Cryptic TV programmes

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bernie R

It's just 5 letters long and they are all in the clue - c'mon gang......
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

Having no luck with it, mate. :|
bjones

All I can come up with is BONEY. Links to the Aussie girls and letters all in the clue but can't work out the relevance to the "middle" bit of your clue Bern. Well other than that the letters are either side of "the middle" :?
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bill fawcett

Bee, B- ONE -Y. = By the middle One

Bill
bjones

Bill that's how I got it but I think I was looking for something to do with the word "central" in the title... until Bern said "5 letters...
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Over to you Bee - Boney (Aboriginal detective played by James Laurenson) is the right answer.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Yep Boney, along with Skippy and Flying Doctor were the only Aus TV progs I've ever watched.... all 3 were televised before I got too busy to watch telly :(

Another from the 70s - SHOW CONTEMPT TO MONKHOUSE AND HOPE
Bee

filsgreen

Finger Bob, Bee?
bjones

Near enough Phil; Fingerbobs it is. Apols for vulgarity :lol:
Bee

filsgreen

How very dare you, Bee? :D Heres one from the 70s onwards.
People of the valley, in Wales?
Bernie R

Is that the Welsh language soap - Pobol y Cwm?
filsgreen

Certainly is, Bernie. :D
Bernie R

2000s

Confused Time Lord?
bjones

Now if you'd said 60's to 80s I'd have said HOW, but you didn't so I wont :(
Bee

Bernie R

Expand your logic Bee and you're on a winner.
bjones

Wish I knew how to bump a topic :(
Bee

Bernie R

Bee, do what you did already, but use the full programme title. :wink:
bjones

I got your meaning when you said "expand" Bern, I just can't think of a telly prog. I'm useless with telly after about 1972 :(
Bee

bjones

OK Bern, Harry says is there a prog called Torchwood and Mr Google says yes....
Bee

Bernie R

That's the one Bee.

It was a good spin-off from Doctor Who that cunningly used an anagram of the title to name the eponymous organisation in that new spin-off.

Over to you.

Bern
bjones

That'll explain why I've never heard of it Bern; don't like sci-fi except for the first few Star Wars which I belived to be half love-story and half biblical :lol: .
Back to the 60s... FIRST MAN EXISTS BY NOT CHANGING HIS MIND?
Bee

Bernie R

Adam Adamant?
bjones

You can have that Bern although apparently it was called Adam Adamant Lives ..which I didn't know until I checked the title
Bee

Bernie R

I never knew that either Bee.

50s onwards

69 minutes ago?
bjones

Just bumping this up.
Not a clue beyond something to do with 4.55 or 10 to 5. Best bet would be news/current affairs or sports prog with it being so long running......
Bee

Bernie R

You're nearly there Bee but look also at the day it was posted :wink:
bjones

mmm I think of it as being it's Friday, it's 5 o'clock but now you mention it that could be ....
it's Friday, it's 5 to 5 and it's CRACKERJACK???
Bee

Bernie R

Well in Bee. Give yourself a Crackerjack pencil to write the next clue!
bjones

Ta Bernie.
Can I ask for someone else to set the next one please....
Bee

Bernie R

Reluctantly...... :(

Current

Apparel for the summit?
lily8

Top Gear??
Lily
Bernie R

That's the one Lily - you to go next.
lily8

thanks Bern, "The boy will take care of it'
Lily
Bernie R

What decade Lil?
lily8

still showing on Aus tv Bern
Lily