EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Eddy Lloyd

Me thinks Rooney has had his day, I think Sam got it wrong today.
efc46

thats why the gobshites unloaded him sorry efc no fire power
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

My, how short is a week in football, or, indeed on the Bootle Site, regarding posts on the same subject.

His record shows that the gobshites are not the people who bought and sold him. At todays rates he must be the bargain of the century. Nobody should be judged on a single game and it is a fact of life that stars are not stars every game. I am far from happy regarding the Blues in general but lets see what the next week brings up?

No fire power is not his fault as he was never brought in as a striker. Let's hope we get one as we certainly need one.
Invicta

The lad has been an outstanding player for both clubs and England. Give him some respect, we all lose something as we get older.
bernie johno

wayne may not of had his best game yesterday but to say he is finished is a bit odd scored the same goals in the prem as lukaku and played less games .
wayne has earned everton ten points this season so without them we would be in the bottom three not bad for someone who is finished
lets see some of our other players step up to the plate one man can not do it all.
loads of blues were against rooney returning but most I talk to have changed there mind (not all)
but it seems a lot of reds like to slag him off is this the man utd connection? :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
john j connell

I am a huge fan of Wayne Rooney and i did and do want him here at Everton Football Club, i can only agree with what Bernie has said, i dread to think where we would be without Wayne Rooney pulling his tripe out every time he pulls on a Royal Blue shirt.
I've just watched the Man City v Watford game and although he is at this moment in time the best player in the world, Kevin de Bruyne has misplaced more passes in this one game than he has done all season, the difference is it tends to get overlooked when you are in a winning team but gets highlighted when you are in a team that is struggling.
As i said earlier i have just watched the City game and in my opinion i can not see the Premier league title heading anywhere other than East Manchester for at least the next 5 years. (Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are the two stand out players in the prem, they are a joy to watch). JJC.
oldroanerroamer

Park the bus tonight, needs must.

Glad Barkleys gone, no respect him running down his contract for no reason. Can't see Chelsea giving him a run in the team he's not good enough therefore Southgate won't play him for England, good riddance.
john j connell

Interesting, the FA will launch an inquiry after Evertons Mason Holgate claimed he was racially abused by a Liverpool player during the Merseyside derby, (i've been racking my brain trying to recall where i have seen reports of a similar nature).
The game itself was a much better spectacle than the last meeting,as for the penalty award, (similar to the Calvert Lewin pen) you will find that they both where penalties, (look in the record books and it will tell you), it is not the end of the world, (don't forget, it was an away game. JJC.
efc46

I thought it was a good game but but I did not like the result but thats football
Davey Rowlands Bootle
henry

john j connell wrote:Interesting, the FA will launch an inquiry after Evertons Mason Holgate claimed he was racially abused by a Liverpool player during the Merseyside derby, (i've been racking my brain trying to recall where i have seen reports of a similar nature).
The game itself was a much better spectacle than the last meeting,as for the penalty award, (similar to the Calvert Lewin pen) you will find that they both where penalties, (look in the record books and it will tell you), it is not the end of the world, (don't forget, it was an away game. JJC.
LOCO PUT A A SWEAR WORD BUT NOT RACIST AND HOLGATE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF FOR MANHANDLING THE REF
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
Eddy Lloyd

Sorry guys but you played much better when Rooney went off. He's had his day.
john j connell

Reports of huge fires breaking out in the Home Counties,Norway and Asia, (fans burning Philippe Coutinho shirts apparently). One or two similar incidents reported in the Merseyside area but up to now the authorities are unable to say whether it was Coutinho or Barkley shirts, (Merseyside) more than likely Barkley shirts i would think. JJC.
john j connell

Looking forward to todays game, hope the new fella (Tosun) gets a run out, i reckon it is about time we started to be a bit more adventurous in our attacking play, obviously you need the players capable of achieving this but i think that with players returning from injury we should be well up for it in the coming months.
Bernie Johno, i know that under normal circumstances you would be somewhere in Northwest London having a few scoops before the game,(not today unfortunately) i will leave it to you to explain why being an Evertonian can be harmful to your well being, talk to you later Bernie. JJC.
henry

Just put my bet on for a 2-2 draw(buying money)
henry

LOST AGAIN BUT TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY AS I WILL BE BACKING THE REDS TO WIN AGAINST CITY 2-0
EdMcDonald

henry wrote:Just put my bet on for a 2-2 draw(buying money)

