagine what she is going through and all the family too, something so hard to come to terms with if ever. Thankfully she has you and your wife to help her through it and be there for her.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Elaine Goulding

Eddy, how very very sad. I cannot imagine losing someone to suicide. Your daughter and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Bonesy

Eddy, very sorry to read your post. Such a sad time, condolences to all mate.

Keith x
lily8

Dear Eddy so very sorry to read your post our condolences to Nikki and all the family, well done to those that have helped to raise funds for mental health projects far too many suffer in silence.
Lily