Fab Four Friday - Bernie R

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bernie R

First trip of the year to the Royal Court tomorrow for 'Ellen & Rigby' so this one picked itself this week :)

Have used the Beatles version a few times over the years so here's a Macca solo effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQUNP2mAMg
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Always a fabulous track. Thanks Bern.

Keith
Bonesy

Bern, despite very little response at times, including myself, thank you for keeping
Fab Four Friday going.
It's a pleasure to listen /see different variations of Beatles tracks.

Keith
Bernie R

Thanks mate

Appreciate the feedback and always good to know someone out there is enjoying the selections (well most of 'em at least :lol: )

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Yesterday marked the 56th anniversary of the release of 'HELP' the movie.

This song is one of my favourite sequences in the film where the lads sing it in their huge terraced house (4 knocked through into 1).

The clips on YouTube don't feature the Beatles audio, so I went for this pure cut instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8nLraecPRY
Bonesy

Fantastic track Bern. Simplicity and it's a classic.

Keith
Bernie R

Just enjoyed a few days down in 'that London' with Barb & Holly, so to finish it off - this from Macca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pvEOnnPjcw

Here's a couple of Fab Four 'fotos' I grabbed too...

London Beatles Store - Baker Street

The boys in Madame Tussaud's
Bonesy

Good track Bern. Great photos, but wasn't Macca "barefoot" and holding his ciggie in his right hand on the Abbey Road album cover?
Me pedantic ? Never :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Bernie R

We noticed that addition of the footwear mate but missed the absent ciggie - mind you, in these sanitised, PC, days there's no room for tobacco, even if it compromises the artwork!
Bonesy

Good point well made Bern. :D

Keith
Bernie R

Catching up with a couple of the lads tonight for first time in ages.

Through Covid, we missed one's 70th and the other is fast approaching his 60th so, as it's a joint birthday bash, this one picks itself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhdOPhTHeoE
Bonesy

A belter of a choon Bern.

Watch 9 year old Emily drum her way through the same track. Absolutely brilliant.

https://youtu.be/HN4r_ZUzl5g

Keith
Bernie R

Superb Keith

Wonder what she's doing now - 10 years on?
Bonesy

Yep, she's a big girl now mate, she has a few other videos. :D :D

Keith
Bernie R

A tenuous link to mark what would have been Thin Lizzy legend Phil Lynott's 72nd birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJ1cHm_su4
Bernie R

On this date in 1992, John's handwritten lyrics to this epic from Sergeant Pepper sold for $87,000 at auction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usNsCeOV4GM
filsgreen

One of the best tracks off my fave album. Have you seen how many views it's had, Bernie? 123,000 000. 😱
Bonesy

Must be played loud. Tremendous track.
There is a video on YouTube of a band doing this live, it is note for note perfect and the vocals are outstanding.
I'll try and find it and post it here.

Thanks Bern.

Keith
Bonesy

Paul

Keith, that was fantastic, thanks for posting.

Paul
Born Kirk Street
Bonesy

👍👍👍
Bernie R

Fabulous rendition mate - thanks for that.

Bern
Bernie R

On my daily Facebook tune yesterday, I mentioned that The Jam had shamelessly ripped off the bassline from this Beatles belter for their song, 'Start' in 1980

Here's the Jam song for comparison if you feel the need...

Bonesy

Absolute classic by Hari O' Georgeson.

And this came to pass "(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat"

As for Paul Weller, I'll leave it there. :roll:

Keith
bjones

And this came to pass "(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the h
eat"
nice one Keith :lol: :lol:

It might be a false memory but did someone once say that there was a connection/similarity between Taxman and the theme from Batman other than both being 1966 productions.
Just giggling to myself at how excited we kids were anticipating the new Batman series .....oh dear :lol: :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

A break from the norm with a non-Friday post but it would be rude not to mention today's 50th anniversary of the release of John's Imagine album.

Bernie R

As today's date is 10 09 I couldn't resist picking this old rocker :wink:

Bonesy

John wrote this jaunty number in 1959 - it was one of his first songs. He penned the tune during a visit to his grandparents' three-bedroom terrace house at 9 Newcastle Road, Wavertree, Liverpool, where he spent the first five years of his life living with his parents and grandparents.

Keith
Bernie R

The Beatles version was top of the UK charts on this date in 1968, but as we've had that one a few times here's Macca doing it live.

I recall George Sephton (Voice of Anfield) saying how much he liked playing this after the final whistle as by the end of all the nana na nahs the stadium's nearly empty :lol:
Bonesy

What can be added about the brilliant "Hey Jude" The first Beatles single on their own Apple label.
The fantastic slowed down version of "Revolution" on the b side is amazing.

Keith
filsgreen

I remember my brother playing it all day when he bought it. I prefer the slow version, Keith. 👍
Bernie R

As today would have been Gerry Marsden's 79th birthday, here's the Beatles' take on Gerry & The Pacemakers' first single.

It was reluctantly recorded by the Fab Four but they eventually convinced Martin to let them release their song "Love Me Do" as a single instead.

Bonesy

Better than GATPs version ? I think so. Pure pop though and probably a number 1 for the fab four had they released it.

Keith
Bernie R

100% with you on that mate!
Bernie R

It's my little big sister's birthday today - this picked in her honour. X