EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
oldroanerroamer

I wonder if Sam is taking the squad away for some team building, they need it big time. The Lake District always worked for Moyes, either there or somewhere warm I reckon.
EdMcDonald

I would recommend Death Valley Arizona for a whole year. :evil: :twisted:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
bernie johno

just heard shamus coleman will make his return tonight for the under 23s , 10 months since that double break lets hope he can get back to his former self but it will be tough :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
john j connell

bernie johno wrote:just heard seamus coleman will make his return tonight for the under 23s , 10 months since that double break lets hope he can get back to his former self but it will be tough :D :D :wink:
Fingers crossed for him Bernie, just watched the game and he played for just under 1 hour, can't really judge were he is at given the opposition but pleased to see him back on the grass.
Some real good talent on show tonight but once again hard to say who has the ability/luck to progress to the next level.
Sorry to see Aaron Lennon leave Everton, he gave nothing less than 100% when he pulled on the shirt,1 or 2, no make that 1 (Mr Schneiderlin) get put to shame by the amount of effort he puts in when he plays, i hope he plays well for Burnley and i sincerely hope that he is over the mental health problem he suffered not so long ago. JJC.
bernie johno

Yes John watched it myself good little game with some good kids on display and the score of 3-0 could well of been much higher.Hope all went well with your hospital appointment yesterday you will soon be back up that ladder :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

looks like a jeff stelling Saturday for me tomorrow a few bets then off to the bellermines for the end of the month bevvy,this month has gone quick mind you I did spend 12 days of it in bed :D :D :wink:
graham01

Glad you are on the mend bernie.
It has been quiet on fuertaventura this january with out you.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
bernie johno

Thanks graham but this weather hasn't cheered me up would be half way there by now :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

5 managers sitting in a bar. Pochettino, Guardiola, Mourinho, Allardyce and Klopp. Pocehttino gets up and buys 5 pints of lager, Guardiola gets up and buys 5 whiskeys, Mourinho gets up and buys 5 shots then Klopp gets up and buys 4 pints. Allardyce says "Hey Jurgen where's my pint?" Jurgen says "Sorry Sam but you're not in the fourth round".sam replys I take it your going yourself after this one :D :D :wink:
graham01

:D :D :D
john j connell

Looks like Arsenal are going to be the only big club not in the hat for the 5th round draw of the F A cup tomorrow. JJC.
henry

What about WBA who beat us as we were the team that beat you :wink:
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
bernie johno

FINAL SCORE: EVERTON 2 CHELSEA 1
pity are first team couldn't play like the under 23s :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

deadline day always brings surprises, teams have bought early this month but there is always one you don't expect could be man city with mahrez :D :D :wink:
Invicta

Mangala for you Bernie. Left sided defender , just what Sam wants :wink: Ken
bernie johno

Invicta wrote:Mangala for you Bernie. Left sided defender , just what Sam wants :wink: Ken
yes heard that Ken as i said suprises we will see what happens but sky seem confident :D :D :wink:
EdMcDonald

2-0 up at home v Leicester. Who would have forecast that. Don't fall apart in the second half.
EdMcDonald

EdMcDonald wrote:2-0 up at home v Leicester. Who would have forecast that. Don't fall apart in the second half.
Not a bad game but were lucky as hell. Posts and crossbar saved us. :shock:
bernie johno

you say we were lucky ed but niasse should of had a hatrick ,iwas not looking forward to tonight but given their form I thought we coped quiet well. Shamus was brilliant Walcott with 2 goals
and the atmosphere was the best of the season ,o and I got soaked going home hope jjc never got drowned in the park end the weather was horrendous :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Soaked to the skin Bernie (hopefully i should be back in my own spec for the Brighton game), worth it though just to witness how good Seamus Coleman is, he is the ultimate professional.
Really nervous first fifteen mins and even worse last fifteen, rode our luck at times but deserved the 3 points in the end. Walcott looks to be a bargain, hope he can turn it on against his old team on saturday. JJC.
Paul

Big improvement last night, let’s hope it continues, soaked on way home but worth it for the win.

Paul
Born Kirk Street
bernie johno

glad your on the mend john weather was bad last night.
so everton have got the city man Eliaquim Hans Mangala and he will wear the number 13 shirt.
Lookman went on loan to Germany despite sam saying he would stay,i think he needs game time but should of stayed in england :D :D :wink:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Result apart I thought this performance was light years ahead of the rubbish displayed over the past few months.

Coleman showed what we have been missing and I thought he was the man of the match. His defence to attack was superb and he could even have scored, as he has in the past.

Before the game I had agreed with the pundits that we would lose this game but the team display completely allayed those fears. Nice to beat someone above us in the league, too.

We missed some and they missed some but we deserved the win. If all the chances had been taken it would have been 8 - 3 to us.

Aside from that it seems Lookman made the decision himself. It was against the wishes and advice from the club but if he does well it can only be good for him and Everton. .

The future looks better for the blues..

Invicta

Agree Ernie, Seamus was the best on the field.
Just chipping in on your final point, I wonder how much say Managers, Coaches etc have in the comings and goings these days. Sam seems quite remote from it as in the Lookman case and the failure to get Klassen moved on. :wink: Ken
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I copied this from the Everton page. It explains the Lookman situation from Sams point of view.

........................................................................................................................................................................................
Ademola Lookman's "stubbornness" forced through a deadline-day loan move to RB Leipzig against Everton's wishes, says Toffees manager Sam Allardyce.

Lookman, 20, joined the German side on Wednesday on a deal until the end of the season, despite Allardyce saying earlier this week that he would not go.

"It is one of the most unusual situations I've been in," said Allarydce.

"We got some deals for him but he was adamant he chose Germany."

Allardyce says Everton tried to "persuade" Lookman not to make a move that he thinks is a "big challenge" for the player's development.

"His stubbornness meant he got his own way," said the former England manager. "I hope he proves us all wrong."
Invicta

Cheers Ernie,
He gets to play with Naby Keita who joins LFC on July 1st.
:D Ken
bernie johno

FIFA has confirmed that #PL clubs will be able to sign new players from 9 June to 9 August, the transfer window will close before the season starts #SSFootball
well I for one like this news :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Judging by his team selection and the way he set them up, Mr Allardyce had given this one up even before the team bus had left Merseyside..he is doing Everton and himself no favours with his constant chopping and changing. In 60 + years of watching Everton i've seen some poor performances, this one is up there in the top 5. embarrassing. JJC.
graham01

I agree john,worst first half i have ever seen from an everton side.i think the scoreline flatters us.
Sam is not the answer...i think he is part of the problem......line up and tactics awful.graham.
EdMcDonald

Watching Everton is a good advert for ladies curling. More action. :oops: :oops: :evil:
graham01

:D
efc46

Who has the boots on the players do why this score line is beyond Everton FANS
Davey Rowlands Bootle
bernie johno

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... stereotype
the guardian reporters take on rooneys appearance on Monday night football
I thought he done a great job :D :D :wink:
Invicta

Must have missed your last match report Berni, computer broke? :lol:

How’s the head ?

Ken
bernie johno

Invicta wrote:Must have missed your last match report Berni, computer broke? :lol:

How’s the head ?

Ken
dont think i could of added to anything that was said Ken, on gardening leave so never went hoping to be back for watford away in a couple of weeks or burnley failing that :D :D :wink: