Not a Footy thread

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Invicta

We need to Spur them on. :wink: K
dannylewis

49-88=
Invicta

Or 59-6 :wink:
Bonesy

Had a great night tonight in really nice Kompany :wink:

Keith
john j connell

Bonesy wrote:Had a great night tonight in really nice Kompany :wink:

Keith
His goal has just been awarded goal of the season, well deserved, (it was indeed a Starry Starry night for Vincent).
Having trouble getting my head down, a rather substantial lady has been singing outside of our house since around yesterday teatime. JJC.
Bernie R

Bought a new TV to watch the Premier League, sad news is it came with no Leeds :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

:lol:
Great game that last night. It was like watching rugby with a round ball.

Keith
john j connell

Bonesy wrote::lol:
Great game that last night. It was like watching rugby with a round ball.

Keith
I watched the game and really enjoyed it, a real throwback to the 70s, loads of bookings and 2 red cards and not much in the rolling around as though the player had been shot stakes.The only disappointment was a lad named Harry Wilson (real bottler) i think he is on loan from a lower league club, he will more than likely make a half decent living with the likes of Salford City or Fleetwood Town, good luck to the lad. ah well back to the Rum and Peps. JJC.
dannylewis

Just got back from 2 weeks in Ibiza nice to see Kieth and JJ interested in LFC , well I would if your season ended in December ,to JJ the fat lady dose'nt sing until 1st June so lets wait and see , I always surported efc in cup competions like the Watney and Texico cups . also the Inter Toto Cup , had a great time in Ibiza took in 2 good games it was good to watch with Real fans from Bacca , If Kieth wants some good company the Quarrymen are playin at the Rockin at the Roan nite in the Oldy club Old Roan on Tuesday so kieth get yer arse down there might see you there , Danny , ps maybe JJ might like some Rockin Roll all in aid of a children's charity ,
john j connell

Danny, no goer for me mate, i'm not into live music of any description, the reason being is that i am extremely sensitive to loud noise/sound especially in enclosed/ confined space, it agitates me and makes me edgy, (enclosed/confined not pertinent to Goodison Park), I would be more than happy to give a donation to the charity if you let me know which one it is.
As for the cups, you forgot to mention the Screen Sports Super Cup, Liverpool won it in 1986 v the Super Blues, it was introduced after English clubs were barred from competing in Europe after the reprehensible action of a minority of Liverpool Football Club supporters at Heysel Stadium in 1985 (am i allowed to mention Heysel). JJC.
dannylewis

disappointed JJ to bring up Heysel on a banter thread it was a commination of 2 sets of fans were to blame the stadium also played a big part in it . this my last take the subject , if you want to donate to the Mersycats childrens charity just go on the website , on a sad note just heared a good friend of ours has just died , Kenny Jones a Bootle lad I worked with Kenny for years in the building trade , Kenny was a totally mad Blue supporter he was well know for wearing his own Toffee lady outfit , although he did work for LFC as a plumber he was liked by everyone ,
john j connell

Danny, i fail to see how i could not mention the tragedy when referring to the screen sports super cup as that was the sole reason that the competition came into being.
I did not know your mate Kenny Jones, my condolences go to his family. We are at that stage in life when we lose friends and loved ones on a regular basis, i attended 3 funerals in the space of 10 days, Jeans and Neilys being two of them.
I will be looking at the Merseycats children's charity page later. JJC.
dannylewis

What a fantastic nite we booked a table in the Weld Blundle in Keith's neck of the woods nice meal we sat by Cally what a Gentleman ' got some crackin photos with Margaret and my lads , the game wasn't the best but the result was fantastic SIX times cant se any club ever commin near that even the oil clubs , or proberty ownwers of the Liver buildings , were goin to the LFC home coming , the trains are only going to Sandhills so might drop of and have a pint of Bitter in the Bromley More , might see JJ in there , take care everyone Danny ,
filsgreen

So predictable, I could set my watch by you.

As your arrogance about who has won it the most, here's a little lesson for you. As you will see, although LFC have won the Champions League six time, how did you come to the conclusion that no other club will come anywhere near it? Also, who's to say that Bayern Munich or Barcelona won't win it a sixth time next season?

Champions League titles?

Los Blancos have won the Champions League a record staggering 13 times. Real Madrid, under Zinedine Zidane, were European champions for three consecutive years between 2016-18, matching Bayern's three-time success in as many years from 1974 to 1976. 

The Madrid side have won the Champions League six times since 2000 alone, with four of their most recent triumphs occurring over the last five seasons. In that period, they faced local rivals Atletico Madrid twice in the final, and their most recent success came against Liverpool in Kiev where they bested the Anfield club 3-1. 

They are followed by Milan in second place, who have clinched seven Champions League titles. They last won the competition in 2007, also against Liverpool. The victory came as revenge for the famed 2005 final held in Istanbul, where they squandered a 3-0 lead in the first half after the Reds scored three goals in four minutes – sending the game into a penalty shootout, where they lost. 

