EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Mack
Site Admin

Agree Bern :D

Good stuff :)

Mack
Tommy L

Bonesy

Great that Tommy.
Fantastic victory last night. So pleased for Beto in getting his first premiership goal.
Without the unfair 10 point deduction, we would be on 20 points, in the top half of the table and sitting above Chelsea, who will hopefully be our next victims on Sunday. :D

Keith
Last edited by Bonesy on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Good one Tommy :D

Paul
Born Kirk Street
filsgreen

Another cracking result. Since the Arsenal game, which was the low point of the season, our record is: P12 W9 D1 L2. 😁
john j connell

Perpetual bliss. onwards and upwards. JJC.
graham

I am a strong Liverpool supporter but am against Everton having points deducted for something that the owners etc did against the rules
Deducting points penalises both fans and players who have done nothing wrong may find the team relegated although I hope this is n ot the case.
A Merry Christmas and a Healthy & Happy New year to all
Bonesy

Well said, Graham. 👏👏👏

Keith
filsgreen

Great result, long may it continue. :D 👏
john j connell

Superb, starting to get used to this winning malarky. Onwards and upwards.JJC.
efc46

EFC Fans suffer what did the fans do to F.A Answer is F##### A####
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

One of those nights but that is what you get when you have a player showboating taking a decisive penalty kick that would have been the winning goal had it gone in. Still onwards and upwards. JJC.
ALAMO2008

john j connell

I have the same print, Everton won that one 6-0, nice one thank you. JJC.
john j connell

Everton v Tottenham. Genuinely can not believe that Everton came away from that game with no points, disappointed but on the positive side the team/club is displaying togetherness/resilience that was lacking under some of our previous managers. onwards and upwards.JJC.
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya ALAMO2008.

I've moved your post over to our 'EFC - talk about Everton Football club here' section.

Mack
john j connell

Everton v City, just on my way out to the game, a lot to be said for summer football on nights like these. Up the Toffees. JJC.
john j connell

No real shame in getting beaten by Manchester City last night, The players that we had available put in a shift but the quality of Manchester City shone through in the end. (City fans chanting cheats towards Everton made me chuckle). We go again, onwards and upwards for the blues. JJC.
filsgreen

It's all we can do, John. Turn up for the books, Arsenal getting beat. 🤔
filsgreen

I'm trying to take it easy here, but it's so hard. I thought my optimism would be soaring like an eagle, but its diminishing. :(
john j connell

Three tough games in seven days,
Eight games in December,
Throw in a threadbare squad with important players out through injury and to be honest we set with the wrong formation today, (not a big fan of 5 at the back)
Being back to one game a week soon will give us time to regroup and hopefully get back to winning ways. onwards and hopefully upwards.JJC.
efc46

I think both manager an players the players stood in the defensive half the best best form of defence Attack the manager says the players were tired (All Them GAMES) all the other teams had a big week too very embarrassing we were outplayed
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Crystal Palace v Everton. V A R is sucking the life out of football. JJC.
efc46

Think the game is being killed by technoligy so called experts analyzing every thing but when it suits the decision goes the other way money money money its a rich teams game remember that
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Has anyone else noted the trait on this Everton FC subject.

Same handful of would be managers who only contribute when Everton have a few good results. No news here since January 6th which so that speaks volumes.

I thought that there may be something interesting to write about other than winning and losing.

I suppose if Dan was a blues fan his style might involve googling something worth reading.

The fact that Everton are now out of the Cup could be a blessing in disguise and enable them to concentrate on the many more important ongoing concerns.

The site generally needs spicing up and a I would hope that this entry might help in that direction and stir up few responses. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bernie R

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:54 pm
I suppose if Dan was a blues fan his style might involve googling something worth reading.
Be careful what you wish for there, Ernie :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Scouse humour is at its best when innuendo is involved. Its pleasing how quickly you picked that up in this case. Good thing is that it has attracted at least one response and my aim was to attract some input. Something that is generally sadly lacking at the moment on this site. :wink: :wink: :wink: At the moment folk seem have as much interest as a sheik at a sand auction. :lol:
filsgreen

Hiya Ernie, I'm glad to see you posting
again, congratulations on your retirement, I'm due to go in May, but I'll probably end up doing bank shifts there. 😁

I recently posted on Loretta's holiday thread, about my upcoming jaunts, zero interest was shown, so I deleted it. Same with the last pop teaser I set, I was posting clues all over the forum, but once again, little interest was shown. Eventually, Bernie got it.

Due to that, I decided to take a break, as the interest in the forum has waned over the last few months. However, I have decided to give my 2 cents worth on your contention.

Why would you expect a positive response to your post, when you refer to Keith, John, myself and other members who have contributed to the EFC thread as "would be managers"?

Your remark is probably not going to elicit a positive response from your fellow peers, as it may be construed as disrespectful.

However, knowing you, I would probably say it's meant as tongue in cheek, or maybe to garner a response. On that point, well done. 😉

All Evertonians have done on this thread, is no different to what Bernie and other Liverpool fans on the forum do, they offered opinions

You contend that we only post when we're winning, but what do you expect? It's been very hard to maintain enthusiasm over the last few years, as you can imagine and are burnt out with it all. Would you prefer to read negative posts, ad infinitum, about Everton's poor results and the Premier League doing their best to kill the club?

Liverpool are in a cup final, Klopp is leaving, they've just progressed to the fifth round and they are sitting at the top of the league. Yet, since the start of January there have only been nineteen posts.

With all that success to talk about, you would expect more input, as its very easy to post positive content when you're winning and doing well, but just like the Evertonians and this forum, apathy rules, but who cares anyway?

As to your assertion about Everton being out of the FA Cup, I concur. Realistically, Everton had little chance of winning it, yet lots to lose on the journey. The squad is threadbare and we can't afford any more injuries.

So yes, focus on the league and consolidate at the end of the season, when hopefully we will have good news. 🤞🤞
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Seems you know me quite well although we have never met. :lol:

I am waiting to see if there is any more interest before I present my defense. :roll:

Nice to see you posting again my friend.

On another matter..... but, having thought about this I will start ( or try to) another site blog equally or even more contentious I hope.

I often think about how your 'new' house has worked out. Stay HAPPY. :wink:
Tommy L

Ernie ,

The term Pot / Kettle springs to mind when you highlight the lack of activity on the EFC Topic :shock:

You posted 4 times on that topic in 2023 and 16 times on the Forum in total…..just over 1 post per month.
Not exactly Ernest Hemingway :)
Maybe there is a good reason but you seem to have got a second wind this year 2024 ?
Your posts in January nearly total 2023 as a whole…….which is great as a number of past regular posters seem to be ‘’resting’’.

I have been an Everton supporter for 70 years and there are a number of dedicated Everton Fan Forums available online to put a viewpoint or let steam off .

I enjoy the quiz element on here and favour that as it helps keep the brain from going to mush !
An erudite chap like yourself could join in and counter some of the apathy that Phil referred to ??
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Hi Tommy.

Thanks for your much appreciated interest and views. Much appreciated.

I know little of you but have taken a leaf out of your book and done a little research, it being just one of my favourite subjects. (Another being banter). I really hope that we progress into many more friendly exchanges.

However son, it seems I am ahead of you in some respects.

I was one of the 78000 plus record crowd at Goodison but before that my first visit to watch to Blues was as follows:-

Everton v Arsenal, 13 March 1948
Score 2-0 to Arsenal
Competition League Division One
Venue Goodison Park
Attendance 64,059
View Everton v Arsenal head to head
0Everton
2Arsenal
Goals:
Goals:
Denis Compton G
Denis Compton G
Starting lineup:
GoalkeeperTed Sagar
Right backGeorge Saunders
Left backGordon Dugdale
Centre halfJohn Humphreys
Centre halfMaurice Lindley
Wing halfPeter Farrell
Wing halfJackie Grant
Wing halfCyril Lello
Outside LeftTommy Eglington
Centre forwardCliff Pinchbeck
Inside forwardWally Fielding
Starting lineup:
George SwindinGoalkeeper
Walley BarnesFull back
Laurie ScottFull back
Les ComptonCentre half
Alex ForbesWing half
Joe MercerWing half
Denis ComptonOutside Left
Reg LewisCentre forward
Ronnie RookeCentre forward
Jimmy LogieInside forward
Archie MacAulayInside Forward/Wing half

Joe Mercer had just been transferred from Everton to Arsenal.

My support started with this 2-0 defeat and I didn't realise there were so many to follow but I am still, in my 90 year on this Earth, a true blue. Not so much a fan but more of an optimist and long suffering at that.

You are relatively new to the site so your facts are a little off. My posts, for example, are around the 5000 mark but several thousand were deleted when Mack did a clear out a few years ago.

I am a published author and you can find my life tale, from a Bootle kid to 2010, on Erniewho.com

As well as being a fan of the Blues I was privileged to spend time on the Goodison pitch with the likes of Howard Kendal and Joe Royle. I signed as a player for the Reds when they had a crap manager (Don Welsh) and were relegated. I only lasted the same time as the manager (One Season) so I was probably crap too.

Lets keep it going Tommy. We might breath some life back into this site or at least bring a knowing smile to others.

'Erudite' is a good word and may cause one or two to search Google. My history on that subject shows that I had zero education due to the long lasting devastation of WW2 Bootle Blitz but was fortunate to make up for that when I matured and saw the light.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

This thread has gone a bit quiet but I thought I would add another glitch possibility I have noticed in the points deduction saga.

Word has it that M/City will have their case dealt with in 2025 but Everton have been subjected to fast track rules introduced since City were charged.

Everton could possibly be relegated with Burnley and Sheff.Utd due to the points deduction but if City are punished with relegation due to their alleged offences then it will not be till 2025/2026 season when only two others will go down with them .

Ridiculous set of possibilities..

I just hope this silly anomaly will be put right.
efc46

Everton its like havin a noose around. their neck waitin the F .A ./ to open the trap door shame on the F A what a worry for us blues
Davey Rowlands Bootle
filsgreen

Hi guys. What do you think about the four points reduction? Personally, I think the PL have shot themselves in the foot, and it's a PR disaster for them.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Agreed. Disaster and complete and utter shambles.

However, the end result, in my opinion is fair. Now I can stop checking the sports news every day.

We broke the rules as they were (albeit the fault of an owner who is simply now walking away) and deserve punishment, Now we should expect similar penalty for the new charge and cater for another six points deduction, unless, of course, we have been charged for the same indiscretion. Sadly, nobody outside of the room knows the true facts and that should be published for all to see. .

Four points better than yesterday, further up in the table and a good squad for the first time in years. Things should get better with a bit more luck, The actual squad will benefit mentally from this successful appeal and results should improve as a result.

Away form this season has been the best I have known in donkeys years. Home form the worst.