LFC - talk about Liverpool Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Eddy Lloyd

R.I.P. our beloved Rednose Henry. I'll be raising a glass to you at the start of the game. 4-0 buying money.
Invicta

Good thought Eddy, I’ll do the same. K
Bonesy

Well done fellas, a nice gesture.
I only noticed the message towards the end of the match so raised a glass then.
RIP Henry.

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Invicta

Eddy , You're as good as Henry with your predictions, stop now please🤣
Ken
Eddy Lloyd

Ken :) :)
Elaine Goulding

Strange, I never read this thread mainly because I do not follow soccer. However I am glad I opened it and read your heartfelt comments about our lovely Henry.. it was really thoughtful of you all, I am sure Henry would be touched he was in your thoughts.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Invicta

Very disappointing yesterday. After such a good start I thought Eddy's 4-0 prediction might just be right.
The second half was a shocker as WBA upped their game and we didn't respond.
TAA is way off the boil since his injury and Jones was far too casual and clearly responsible for their goal.
Draws against Brighton, Fulham & WBA, all struggling sides, shouldn't be happening to this Team but we remain top for now but really we should be away with it already.
Ken
Eddy Lloyd

I'm now hoping the Ox will get a run. He's the only player who will shoot from outside the box. Trying to walk the ball through 11 players didn't work .
Invicta

Thiago should be back soon too Eddy.
Just look what Leeds are doing to WBA at the Hawthorns tonight, it makes no sense this season.
Ken
Invicta

I was just typing that despite the set back against WBA, no other contenders had had good results and the Mancs went and scored in the 93rd minute. 😳😳😳😡
Bernie R

Fergie time is alive and well! :(
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Invicta

They do grind out the results Bern, many times with late goals.
I think they are our biggest threat, other than ourselves of course😏
Ken
Bernie R

Credit due to Newcastle - solid in defence.
Poor from Reds. Leaky in possession and failure to pick the lock. Still top of the table though.
YNWA
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Invicta

Another draw against a lower position team, too many points dropped where wins expected.
Occasionally I’d like to see a plan B from Jurgen .
Still top but we could have been way ahead by now.
Happy New Year to all Reds & Blues.
Ken
Eddy Lloyd

I can't understand why he didn't bring the Ox on. It was insulting bringing Shaquiri on with 2 mins left.
Disappointed here.
Invicta

Eddy, Do you think that could be last time in the shirt for Shaqiri , seems an odd decision? K
Eddy Lloyd

Probably Ken him and Origi me thinks.
Bill fawcett

Another dreadful first half performance. Every team we play lately seem to be able to pass the ball far more accurately than we do. TAA needs to be substituted, he is having an awful game.

Bill
Bill fawcett

One word summary - awful!

Bill
Eddy Lloyd

Words fail me.
Bill fawcett

They just have no idea how to break a defence down, even when it consists of kids. I cannot for the life of me understand why Klopp has them playing all of this slow sideways passing.

Bill
Bill fawcett

Thiago made all the difference in the 2nd half, getting them playing at a faster pace. Liverpool always look more dangerous when they play with pace.

Bill
Eddy Lloyd

Spot on Bill we've been lacking class in midfield and Thiago supplied it.
Bill fawcett

Feeling a bit worried with this line-up🙁

Bill
Bill fawcett

Am I the only one who thinks it is time we replaced Firmino( as long as it is not with Origi) His passing and ball control were awful as usual, but this time he did not have one good pass or fancy flick that people could praise him for.
Why did Klopp sub Shaqiri when Firmino and Salah were both useless?

Bill
Eddy Lloyd

I can't understand why Philips can't get selected at centre half after his M.O.M. game against West Ham and we're playing two midfield players at centre half. Also the Ox deserves a run of games ,Wijnaldum doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.
Bill fawcett

If I was Minamino, I would ask for a transfer, because if he can’t get in the team before Origi, then there’s nothing down for him. :?

Bill
philrob

Liverpool 0 - Burnley 1!
What a shocker, caused in my opinion by several factors.
A. Never a penalty - there was no contact between Allison and Barnes.
B. Barnes should have been red-carded for a second yellow as they finished the first half.
C. OX, TAA, Shaquiri, Origi, One-legged Salah, Firmino with not much ball control, One-legged Robertson and Thiago all had disgraceful performances.
D. I am getting used to the idea that Thiago will miss a game in the not too distant future for accumulating yellow cards.
E. Mane had one of his selfish games!

All in all - a complete stuff-up!!

PS. I am not sure about Klopp's team selection!
Philrob

Western Australia
Eddy Lloyd

My opinion:
Get rid of Origi and Wijnaldum .
Too many missed chances.
We won't do anything whilst using our better midfielders in defence. Van Dyke a massive loss.
Bill fawcett

Another dreadful performance. Teams have for a while now, worked out Liverpool’s one dimensional style, and we have no plan B.
I find it hilarious when there is talk of Salah wanting to go to Barcelona or RM or PSG. There is not a cat in hells chance (IMO) of any of those teams trying to buy him. He just does not have the skills that those teams want. He has absolutely no idea how to beat a man when one on one, and his ball control when it is played to him is dreadful, he needs 6 or 7 attempts for every goal he scores. The same goes for Firmino, ok they do do some good things now and then. As you can probably tell from some of my posts over time, I am not the biggest fan of either of them. I know a lot of people disagree, but it is all about opinions.

Bill
Bill fawcett

Went from watching Man City to watching Liverpool. The difference in the passing and ball control is like chalk and cheese. Another awful first half performance.

Bill
Bernie R

Paul

Sad news, R.I.P.
Born Kirk Street
Dan

Legend.

bjones

So very sad. Farewell and RIP to a legend.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.