EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
john j connell

Everton v Man City, apart from the first 15 minutes of the game tonight i thought Everton made a very expensive City side look rather average, it was a great performance (best for a while) Roberto got the balance just about right. Besic (my man of the match) and Barry (what a season he is having) were immense, Besic should now be given an extended run in the 1st team. Goodison Park was back to its intimidating best tonight. It's nights like this that you wish you did not have work the next day, a few scoops would have went down well after the game, i will just have to make up for it in 3 weeks time somewhere in Manchester, onwards and upwards. JJC.
fatboyjoe90

John, Everton played well last night, good luck for the away game, :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.
Thommos sister

Thanks J.J it will be tomorrow before I get a write up in our paper.
Cheers
Tina
bob. b

John Enjoyed the game well done Everton come on Everton 2nd leg. :wink: :wink:
henry

We're both nearly at Wembley (bring it on) :P
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
lily8

Well done EFC :D
Lily
Eddy Lloyd

Good result for the toffees they will come at you in the return game leaving gaps at the back like they did with us. Best of luck to both teams.
bob. b

Hope we both get there.

Then we will show the world how supporters react together.
Brunnyboy

hard work still to come john
bob. b

Alan they can do it mate :P :P :P got my bet on :P :P
Danny Hegarty

What a game, must have been brilliant for the neutrals and armchair supporters (like myself), just goes to show what the difference between players who are on a fortune in wages and those on a semi normal wage, City played with an attitude of, we will just pass it around and sooner or later we will score, which they did, but the attitude and commitment that we played with gave us belief in ourselves and we just go better and better, even going for the third goal when we were down to ten men, i think Besic gave Martinez a lot to think about in our next premiership game, he has a presence that gets the whole team going, the whole team played brilliant in my opinion, and it looks like we have a team that is going upwards, if as Martinez says ,no player is going in this window is true,then a little bit of tweaking and keeping everyone as fit as possible, we will have a team that will reach the top heights in the next few seasons, no this will not be our year as far as title challegers, but we are a club building momentum, slowly but getting there, N S O P
john j connell

Strange game today, always a bit nervy in the 3rd round, still not to worry we are in the hat for the the draw on Monday, which by the way will be live on the One Show on Monday evening, i know that because the F A Cup is sponsored it has to be on television but i would love it to return to the days when it was broadcast live on a Monday at 12-30 on the radio, households and workplaces would come to a standstill to listen to it, (.but once again money talks) JJC. ps, Everton are number 20 and Exeter are number 5. pps, forgot to add that Liverpool will also be number 5 in the draw.
bob. b

John got a copy of Alan Ball remember DVD fantastic would recommend it great stores. regards bob
john j connell

I had the D V D Bob, sent it to my son in Australia. Alan Ball was without doubt the best player ever to wear an Everton shirt that i have ever seen. JJC.
Brunnyboy

nice easy draw for us
john j connell

Is right Alan, eezy peezy, i really do hope it is Carlisle that we play, i have a soft spot for them, even after them doing the double over us in 74/75 (Chris Balderstone anyone) they have really suffered due to the floods in Cumbria. i have seen photographs of flood water as high as the crossbar at their Brunton Park ground, they will welcome a tie against Prem opposition to generate much needed revenue. JJC.
oldroanerroamer

Carlisle got a new pitch laid yesterday delivered free by Eddie Stobart their sponsor. First home game since flooding 23rd January then hopefully EFC the following weekend.
oldroanerroamer

Everton's FA Cup Fourth Round tie will be televised with a 1.30pm kick-off on Sunday 31st January.
Regardless of which club wins the replay between the Cumbrians and the Glovers, the tie will be carried live by BT Sport.
EdMcDonald

Lucky draw at Man City. City should have had a last minute pen. Take a point though. :roll:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
efc46

dont know why Kone still in the first team
Davey Rowlands Bootle
oldroanerroamer

Martinez brought kone with him from Wigan so he plays him whenever he can. Wish he'd treat Robles the same way although Howard did play very well last night.
Eddy Lloyd