Liverpool jumped into third in the list with their win over Tottenham in the 2019 final, moving them out of a three-way tie with Bayern Munich and Barcelona, who have each won five titles.  

By the way I'm not "biting" or being bitter before you allege that, just stating facts. I'm well aware that according to some LFC fans, it's banter and when EFC, state anything detrimental about LFC, they're bitter. Here's an example of LFC banter

Eddy Lloyd

Danny I knew what you meant, you were talking about other prem sides. Lots of bitter being drank at the moment. :) :)
filsgreen

I'm with you now, the readers have to assume that you're only speaking about premiership clubs?

Noticed you didn't condemn the vandalism Eddy swept under the carpet like everything else. Also, you've just reinforced the "bitter" theory, you just can't wait to use it at every opportunity.

The arrogance is still relevant, if you don't think the so called "oil club" won't be challenging for European honours in the years to come, you are most definitely deluded.

They've just won the premier league twice in a row and the domestic treble, but you seem to think they haven't the ability to win the Champions League?
Eddy Lloyd

I condemn any acts of vandalism and violence I could post hundreds of acts of vandalism from both sets of supporters and Google lots of facts and information but I can't be a***d. Enjoy the moment Danny and stay on the lager that bitter tastes awful. :) :)
filsgreen

No, more like the inconvenient truth that doesn't fit the 'banter' image? The person who did that, was it playful banter? I realise there are idiot fans in every club, my example was posted to illustrate how the typical LFC supporter views his fellow fans. By the way I didn't have to Google the image, it was sent to me by an LFC fan, who thought it was banter.
Eddy Lloyd

So you're saying that it was a typical lfc supporter???? Deluded or what.!!!
filsgreen

No, if you read my post again, I stated both clubs have fans who are idiots. However, on this occasion, I received the image from an LFC fan who did not vandalise Prince Ruperts Tower, but considered it banter and forwarded it to me. Draw your own conclusions.
dannylewis

Phil your can't tar people with the same brush it could have been anybody , every club party group all has its share of d]ckheads , I've just looked on a FB site i'am told some LFC supporters arrived to clean the damaged done by these fools , I don't know how true it is , going back to LFC we waited 3 hours for the team to arrive with the cup the Pier Head was fantastic , it wasn't just about football Liverpool the city knows how to celibrate , . Iwas at my mates funeral this morning Kenny Jones I've mention him before Kenny was a crazy Blue some of the stories were the funniest I've ever heard about his time supporting the Blues , when they played the Z cars theme there wasn't a dry eye in the church ,Danny
filsgreen

Yes, Danny. On reflection there is no proof who did it and I was certainly hasty to blame an LFC fan. Although, hopefully unlikely, it could have easily been an idiot Everton fan. Fair play to the fans offering to clean it off, I feel that it will be done.

I read about your mate and I was sorry to hear about him, my condolences to you and Kenny's family. It certainly puts all this petty bickering into perspective, I know Shankly thought otherwise, but life is too short to argue about football. Hope you had a good few drinks at the old Legion. :D
dannylewis

Just seen cement mixer and a wheelbarrow goin in the Bramley Moore dock , must be some serious building work goin on ,
dannylewis

Just heared on Granada News Northwest Liverpool could loose its World Heritage Status if Second Rate building work goes on any of the dock sites ,
Invicta

Danny, I had to think about that one butrealised what you meant. Very funny :lol: Ken
dannylewis

We have been invited to the first night opening of the Dixie Dean hotel tonight ,hope for a good nite maybe a few selfies , Danny
dannylewis

Crackin nite at the Dixie Dean hotel realy enjoyed it good entertainment we met Dixies daughter , good entertainment including Anthony Russel [Tighto] good Bootle lad , just felt a bit uneasy havin a selfie with the Toffee Lady ,nice to be invited off the Kenrights , who do a lot for the homeless and unemployed on Mersyside , rounded off the nite off with a quick tour of the Shankly Hotel opposite , Danny
Invicta

Slumming it Danny :lol: K
dannylewis

SUPER REDS Super Team Super Goalie , Super History ,
EdMcDonald

dannylewis wrote:SUPER REDS Super Team Super Goalie , Super History ,
Soup kitchen :wink:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

The European equivalent of the Charity Shield, (yet another meaningless friendly) JJC.
henry

Not just a cup but a SUPER cup
A Trophy we won and we put it in our trophy cabinet which is getting full not like certain clubs with nothing :P
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
dannylewis

Steady on Eddy Mac you.ve got to be in it to win it , had a nice bowl of pea wack last nite , love green soup same colour as envy JJ knows that , Danny xx
Invicta

Meaningless or not they banked over £4 million for winning, enough to buy another trophy cabinet :wink: K
dannylewis

Ken might go down the Bramley Moore pub on the dock rd tonite , nice quite place not much happening , I could good do with a bit of peace , might meet some of Keiths scarecrows there ,