EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
EdMcDonald

What a difference this team is from what fat Sam used to turn out. Three more goals from DCL as well. Happy days. So far anyway.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

Ed, injuries have taken the shine off what was a fine win but as you say we have a newfound confidence, a bit of depth in the squad now so hopefully the injuries will not really affect the performance, the only downside to the night was your good self mentioning the huge fraud that once managed our beautiful football club. JJC.
filsgreen

A few stats, John.

Everton have won each of their opening six games of a campaign for the first time since 1938-39.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin became the first Everton player to score a hat-trick in the League Cup since Paul Rideout vs Lincoln City in September 1993.
john j connell

Dizzy,
I'm so dizzy my head is spinning,
Like a whirlpool it never ends,
And it's you Everton , making it spin,
You're making me dizzy.
One man stands in the way of a good team becoming a great team, (guess who). JJC.
Bernie R

28 more points and the blues are safe! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
john j connell

31 points and the reds are staying up with us. JJC.
john j connell

Just on the phone to the police, our neighbours have let more than 6 in, i counted 7, could well have been more. JJC.
Bill fawcett

:D :D Like it JJC. You are right it could have been 10.

Bill
Bonesy

Oh, I Am Loving this while it lasts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheres Henry? 🤔

Keith
john j connell

Ta Bill, just a joke and a bit of banter, as Keith says just enjoying it while it lasts. JJC.
Bonesy

John 👍 👍 👍

Keith
henry

Bonesy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:43 pm Oh, I Am Loving this while it lasts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheres Henry? 🤔

That was a practice match for us because we are saving our best against you in the Derby

2_0(Buying Money) :P :P :(
Keith
Last edited by henry on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

Yet another signing, Ben Godfrey from Norwich to Everton, take note, this kid is the real deal. What is it with little Everton hoovering up all of the very best talents on the planet, just stop it now, know your place in the broader scheme of things and we shall all get along just fine. JJC.
Bernie R

Wow!

Little Ev win the transfer window again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

henry wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:10 pm
Bonesy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:43 pm Oh, I Am Loving this while it lasts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheres Henry? 🤔

That was a practice match for us because we are saving our best against you in the Derby

2_0(Buying Money) :P :P :(
Keith
2 - 0 is spot on mate, we are at home :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
henry

In 1976, the Reds were reigning champions when smashed 5-1 at Villa Park - all the goals coming in the first half - but went on to retain the title and win the European Cup. :P
john j connell

EVERTON v liverpool, that's the luck that you get when you are riding high at the top of the table, for once we have been on the favourable end of some dodgy decisions. Que sera sera, don't you just love V A R. JJC.
john j connell

EVERTON v liverpool, fully expected liverpool to set up with 10 men in defence yesterday, credit to them though, they were playing EVERTON, the team at the top of the table and they came and had a real good go, a point gained for them. JJC.
henry

Everton sponsors caZOO are doing well with the animals they have got :twisted:
filsgreen

Henry, have you forgot about bitey Suarez and Spit the dog? People in glass houses etc.

henry

Suarez and spit we got shut of
Everton should do the same with your2
filsgreen

You never got rid of carragher, he retired and you cashed in on Suarez, after supporting the racist for three years. Nothing to say about Mane elbowing Tierney in the face?

Here's commentary from the first few minutes of yesterday's
match, courtesy of the BBC. It seem VVD can dish it out, but can't take it, typical coward. What if either of his "I'm the daddy" rash tackles had injured Rodriguez or DC-L, would you be up in arms then, calling him an animal?