Oh dear you had them there for the taking 2-0 up and looking good then a moment of madness let them back into the game however after going 3-2 up in the 90th minute a poor offside decision and in fergie time you were robbed of all three points. Great game for the neutral though.
john j connell

Chelsea v Everton. I thought a draw was a fair result today but when you go 2 nil up you should really be going on to win games like this, the bottom line is you have got to learn how to defend, see the game out until the final whistle. Lots of fans are blaming the officials, the referee for going over the allocated time added on (but it always states that it is a minimum of) and the linesman for not spotting a player in an obvious offside position. as hard as they are to take at the time i am of the opinion that they will even themselves out over a season, (Stones on Sterling for example). lots of debate about how you interpret add ons, such as time per substitution, time spent celebrating goals, time taken over free kicks and goal kicks, the game has moved on, we now have the goal line technology to show whether the ball is over the line or not, it is about time that the referees watch was linked electronically to the scoreboard so that when he stops play for any reason, the amount of time he has stopped it for would recorded on the scoreboard clock, he would also be able to indicate time he was adding on in time added on in injury time. I am sure the powers that be are missing out on some extra money from some well known watch manufacturers sponsoring such an idea. JJC.
Invicta

Very reasoned response John. Looking forward to MOTD tonight, lots of goals but interested to hear Roberto's comments.
Cheers Ken
Eddy Lloyd

Why can't It be like rugby when the game stops the clock stops. simple. End of the 90 minutes the hooter goes.
efc46

re the match 7minutes extra time was over Terry scores an offside goal after fifty odd seconds I wonder if reff had a fergie time watch ??*thats all folks
Davey Rowlands Bootle
bob. b

Well said John credit to you.
He was off side and 90 secs over the added on time.
Ref is a joke :D :D :D
Bernie R

The time over the minimum 7 minutes was down to the exuberant celebrations for the Blues' 3rd goal - echoes of Bournemouth all over again.

Unlucky though to be undone by an offside goal.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Joycen60

I managed to get tickets for this game- fabulous seats just behind the goal.

Evertons main undoing was giving the ball away too much! and seeing the game out. At 3-2 up they had the chance to go for the corner and keep the ball but for some reason went for a fourth goal allowing Chelsea to go on the attack.

Having said that I felt that a draw was a fair result,but Chelsea would have struggled if Willian had not been playing. By far their best player.
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
john j connell

A nice gesture from Everton Football Club: Due to traffic chaos (on Wed 13th Jan) lots of Everton fans heading for Manchester to watch Man City v Everton at the Etihad Stadium missed a fair portion of the game or just turned around and headed home and missed the whole game. As an act of goodwill Everton Football Club have decided to pay for the match ticket for anyone who purchased a ticket for the league game on the 13th Jan and has also purchased a ticket for the 2nd leg of the Capital One cup against Man city (on Wed 27th Jan)at the Etihad. Well done Everton Football Club. JJC.
john j connell

Really sorry to see Steven Naismith leave Everton, he wasn't blessed with sublime skill, but what you got from him was 100% commitment, a little bit feisty with a never say die attitude. In this day and age of mamby pamby superstar footballers he is what i would call a proper footballer. Off the field he has done a lot of work for charities that involved the homeless and the unemployed, he is a credit to the game, ps, fancy him to get a hat trick if he makes his debut this Saturday 23rd, (have not got a clue who Norwich are playing on Sat) JJC.
henry

I think they are playing a team higher in the league than everton
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

Everton v Swansea. First half performance was not good enough (the poorest i have witnessed Everton play this season), the second half was much better, but if you are going to miss chances from 2 yards out you are not going to give yourselves a chance to win a game. It is over and done with now, regroup and move on to the next game. JJC.
Eddy Lloyd

it looked like Swansea were the home team in the first half John missed chances cost you the game
EdMcDonald

Glad I taped the game. Terrible to watch that lot go through their paces. Slow foxtrot must be part of the training sessions.
Lukaku, Stones and maybe even Barkley are playing like they had hangovers. Glad I could fast forward and not have to sit through it all.
Goodbye Mr.Martinez. Time for you to go.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink: