EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
EdMcDonald

Had the game recorded as I wasn't going to get up early and watch that garbage again. Last week was the straw that broke the camels back. This week we must have bought a new camel. Everton were brilliant as Man. United were terrible. Digne, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Gueye and Zouma (no one with an English name) all stood out. Why isn,t there any names like - Smith, Brown, Jones, Roberts or White.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

Battered them, good energy, good heart = good performance, you just have to believe the team is heading in the right direction.
Everton is in the same position as Tottenham Hotspur found themselves in 3 seasons ago, it's all about building blocks and continuity, stick with the plan and it will pay dividends.
Talking of Tottenham Hotspur, i firmly believe that they will be the major force in the Premier League from next season, everything is falling into place for them. (looks like i am going to have to purchase another half and half scarf).
A beautiful spring day at a beautiful traditional football ground full of scousers roaring their team on to victory what more could you wish for. JJC.
efc46

the match was on late late night in brisbane best performance wot an effort I have always disliked the gobshites (hope fergie was at the game ) everton E.V.E.R .TO.N.luved it
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Looks like it's going to be a busy night for the street cleaners in Liverpool city centre and the home counties, mountains, and I mean mountains of discarded half and half Manchester United/Liverpool scarves outside of pubs and clubs. JJC.
EdMcDonald

john j connell wrote:Looks like it's going to be a busy night for the street cleaners in Liverpool city centre and the home counties, mountains, and I mean mountains of discarded half and half Manchester United/Liverpool scarves outside of pubs and clubs. JJC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
fatboyjoe90

Everton chief Bill Kenwright has made a brilliant gesture to the travelling fans on their way to Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon. :wink:

Cheers Joe.
john j connell

fatboyjoe90 wrote:Everton chief Bill Kenwright has made a brilliant gesture to the travelling fans on their way to Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon. :wink:

Nice one Joe, thank you for putting it up., the thought is worth more than the money, take a bow Mr Kenwright. JJC.
john j connell

john j connell wrote:Looks like it's going to be a busy night for the street cleaners in Liverpool city centre and the home counties, mountains, and I mean mountains of discarded half and half Manchester United/Liverpool scarves outside of pubs and clubs. JJC.
Just substitute Burnley for Manchester United.JJC.
bernie johno

the holy trinity statue unveiled last night before the game it is outside the church on goodison rd and is said it will remain there even when everton move to the bramley moor dock :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
bernie johno

comfortable win last night wish our season was only just starting as we have played really well of late looking forward to the spurs match now and having a look around there new ground :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Bernie, as you say a comfortable win, typical of Everton though, just when they appear to have turned the corner the season is about to end.
Thank you for the photos of the Holy Trinity, really impressive even more so when leaving the game and seeing them lit up with the blue light. I would love to see one of Harry Catterick outside of Goodison Park.
Enjoy the new Tottenham ground Bernie, without doubt the best stadium in the Prem, that is until we blow it away when we develop our new riverside stadium. JJC.
bernie johno

took this one after the game john :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Saint Brendan, I have just been reading my weekly edition of the Catholic Times and one article caught my attention, it was about a group of Liverpool Football Club supporters from Oslo (proper reds) seeking an audience with Pope Francis with the aim of having Brendan Beatified (after he dies) if his Leicester City team manage to beat or draw with the magnificent Manchester City, Franky boy, as we know him in our neck of the woods is already considering the same for Rafa after his team rolled over yesterday.
Just a couple of things for Brendan to consider, Herr Klopp stole his job and Herr Klopp is squatting in Brendan's gaff in Freshfield, rumour has it that he hasn't paid a penny in rent for 4 years and the place resembles a tip.
Leicester City scarves, get your Leicester City scarves, selling fast, JJC.
john j connell

Well in Brendan lad, teach them to sack you, you got your own back good style. JJC.
john j connell

Ajax v Tottenham Hotspur, without doubt, the best/greatest comeback from a team that i have ever seen and away from home as well,should make for a good final. I think Liverpool would have walked it against Ajax but Tottenham will be a different proposition, they were by far the better team in the prem v Liverpool this season and by far the best team that i have seen at Goodison this season. JJC.
Eddy Lloyd

John, you wouldn't be a little biased by any chance :)
henry

What do you mean Eddy a little :shock:
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

henry wrote:What do you mean Eddy a little :shock:
Yeh, what do you mean by little Eddy, i'm sad, hurt, angry, mad, and disappointed that you describe my obvious festering bias as little. JJC.
john j connell

I see that Footy Headlines.com has leaked a picture of the new Liverpool F. C. away shirt and it features (wait for it) a BLUE Liverbird crest, finally acknowledging that we (Everton Football Club) own the iconic symbol of the Liverbirds. JJC. ps, a pic of it would be nice.
BOBHAMO

Hi John i look at all the football posts but it can cause friction
blues and reds may never agree
lets hope we all end up still as mates
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
john j connell

Wise words Bob, some people take it far too seriously and it can lead to friction, they should learn to read between the lines, i am certain that away from the banter on the site that most of us would get on famously if we ever met and football would not get a mention. JJC.
henry

Your spot on John as when we had our Bootle forum nights we very rarely talked footie
john j connell

Stop it Henry, they will be getting John and Henry finally agree on something tee shirts printed. JJC. (In blue, of course) :D
Eddy Lloyd

john j connell wrote:
henry wrote:What do you mean Eddy a little :shock:
Yeh, what do you mean by little Eddy, i'm sad, hurt, angry, mad, and disappointed that you describe my obvious festering bias as little. JJC.
John :) :)
henry

john j connell wrote:Stop it Henry, they will be getting John and Henry finally agree on something tee shirts printed. JJC. (In blue, of course) :D
Will have your sky blue one on tomorrow with your yellow scarf
Then on 1 June it will be black and white and not a trace of royal blue in sight.
Just want to thank you for the support for your own city LIVERPOOL but saying that I think you must be a Manc or a cockney in disguise
john j connell

henry wrote:
john j connell wrote:Stop it Henry, they will be getting John and Henry finally agree on something tee shirts printed. JJC. (In blue, of course) :D
Will have your sky blue one on tomorrow with your yellow scarf
Then on 1 June it will be black and white and not a trace of royal blue in sight.
Just want to thank you for the support for your own city LIVERPOOL but saying that I think you must be a Manc or a cockney in disguise
Humour isn't really one of your strong points is it Henry. JJC.
henry

I thought it was very funny and comical
It reminds me of your team :P
john j connell

henry wrote:I thought it was very funny and comical
It reminds me of your team :P
Which team, the Mighty Manchester City or the Teriffic Tottenham. JJC.
henry

Have you finished your support with Barcelona and Newcastle but found another one with Wolves
john j connell

henry wrote:Have you finished your support with Barcelona and Newcastle but found another one with Wolves
Affirmative. JJC.
henry

Your most welcome to join us because there is not many other teams for you to support
john j connell

henry wrote:Your most welcome to join us because there is not many other teams for you to support
Henry, by "us" do you mean the likes of Brighton, Leicester Burnley Manchester United or any other team that has played Manchester City since Liverpool threw away a 7 point lead. JJC.
henry

This time last season we were 21pts behind city so it just goes to show you how much we have improved and we can get even better as its not over yet with 1 game to go
john j connell

A really strong finish to the season for an ever-improving Everton, hugely optimistic for next season, the club is in good hands and heading in the right direction (top 4 no problemo). JJC.
oldroanerroamer

Koppites fail again. 29 years trying to buy the title and it's all gone up in smoke, again. Shame.