EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

No probs mate :wink:

Keith
Invicta

Usmanov’s $650 million super yacht berthed in Southampton. Next stop Bramley Moore. K
Paul

Ken :lol: :lol:

Paul
Born Kirk Street
john j connell

Since the resumption of the Premier League i have not been impressed with the games i have watched up to now, having said that, i was not overly impressed before the break.
I think everyone will agree with me that this season has turned out to be the poorest since the Prem started, obviously Liverpool Football Club are going to be crowned champions (not on Sunday) of a very poor league, everything fell into place for them as regards the top 6 (and i include Everton in that) all going through a season of transition but fair play to Liverpool they took advantage, (a bit like Leicester in 2015/16). Next season should be interesting.
It is going to be strange watching a home game on the telly. JJC.
Bonesy

Don't forget your knickers fellas !!!! :shock:

Keith
henry

john j connell wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:44 pm Since the resumption of the Premier League i have not been impressed with the games i have watched up to now, having said that, i was not overly impressed before the break.
I think everyone will agree with me that this season has turned out to be the poorest since the Prem started, obviously Liverpool Football Club are going to be crowned champions (not on Sunday) of a very poor league, everything fell into place for them as regards the top 6 (and i include Everton in that) all going through a season of transition but fair play to Liverpool they took advantage, (a bit like Leicester in 2015/16). Next season should be interesting.
It is going to be strange watching a home game on the telly. JJC.
How can it be Strange when you are going to watch The Champions Of The World
It will be a honour for Goodison and their fans to welcome a great team of C.O T.W who will put on a exhibition and probably win 3-0(buying money)
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

Champions of the World, makes me chuckle that. JJC.
henry

Soon be champions of England
Reigning champions of Europe
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Not quite right Henry although very similar words.

SOON be Champions of England.

LATE Reigning Champions of Europe.

SOON to be LATE Champions of England.

Enjoy it while it lasted.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
henry

IME still enjoying it and at this moment in time still Reigning Champions of Europe
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Good for you mate but remember.....

At least your dandelions will still be on top next season and they are home grown, too.
john j connell

Could've won it, should've won it, poorest visiting team at Goodison this season.JJC.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

For the first time ever, in over seventy years, I was completely bored with a 'derby' game.

It was a training session without any feeling and gave the impression that the teams were happy before the start to have a 0 - 0 game. Neither side deserved any better.

I actually turned it off before half time, knowing that it was going to be a 0-0 game, and watched something else. The whole idea of playing games behind closed doors is a complete waste of time, should be scrapped, and accept the table as it is.
john j connell

A decent win for the blue boys, onwards and upwards, a bit of a dilemma right now, do i watch the Crystal Palace game or shall i wash/clean a few brushes and rollers, guess what, no contest brushes and rollers win hands down. JJC.
Paul

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul
Born Kirk Street
henry

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 pm For the first time ever, in over seventy years, I was completely bored with a 'derby' game.

It was a training session without any feeling and gave the impression that the teams were happy before the start to have a 0 - 0 game. Neither side deserved any better.

I actually turned it off before half time, knowing that it was going to be a 0-0 game, and watched something else. The whole idea of playing games behind closed doors is a complete waste of time, should be scrapped, and accept the table as it is.
It could have turned into one of the greatest games you would have missed a bit like the reds when they came back at half time to win one of the greatest games in the history of the champions league finals
I've always watched all the games and never turned off even when watching boring games like at goodison
john j connell

The public health crisis seems to have been ignored by some mindless fans attached to Liverpool Football Club, after the disgraceful scenes at the Pierhead i dread to think what will happen on July 5th when Liverpool play at Anfield for the first time since being crowned champions of the English Premier League. I personally am hoping that sense prevails and the fans remain at home, (not holding my breath), just to add to the woes of the police and the city council the pubs will have reopened by then and that is not going to help the situation. I sincerely hope i am proved wrong and that it goes off trouble free. JJC.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

The famous words of Shankley saying Football is more important than life and death are completely incorrect to a normal person.

Normal people see the dangers and abide by the rules. Many Brits do not and scenes from British beaches show it is not only football fans who act like lemmings. Sadly, unlike lemmings, their insane acts will kill the innocent. Akin to crazy drunk drivers who never think it can happen to them....until it does.

LFC are not alone in having ignorant, almost to the point of insane, supporters

I say again....it is a very sad world we live in. :roll:
Bill fawcett

john j connell wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:44 pm The public health crisis seems to have been ignored by some mindless fans attached to Liverpool Football Club, after the disgraceful scenes at the Pierhead i dread to think what will happen on July 5th when Liverpool play at Anfield for the first time since being crowned champions of the English Premier League. I personally am hoping that sense prevails and the fans remain at home, (not holding my breath), just to add to the woes of the police and the city council the pubs will have reopened by then and that is not going to help the situation. I sincerely hope i am proved wrong and that it goes off trouble free. JJC.
John, I agree with you that there are a lot of mindless fans attached to LFC, but do you honestly think that Everton fans, or any other fans, would have behaved any differently if theIr club had become the champions? There was never a ‘cat in hells’ chance that the fans would stay at home, and anyone who thought they would, are off their heads.

