Homing pigeon

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Re: Homing pigeon

Postby miv donelan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:16 am

Pootle, thank you for your comments on our house guest Steve, and also for recommending I listen to the "The King of Rome". I couldn't have put it better than Shelagh, truly an inspirational story, it had me in tears.
Patricia and Shelagh, I'll keep you posted about Steves activities. At the moment he's enjoying the light nights and warmer weather. He stays away from home longer than he used to and quite often sleeps on my grandsons bedroom window ledge, in preference to his own hide. Maybe he feels safer up there. I really appreciate your comments, thank you so much.
miv donelan

Postby Invicta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am

Great to see the “Saga of Steve” still going Miv, enjoying the updates :D Ken
Invicta

Postby bjones » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:55 am

Thanks Pootle and Shelagh, for the link to The King of Rome. I loved watching it even though it made me cry; reminded me so much of my dad. He had a bird that won a race from France the year I was born … I was teased that they named me after her :( . Part of the prize was an oil painting of the bird which my dad declined in favour of cash, money was too tight for such frivolities as oil paintings. He always claimed that he didn't keep pigeons, they kept themselves by winning enough to pay for their upkeep.

Anyway, back to young Steve. Yes Miv please keep us updated, love the story of "what's the time Mr Wolf". :lol: :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Shelagh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:44 pm

Lovely memory Bee; not surprised your dad chose cash over painting :)
Such an achievement. Smiled at thought of birds name being given to you :D
Similar situation (winner of the 1948 grand national responsible for my name :lol:)

Could be worse, horse might have been called Annunziata :D
Shelagh

Postby Invicta » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:59 pm

He plays for Chelsea, Shelagh :wink: K
Invicta

Postby Shelagh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:11 pm

He gets around, then :lol:
Shelagh

Postby Mack » Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 am

Hiya Miv,

Chlorine Windle wrote a fabulous book called Pigeon Wigs and Extensions for the younger members of our community to interact with our friendly flyers.

Hope the little fella is still ok :D

Bezzies...

Mack :)
Mack
Site Admin

Postby bjones » Wed May 01, 2019 11:19 am

Mack! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I heard Steve's been barred out of so many pubs that he needs to wear a wig to disguise himself when he goes out on the pop!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby miv donelan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mack I think you've found Donald Trumps stylist, I use that word loosely. Steve had a narrow escape last week, my grandson saw a rogue moggy crouching on the wall where the bird was perched, as Ciaran opened the door to chase it, Finlay raced out barking. In its panic the cat jumped down and landed in a bush, Fin then decided to relieve himself on the bush. Presumably to show who was boss, but I prefer to think he was sticking up for his little buddy. I hope the cats learned it's lesson. Steve appears to have made friends with a couple of wood pigeons, they sit on next doors back wall of an evening then the three birds fly off together, he arrives back early morning for his breakfast. My son reckons it's bad enough wondering what his boys are up to without worrying about what time the pigeon will be home as well.
miv donelan

Postby lynne99 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 am

The pictures in my mind are so funny. I wonder what the 3 pigeons are saying to each other. Where do they go?? Perhaps a tracker device or camera would be useful. Thanks for posting Miv.
lynne99

Postby Shelagh » Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am

Miv, sounds like your son has his hands full with Steve..these nocturnal party goers can be such a worry :roll:
But family needn’t be too concerned :) Steve and his mates have been spotted having a quiet tipple in the Pigeon (micro pub) on Endbutt Lane, Crosby :wink:
Then it’s off to South Road to their favourite watering holes - the Raven and Featherspoons :D
Like all good tipplers, Steve will always find his way back home!

Hope this info helps you Miv (always a relief to know where they are)

Shelagh :wink:

i
Shelagh

Postby Sheelagh Tequila » Thu May 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Love this tail..oops..tale Miv, please keep us up to date with Steve's shenanigans .he's a hoot ..Oh no thats an Owl.. :shock:

Sheelagh :D
Sheelagh Tequila

Postby Patricia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Miv - Having recently posted a photo of "Charlie" the Hermit Crab who is now in
his 11th year with me (don't know how long he has lived before that) it brought
to mind that there had been no update on "Steve" in quite some time. Would love to
here how things are going that with him and his adventures - Hope all is well..........Patricia.
Patricia

Previous

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks