EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Invicta

Keep improving Bern.
Southampton for me next Sunday , poxy kick off time 16.30 pm but at least we can stay over with our Mark.
:D Ken
henry

KOEMAN NAMED AS THE NEW MANAGE OF HOLLAND
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
Bernie R

Walter Smith sacked by Everton - gets the Scotland job.
Roberto Martinez sacked by Everton - gets the Belgium job.
Ronald Koeman sacked by Everton - gets the Holland job.
Fat Sam sacked by England - gets the Everton job!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Invicta

Naughty Bernie :lol: :lol: :lol: K
bernie johno

This could be changed to talk about everton by Liverpool fans and before anyone says anything I never or at least rarely comment on the reds thread as it would only be to be negative and that is something that will bite you on the bum.What happens to former managers of my team are of no concern as they are usually former for a reason :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Bernie R

Bern

We're all one big happy family - just a bit of fun. :lol:

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
EdMcDonald

Bernie R wrote:Bern

We're all one big happy family - just a bit of fun. :lol:

Bern

Happy. I ain't happy at all. After suffering through this season i'm as sad as hell. :evil: Pass the brandy my mates. :wink:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
dannylewis

Big Sam said its just a Blip
bernie johno

Better result big Sam might just be right :D :D :wink:
john j connell

"bernie johno"]Better result big Sam might just be right :D :D :wink:
:D .JJC.
Bonesy

Just copied this from the Litherland fb page.
Nothing to do with footy other than a mention of Colin Harvey. Thought it was a nice story.
The topic that was being talked about was the Old Farm Garage on Sefton Road Litherland.
By Yvonne Mcloughlin.

I worked there on the petrol pumps when I first left school. that would have been around 1967. I remember Maurice the mechanic and his apprentice Stan. Duggie Windle was in charge of the forecourt. Kiwi (Spencer Crawford Falkner to give him his proper name) was the general, wonderful do anything guy. Mr Piet lived in the flat upstairs and was the Boss over the petrol side, Mr Robertshaw was in charge of the Car sales and I am sorrry but I can't remember the name of the Mechanic side of things. I loved working there, especially as it was only over the road from our house in Gale Road. One day Colin Harvey (Everton player) came in, I always thought he was great, and the garage guys had set it up for him to take a test drive in an Austin Healey Sprite. When he arrived he said that these little cars always went better with two, so he asked me to go with him for the test drive (it was all a set up by my lovely bosses!). We roared up Sefton Road and onto the Formby By-Pass at a (for me) staggering speed and back again. When we got back whith me shell-shocked, Colin Harvey got out of the car, came round and opened my door, handed me out then kissed my hand and thanked me for my company. What an absolute gentleman he was! Oh happy days!!!!!

Keith
bernie johno

great story Keith thanks for sharing :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

Went the house in goodison road before the game yesterday few cans of lager before and after the match there is always different people there ex players and even sometimes opposing fans including a few palace fans at the house yesterday one of them was the father of former everton striker Andy Johnson who was very much like his son. Earlier palace center half Scott Dann had been in and signed the wall he was on crutches as he is injured and out for the season Scott is a scouser and I think he is a red :D :D :wink:
lynne99

Not about the game but defo about Everton. As goodison is the first purpose built football stadium in the country 1892 , shoundn't it be listed. When the are all demolishd and replaced they will all be repenting it. Just something to consider.
oldroanerroamer

Do we know the result of Seamus Colemans scan last weekend or have I missed something?
john j connell

Not heard anything, don't know whether he has gone on the 5 day warm weather break or he has stayed behind to have treatment, the 2 week break from matches may just work in his favour. Fingers crossed it turns out to be only minor. JJC.
bernie johno

lynne99 wrote:Not about the game but defo about Everton. As goodison is the first purpose built football stadium in the country 1892 , shoundn't it be listed. When the are all demolishd and replaced they will all be repenting it. Just something to consider.
Got to move forward Lynne but Everton in the community will insure there will be a lasting legacy in the l4 area
bernie johno

In April 1948, Everton played a friendly against a Cumberland XI. However, while they were on their way to the match, the team was held up for nearly an hour because their coach drove into a flock of sheep. 13 sheep were killed. #EFC
strange but true :D :D :wink:
lynne99

Before I was born Bernie :D
bernie johno

lynne99 wrote:Before I was born Bernie :D
Me to lynne ten years before :D :D :wink:
dannylewis

Shame about the sheep they had just beaten ''''''''''n 2,nil
lynne99

Bernie, the tale of the sheep did not even feature in my Aunty Doris' bedtime stories of Everton, unlike Dixie Dean. Don't suppose there was enough space she was a very big Dixie fan. :D
john j connell

(lynne99]Before I was born Bernie.

The year i was born.
lynne, good memories come from good story telling, your aunt was obviously a good story teller. JJC.
bernie johno

Yes we all have are little story's over our lifetime I have so many little tales of watching the blues from the boys pen to sheff united my first away game excluding anfield of course as we went there with mates as well.
Not going to Watford next week bit to soon but have booked on the bus for Burnley as it is a closer trip :D :D :wink:
lynne99

Bernie, I'm so glad you're getting back to normal. Good luck and hope it continues . Don't forget to tell your kids and garndkids your tales, they will live for ever.
john j connell

Bernie, have you renewed your season ticket for next season yet, just done mine, adult (concession) 299-00 and two juniors 2 x 149-00 ,(getting brought up the right way, scousers you see) less than 6 ton for 3 people, how good is that. JJC.
lynne99

Brilliant Value for money :D Wish I was closer. Have a shout for me !!
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Bernie, have you renewed your season ticket for next season yet, just done mine, adult (concession) 299-00 and two juniors 2 x 149-00 ,(getting brought up the right way, scousers you see) less than 6 ton for 3 people, how good is that. JJC.
I have till early april to renew mine John just phone up and pay 550 for mine. Hows the foot hope you can get back to your seat soon mate it must feel strange in a different part of the ground after all these years :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Robert Firminio will not be charged by the FA over Mason Holgate race allegations, why am i not surprised, i suppose we can now expect Danny Murphy and co to be asking for Holgate to be banned for life.
Bernie, i should have a better idea of what is happening by this time next week, fingers crossed for a bit of good news. JJC.
Invicta

Why Am I not surprised you’d make a crass comment JJC. Sad & bitter. K
oldroanerroamer

Just banter when it suits the RS though
john j connell

oldroanerroamer wrote:Just banter when it suits the RS though
Permission to give you a like for that comment oldroanerroamer. JJC.
Invicta

Not banter, just the usual cheap shot we’ve come to expect. K
bernie johno

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... h-14321324
why am I not surprised another great gesture by Bill Kenright and everton fc from Bradley lowery to 30 years of everton in the community well done my club
dannylewis

Lets be honest Holgate looks to have been lying its sad when these players play the race card . the ref was 1 yard away and never heared nothing even the lip readers say he was lying , like the tale over Evra and Suarez , some bad stuff has been creeping into the game over the last few years , i was'nt happy to see Salha trying to get a player booked last game , but on a lighter note as Berni said full marks to Bill Kenright , for the work he dose in the commuity .