Bill
john j connell

Bill, i am in total agreement with you that fans of other clubs would have wanted to celebrate the occasion, the fact that it occurred at this unparalleled time in our lives didn't help. Just read what Mr Klopp has said in an open letter to Liverpool fans, you would think that his plea would have no trouble getting through to the reasonable fans but as both you and i know, it will be the knuckle draggers that will make the headlines. JJC.
efc46

I agree there is always party poopers in EVERY CLUB
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Everton v Leicester, a win is a win, solid 3 points, brilliant defensively, top manager Carlo Ancelotti, game management is superb, we would have lost that game had Marco Silva still been in charge.
We are so lucky to have Carlo, he fills me with optimism for the future, Everton will be a force to be reckoned with when proper football resumes.JJC.
john j connell

Seeing footage of the Dixie Dean statue at Goodison Park engulfed in smoke and flames from flares placed on the statue yesterday, total disrespect from whoever did it. JJC.
efc46

watched everton on my phone last night there was no player tried I dont think these players should be payed for a performance like that just a waste of time wot a double rotten game very disapointed instead of 3nil wolves deserved more
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Very disappointed and will probably cancel the football facility on my TV. The Gold Channel Fools and Horses is much more entertaining, not just Everton but the whole boring, repetitive professional football set up.

The performance and result was just as I expected as Everton really have had no attacking threat whatsoever for quite some time. I am sure the manager is fully aware of this and will be looking for replacements, if they become available.

I think he will be having a very busy close season and hopefully earn his massive wage.. :roll:
Bonesy

Ashamed to say didn't even know they were playing yesterday. The result didn't come as a surprise.
Doubt if I will be watching many more matches until the supporters return.
Can't imagine watching the FA Cup Final in a empty Wembley😕😕😕

Keith
henry

There still would be more atmosphere there than Goodison
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Wembley, Goodison, Anfield ….any ground in the country...... has lost all atmosphere. No crowd...no atmosphere...no enjoyment. Anyone who imagines anything other than this is surely as daft as a Trump supporter. Braindead. (Or brainwashed)

The most successful team in the country, LFC has nothing without their crowd. Sadly, they deserve more but their title is hollow as a result. Very nice but not nearly as good as being one of the crowd at the game. Hopefully they might get a repeat next season with crowds at the ground to properly relish it.

Generally football fans are blind to the fact that the game is supposed to be entertaining. I have not even been entertained by the world beating and prolific scoring of the supposedly best entertainers, Man City. We all know their the next pass is going whereas with less skilled teams that don't even know where the next pass is going. Even more boring.

LFC have a different, and this season more successful style, but we still know, as do the players, where the next pass is going.

The success of the countries best two teams is boring without the 'crowd'. The absent crowd is bored without the game.

Football fans thrive on good results and trophies.... that is such a hollow expectation.

I hope that this post revives a little, much needed, 'zing' in proceedings on our footie threads.
Bonesy

What a very good post Ernie, I think you nailed it other than Liverpool's title win being hollow, surely a victory is a victory.
Henry, tut,tut,tut :D

Keith
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Thanks Keith.

Not a reply I expected. I am sure it will turn out to be much better than the wrath I anticipate from 'you know who' :roll: .
john j connell

The Premier League as we know it, ended in March and since the resumption, the matches have not been worth a carrot, glorified training sessions. Having said that it is still not an excuse to not give of your all.
My team have stunk the place out in their last few games, no heart, no passion and no energy, i d not blame any of this on the current manager, he inherited some dross from the previous three managers (exceptions, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Lucas Digne and the yet to be proven Moise Kean and Anthony Gordon, add Gomes Coleman and Baines and that is about the sum total of who you keep)the rest need to be shown the door.
As for Everton having no attacking threat, i use the analogy of myself as a painter and decorator, if i am not supplied with the correct materials the job does not get done, Everton have absolutely no midfield so the forwards are not getting the supply they need, no supply no end product. i am certain that Mr Ancelotti, with his knowledge and worldwide respect, will rectify the problems that are holding Everton back from competing with the best in the prem, the likes of your Machester City and Manchester United.
I still cannot for the life of me get used to watching my team on the telly when they are playing at home. JJC.
john j connell

Delighted (you could say, over the blue moon) to learn that (Manchester City) this season's eventual winners of the U E FA Champions League have been successful with their appeal against their Champions League ban, turns out everything was legit and above board. Happy days, World domination awaits the Citizens. JJC.
Bonesy

Sharp intake of breath John.
Stand to attention for the flack, (that's the second time I've used that phrase in the last few days)

Keith
john j connell

I am not expecting any flack Keith, all of the reds are in agreement with me. JJC.
john j connell

Better from the blues, much better, (don't want the season to end now) JJC.