Last edited by filsgreen on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john j connell

L F C = offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. JJC.
oldroanerroamer

Typical klopp whingeing to teacher on something that happened in the playground. Pity he wasn't around a few years ago when gerrard stamped on naysmith and not even a yellow
john j connell

Every team has had bad V A R decisions, bad injuries and lost games/points, only one that thinks they should get special treatment, (guess who).
Don't like to see any player get injured, hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for Virgil Van Dijk. JJC.
filsgreen

Here's what the lovable red supporters thought of Van Dyke's early tackles. The hypocrisy of LFC, Klopp and supporters knows no bounds.

https://twitter.com/domingos1878/status ... 49987?s=24
oldroanerroamer

Don't feel sorry for vvd: gerrard didn't give a sh*t about stamping on naysmith
filsgreen

I totally agree that VAR should be removed from the Premier league, however, I don't think it's likely. It creates controversy and debate amongst supporters and therefore interest in games is continued for days.

According to Talksport, Liverpool have had four decisions fall their way last season. against Wolves as VAR decided a touch from Adam Lallana was off his shoulder and not his arm, while Pedro Neto’s equaliser was ruled out after Jonny – the man who assisted him – was offside in the build-up.

Prior to their game with Wolves, the Reds had only seen two decisions go directly in their favour – disallowed goals for Chelsea and Crystal Palace. Mane’s allowed goal on Sunday and Neto’s cancelled effort take their tally to four decisions in their favour.

I don't recall mr Klopp banging down the door of the Premier league to complain about those decisions, or the media going into overdrive about how unfair it was to their opponents.

As an aside, Everton had just one decision go in their favour last season.

https://talksport.com/football/648917/h ... er-league/
Bill fawcett

filsgreen wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm You never got rid of carragher, he retired and you cashed in on Suarez, after supporting the racist for three years. Nothing to say about Mane elbowing Tierney in the face?

Here's commentary from the first few minutes of yesterday's
match, courtesy of the BBC. It seem VVD can dish it out, but can't take it, typical coward. What if either of his "I'm the daddy" rash tackles had injured Rodriguez or DC-L, would you be up in arms then, calling him an animal?

Phil, where does it say anywhere in your posting that VVD can’t take it, or is a coward? He did at the beginning of the match what most defenders do, and that is let their opponents know that they’re there. Who committed more fouls early on than Allen. The TV commentators even said they could not understand how it took so long for him to be booked. I have no beef with Allen as he was doing what he is payed for, the same as VVD was. As you state Rodriguez nor DC-L were injured. That is because VVD’s tackles were not dangerous, which is more than can be said of Pickford’s or Richarlison’s. I.MO.it is very childish of any supporters to bring up past misdemeanors by other players from past matches, who have nothing at all to do with this weekends happenings.

Bill
Bill fawcett

oldroanerroamer wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:30 pm Don't feel sorry for vvd: gerrard didn't give a sh*t about stamping on naysmith
Very childish comment! What on earth have Gerard & Naysmith got to do with VVD.
If Angela Merkel got seriously injured tomorrow, you would probably say “don’t feel sorry for her, Hitler didn’t care about us”
You should change your name to oldroanmoaner.

Bill
filsgreen

You don't think Van Dyke can control his tackles, do you, Bill, and you think that Pickford clatter was a serious attempt to injured? Any tackle can turn nasty, look at Son on Gomez last year. Like Son, Pickford's tackle was clumsy, but i doubt there was malicious intent.

My examples were to demonstrate the hypocrisy, of LFC, especially of Gaeme Souness, where he said on Sky that Pickford assaulted VVD. Talk about calling the pot, black.
Bill fawcett

Phil, of course VVD can control his tackles, the same as any other defender can. His tackles were not dangerous, whereas Pickfords most definitely was. Of course it was not intended to injure Van Dyke but it was most definitely ‘dangerous’ and merited a sending off on that basis. I have to agree with you on Souness definitely being no angel.

Bill
oldroanerroamer

Pickford not guilty, end of.

He spread himself and went for the ball, no way he could pull out of it.
Eddy Lloyd

Horrendous tackle, anyone who played football would agree.
Bonesy

My tuppence worth for what it's worth.
As a blue I went sick thinking we had lost the keeper so early in the game.
Couldn't believe he wasn't sent off for such a horrendous challenge albeit unintentional. IMHO
As a retired ref, deffo he would have gone without hesitation.

Keith