The Telly

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

Watched it last night bee. A few disasters unfolded. The young lady chef made a lovely looking turnip dish mmmmmm

Keith
bjones

A couple of disasters again last night Keith. Did you see the Scouse - Italian Gabriella last week? Think she's one to watch :D
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bonesy

She certainly is Bee.
What about the Indian chef last night? Mr unflappable :D
As you say some more disasters including the well undercooked duck.

Keith
bjones

Yep Keith, I think "Saga" is going to give our Gabby a run for her money; brilliant again last night. Glad James got through too.
Bee trying to think who he reminds me of; his voice is a bit Joe Pasquale but I'm thinking he's like Kenny Tutt who won the "ordinary" Masterchef title in 2018; what do you think?
Last edited by bjones on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Steady on you two - this is turning into some form of chat thread! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Bernie :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bee

bjones

Bloddy football has mucked up the telly watching. :evil:
Delighted to see Old Fella George leave I'm a Celeb.
Back to the chefs tonight :D

We had a quick look into The English yesterday, but the credits and intro took that long we postponed viewing (again).
Bee

Bonesy

Finally given up on Silent Witness.
Struggled through Mondays episode.
Last nights felt like the longest hour I've ever spent watching a TV programme.
The writers have made it so complicated it left my head in a spin and the acting was pretty awful.
All the above in my own humble opinion.

Keith
bjones

Agree about Silent Witness Keith; I gave up half way through last week's second part.
Was hoping for an improvement this season. What happened to the concept of the deceased person being the "silent witness"? The last few years have drifted so far from the original concept that the storylines have become incredible and most certainly beyond what you'd expect of the work of a Home Office pathologist.

Enjoyed Happy Valley on Sunday. Swerved the Ginger Whinger of course.
Corrie continues to amuse so long as we suspend belief. Stephen makes a rubbish villain. Emmerdale is dragging on a bit....but Ill 'persevere of course :lol:
Bee

Bernie R

We sacked Silent Witness after 1 episode of the first story of this series. Totally unbelievable now and the romance element does absolutely nothing to help credibility. That scene where Jack (the superhero) was wandering round the office block 'watching' the victim's final minutes - ridiculous!

Also enjoying the return of Happy Valley - no airs and graces, just gritty northern drama.

Just finished a 'Yellowstone Origins' series called 1883 about a wagon train back in, well.... 1883. Really really good if you can track it down on a stick or DVD or whatever. Looking forward to the next one - 1923, with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

Has anyone checked out 'The Rig' on Amazon yet? Fancy that but haven't dipped my toe into that icy North Sea yet.

Still have 'Mayflies' recorded from the Christmas period - anyone watch that? Any good?

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
ALAMO2008

I gave up 1923 after 40 mins which is not normally me
I can usually sit longer through Rubbish

I am Hooked on Tulsa King up to Episode 9 streamed

It started last night also on Channel 5 at 22:00 hrs
For anyone who doesn't like Sylvester' Stallone like me , it will change your Opinion on Him
If you ever watched The Sopranos
You'll be Hooked on Tulsa
Last edited by ALAMO2008 on Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

For something a little different and if you have Netflix and enjoy wildlife shows try watching Island of the Sea Wolves.There's only 3 episodes of 45 minutes each.It was all filmed on Vancouver Island and much of the very wild areas were filmed just where Sheila and I lived on the wild West Coast when we lived in a logging and sawmill company town called Tahsis.Brave lady ,bears in the back garden,cougars all over the place and having to carry a high powered rifle just in case.
There's not many so called sea wolves left now ,maybe 150 and they are mostly scavengers but I have seen maybe 4 or 5 on the beach about 3 miles from Tahsis feeding on a dead Grey Whale .
Matt
Bernie R

Made a start on Amazon's 'The Rig' last night - sacked it halfway through episode 2.

Not for me.
Bonesy

Happy Valley on Sunday. Wow, best tv for years.
That cafe scene and the run up to it, brilliant.

