EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

I was dreading the derby the other night expecting it to be a hugely embarrassing night for the Blues, thinking we would be thrashed 8-0.
4-1 in my book against a so called "awesome" Liverpool side wasn't that bad considering Everton are so poor at the moment in every department.
Everton have been seriously missing DCL in recent months and hopefully when fit will change our fortunes.
As for Benitez didn't he oversee four trophies in the six years he was at Liverpool ?
Whether he is the right man for Everton only time will tell. We can't carry on changing managers on a whim.
Everton need more commitment from the players, that would be a start.

On the financial side of things things are not all doom and gloom.
Although I'd hate to see them sold, Pickford, DCL and Richarlison are worth collectively
between £250-350 million.

COYB.

Keith
Bernie R

Be lucky to get a pie for £3.25 these days!
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
fatboyjoe90

Everton endured their heaviest derby home defeat for 39 years and have now gone eight matches without a win. Some of the club's fans reacted by chanting “Sack the board” and criticised Bill Kenwright, the chairman, and Marcel Brands, the director of football, as they left their seats before full-time.
Cheers Joe.
Dan

Well worth a couple of photos. :)

Eddy Lloyd

Great goal by Gray.
Bernie R

Following on from the video I shared to the LFC thread re the Anfield Road stand expansion, here's an update on Bramley Moore.

Good news Blues - it's happening...

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

Thanks for that, Bernie. 👍
Bonesy

Dan

Evening Express September 3 1936

9 seasons after the 60 goal season record, Steve Bloomer's Football League all-time goal scoring record fell.

efc46

no more no more Benitas blames everyone BUT HIMSELF he cannot blame others ALL THE TIME wot a sh#T START TO THE NEW YEAR
Davey Rowlands Bootle
efc46

resign Benitez we have know backbone
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bill fawcett

Rafa sacked.

Bill
Bill fawcett

I don’t like saying I warned you when you signed him, but I did say I couldn’t stand the man when he was at Liverpool.

Bill
Bernie R

Easy to say with hindsight but surely this was always an appointment destined for failure.

Rafa would have needed to win the league to win over some of the fan base.

Just a thought - how may recent EFC managers has Drunken Ferguson acted as assistant? I know the fans think he's a legend but is he cutting the mustard as a manager's second in command?

Bern
Bonesy

I was prepared to give Benitez the benefit of the doubt with his vast experience and track record. But it was evident that he wasn't up to the job 10 games or so ago as are most of the players.
Duncan has to go as well, we need a fresh start.
Rooney would be my choice, but what do I know?
Martinez, please No. And no other highly paid "has been".
We need someone with passion and a football mind.

Keith
efc46

we did better today (not in the first half) I am an expat stayed up to watch the blues I got the blues again we carnt blame Benitez now come on EFC
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Championship here we come :roll: :roll:

Keith
efc46

watched the game here in oz ist half ok(maybe) 2nd half WHY did everton let Wolves get the ball in their half no challengers attack score then then disaster disaster no guts threw the towel in
as a fan we only have the players with out a plan how why they are gutless 4 maybe had ago rest did not put the effort in I was6years old when they last went DOWNNNN so disappointed
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bernie R

While I understand the mood, I believe that with 3 games in hand and the state of the other teams down there will save the Blues - mind you, you need to get something from those 3 games!

The game against Burnley is as much a 6 pointer to you as our game with Citeh is to us.
Bonesy

Spot on Bern. All the games now are crucial for their premiership survival.
They really need a win on Thursday against Newcastle and Palace on Sunday.
If the don't get at least four points from those 2 games I fear that they are doomed.

I was at the Wimbledon game in May 94. I just hope it doesn't go to the wire this time round because the pressure was immense.

Keith
Bernie R

When i commented above (14/03), I honestly believed the blues would find a way out of this. Now, I'm not at all sure they will. That game last night was surely a 'must win' if ever there was one.

With the respective oppositions this weekend, Burnley could well swap places with Everton.

Not convinced of Lampard's credentials as a top flight manager.

Sure gonna be an interesting run in - at both ends of the table.

Bern
Bonesy

After the Burnley game the other night and looking at the remaining fixtures i can't see us picking up many more points.
The dreaded drop is looking ever more closer

Keith
Joycen60

Where there are games there is hope! Much better today! will be running into form when they play the reds in a couple of weeks! (Wishful thinking!)
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
Invicta

Hopefully our Reds won't be as bad as those reds Joyce but yes good win. Always like to see the Manc beaten.
Regards
Ken
Ps Are you cruising again yet?
Bernie R

An update on the Blue's new stadium...

Bonesy

Be interesting to see how much of a weakened team Gerrard will put out tonight to ensure 3 points for Burnley.

Keith
Bernie R

Sorry Keith but, for me, if he does, he's excused for doing so if it means he gets the result we need on Sunday. :wink:
Bonesy

I reckon you'll nick it by a point on Sunday.
Fancy City to slip up.
An absolute must win tonight for the blues.
Watching it in a sports bar in Keffie.

Keith
Bernie R

Gawd I hope you're right Keith.

Keep enjoying your hols mate.
efc46

we stay up I really think the whole team including management should ask themselves why they were in the position they were any way turn the page so happy we won great second half as an ex pat I would like to be home at the moment enjoy the moment
Davey Rowlands Bootle
bjones

WELL DONE
Everton
made up for you Blues!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

You heard me the first time.
Last edited by bjones on Sat May 21, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Dan

This was to be expected, with so much money at stake.

"The Premier League’s profit and financial sustainability rules allow clubs to lose a maximum £105m over three years

or face sanctions which include point deductions for serious breaches.

Leeds and Burnley want an independent commission to decide if Everton should face sanctions."

Everton claimed the pandemic helped put their losses £266.8 M over the stipulated limit.

It looks like Leeds will go down.

In which case, it could be a play-off between the Blues and the San Francisco 49ers, who own 44% of Leeds.

It won't be quick. The EPL are still trying to conclude a three year investigation into City's finances.

Newcastle reported £40.2M loss due to covid for the seasons 2019/20 and 2120/21.

Aston Villa reported £56M loss due to covid over the same period.

Arsenal reported £85M loss due to covid.

Everton reported £170M loss due to covid for 2019/20 and 2021/21.
efc46

me an our Len 1992
Davey Rowlands Bootle
efc46

Been a blue all me life that photo of me an our len at prince Ruperts I went home in 1996 davey Rowlands An Len Rowlands Len was the eldest of 12 he past on at 88 still miss im
Davey Rowlands Bootle