Henry mate, you must have tons of money to waste. This lot haven't even had a shot on goal. Terrible isn't the word for it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

Embarrassing,we have got to get that left hand side sorted, every team is on to it.JJC.
Bonesy

Words fail me !!!!!!!!!!!
efc46

here in australia did not here or view the match the comments say we are B#llocks dont want to listen to the excuses off the players or management it is the pits being a blue (all me life) roll on season end this team is not aTEAM
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Invicta

I thought the new lad looked a prospect but he must be thinking what he’s done :shock: K
graham01

martina must play a blinder in practise.....gobsmacked again...,., :( :( :(
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
henry

Bonesy wrote:Words fail me !!!!!!!!!!!
I can recommend to you quite a few if need be :wink:
dannylewis

Looks like our blue friends are spashin the cash Again they must have spent some dough this season .
filsgreen

£200000000 Danny, however we've probably had over £100000000 back in sales.
dannylewis

should leave a few bob for the 2,,,,,,,,,, thousand seater by the Bromley More pub nice pint in there went there many years ago, maybe they can leave a little harbour for the many fans from Rhyl to sail into
john j connell

Nice to see some of the reds telly clappers showing a sense of concern in matters involving Everton Football Club, thank you.
Welcome Theo Walcott to Everton FC, (looks to me to be a bargain), just need a decent left back and i would consider that it had been a good mid season transfer window. JJC.
graham01

:D
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
Invicta

Looks bargain in today’s market no doubt. I’d be asking why no other clubs apart from Saints who are cash rich came in for him . I like him as a player, classy on his day. :wink: K
dannylewis

Just a sense of banter John i'am sure its allowed ,
john j connell

dannylewis wrote:Just a sense of banter John i'am sure its allowed ,
Most certainly is allowed Danny, everything i post on the footy threads is meant as nothing other than banter, it may come in the guise of a wind up but it is i assure you only banter. JJC.
EdMcDonald

Terrible game to watch again today. Made even worse by McCarthy's double leg break. No idea what the hell is wrong with this club. Got to be major problems in the dressing room. :evil:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
efc46

my opinion the rot starts at the top and ends in the dressing room what annoys me as a fan is on the efc site the players say what we learned this week management say the same propaganda and with all this yack we are still rubbish roll on season end
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Hope for a speedy recovery for James McCarthy, horrible injury.
Honestly don't think there is anything wrong in the dressing room but will admit that recent results have been down to the way the team is set up and the tactics employed plus quite a lot of chopping and changing does not help matters, no cohesion, no flow, (a settled line up would make all the difference).
Being honest, the performance was way below par and we were lucky to take a point from the game. (let's not forget that this is the same West Brom team that held Liverpool to a goalless draw at Anfield not that long ago.
Next game for Everton is 31st January, should give the coaching staff time to rectify some of the schoolboy defending we have seen of late. JJC.
Invicta

Best wishes to James McCarthy. Dreadful how that can happen in an innocuous tackle. Ken
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Hope for a speedy recovery for James McCarthy, horrible injury.
Honestly don't think there is anything wrong in the dressing room but will admit that recent results have been down to the way the team is set up and the tactics employed plus quite a lot of chopping and changing does not help matters, no cohesion, no flow, (a settled line up would make all the difference).
Being honest, the performance was way below par and we were lucky to take a point from the game. (let's not forget that this is the same West Brom team that held Liverpool to a goalless draw at Anfield not that long ago.
Next game for Everton is 31st January, should give the coaching staff time to rectify some of the schoolboy defending we have seen of late. JJC.
Alright john meant to phone you last night will do later today but thought you might share your experience with the forum on how your day went in the park end was it good view and were you looked after.
went the game ,marie dropped me off and picked me back up on county rd as son and grandson went to house on goodison rd for a few drinks.
probably should not of went and maybe listened to some of the advice on here as head was bad by the time of the end of the game but just couldnt miss it
we was on line with the mccarthy tackle and new it was a break straight away.
The game was tough as i expected they were decent on boxing day against us and had just come of the back ot two wins.
obviously the subs changed it for us and despite walcott getting the assist that goal had wayne rooney all over it and me personally i would start him unfortunatly we paid a lot of money for sig so i think thay have to justify it :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,