Keith
Bernie R

Agreed Keith - superb stuff!
bjones

Me too Keith.
Brilliant casting; Sarah Lancashire can do no wrong for me but that cafe scene really showed what a cracking actress Siobhan Finneran is too.
Best thing on telly at the mo, but for me it's like reading a really good book.... dying to know what happens but never want it to end :?
Bee

Bonesy

Watched the first episode of "Funny Woman" on
Sky Max last night.
Set in the swinging 60s it centres around
"Sophie Straw" who has won the Miss Blackpool
Beauty Contest and her adventures in London where she decides its the place to go to hit the big time.
It's very authentic and atmospheric being set in the 60s.
Great accompanying soundtrack as well which I've found on Spotify.
It's defo worth a watch.

Keith
Bonesy

Watched "Bank of Dave" last night, an absolute must watch feel good film.

Keith
Bernie R

Bonesy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:06 pm Watched "Bank of Dave" last night, an absolute must watch feel good film.

Keith
100% agreement mate. Real feel good flick.
Invicta

Anyone see The Gold ( BBC 1) ?
First episode last night, we watched the second on iPlayer, looks good.
It's about the Brinksmat robbery, interesting to us as one of the main baddies had a mansion a few miles from here.
Hugh Bonneville, Downton, is the chief detective.
Enjoy
Ken
Paul

Watched the first two episodes myself Ken, very good.

Paul
Born Kirk Street
Invicta

Hi Paul
Finished it tonight, well worth the watch. K
Paul

Cheers Ken, will finish it this week. Watched first episode of Better tonight and it also looks very promising.

Paul
Born Kirk Street
Bernie R

Thanks chaps.

Recorded both of those shows while we've been down in that London. Good to hear they're worth a watch.
Invicta

I particularly liked the acting of Sean Harris who played Gordon Parry. Portrayed as a simple London bloke but, very clever. K
Paul

Ken finished watching The Gold tonight, agree with you, well worth a watch, really enjoyed it.

Paul
Born Kirk Street
bjones

First off; Hello Paul good to see you posting again :D

We watched Epi 1 of The Gold on Sunday too. Thought it was good telly. One thing that disconcerted me was that I thought I recognised the name Kenny Noye. I looked him up and realised he was the man who stabbed a young man to death in a road rage incident. Far cry from the cheeky chappie wide boy portrayed in the prog. Wont stop me watching the series though.

Elsewhere... Great British Menu is back :D :D :D
and on Emmerdale Paddy has done a runner :( :( :(
Bee

Invicta

Yes Bee, the same Noye who was in the press this week claiming no malice to the girlfriend who identified him as the murderer of her man. Yeah right.
The tv portrayed him as a likeable rogue, he was far from that. K
Bernie R

Just watched All Quiet On The Western Front on Netflix. Wow!!! Harrowing, powerful film. Makes me glad to have been born too late to be part of that horrible madness. Can see why it won all those BAFTAs. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Invicta

We enjoyed the Military Wives film last night on Channel 4. Another feel good film about the formation of the first Militsry Wives Choir. K
Bonesy

Out last night Ken but have recorded it.
Anyone tried the new ITV X app on the TV?
It's really good with loads to choose from including a decent film section.

Keith
Invicta

Can't seem to get ITV X, Keith. Although we have a Smart TV it's an old one. K
ALAMO2008

It won't work on old Samsung TV s

Unless you receive via digital on an Amazon Firestick
Bonesy

Ken and Al if you've got a spare usb port on your tv, its worth investing in an
Amazon fire stick. A 4k one will give you the best quality at around £40-50
Dead easy set up it will give you not only itvX but countless other channels, music and apps all for free.

Keith
filsgreen

My Sony Bravia TV is sixteen years old, Keith, I use a Sony PlayStation 3, which is fifteen years old, to access streaming media. 😀