Fab Four Friday - Bernie R

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

Bernie R wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:31 pm Thought it was superb the way Get Back was born.

John late on parade so Paul starts noodling on his bass. then making noises instead of vocals.

George picks up guitar and starts throwing some fills in and Ringo starts percussion by clapping along.

Nuts and bolts of a classic song all sorted before John's dragged his ar$e out of bed! Great stuff to see.

Bern
[/quote

That segment was brilliant Bern.
Found it irritating seeing Yoko just sitting in sewing
The tiff between George and Paul was a bit uncomfortable to watch.
George saying in frustration "look Paul tell me want you want me to play and I'll play it"

Looking forward to parts 2 & 3

Keith

Keith
Bernie R

Yoko - as always - annoying as....

That sequence after George left where she was wailing/howling :roll:

Agree about the 'tiff' - good choice of words! ;)

I think Part 2 has dropped today but I'm at the Royal Court tonight so won't be watching yet.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Anyone who thinks the boys were at each other's throats during the Let It Be sessions needs to watch the fabulous 'Get Back' films currently streaming on Disney+ - I did think part 2 was a bit over-long to be honest though.

One particular amusing scene shows John and Paul singing this song together through clenched teeth - like a pair of ventriloquists. Yes, there were tensions but it wasn't all bad at all!

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

To mark Wednesday's 41st anniversary of John's passing, I couldn't resist giving this one an airing given the way the Government is currently behaving!

RIP John :cry:

Bonesy

Yaaaah one of my favourites.

Love the lead guitar bit in the middle played by none other than George Harrison.
This is the first time John and George had played together since the break up of the Beatles.

Great lyrics

I've had enough of readin' things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of Tricky Dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

Keith
filsgreen

Hey lads, do you know when the Get back film is being released on DVD? I didn't subscribe to Disney.
Bernie R

Brand new video for My Sweet Lord, released in celebration of the 50th anniversary of George Harrison's classic solo album, All Things Must Pass

Bonesy

Oooh, I'll have a decko at that later. Class track.

Keithmas
Bernie R

Festive Fab Four Friday

Bernie R

George's new year ditty again

All the best gang

Bernie R

On this date in 1964 The Beatles recorded a session for the BBC Saturday Club program.

During the recording they made the only known Beatles recording of the Chuck Berry song "Johnny B. Goode."

bjones

Thanks Bernie. Loved that; the song that most makes me wish I could jive.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Found this on YouTube earlier.

Well worth a listen.

A DIY/home made album of Beatles solo work - very enjoyable.

Bernie R

I bet Bojo & co wish they'd left the parties!!!

bjones

Thanks Bern, my favourite Beatles period even if that one is a bit C&W.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Sad to hear of Meat Loaf's death at 74.

"There's not a dry eye in the house!"

RIP

Bernie R

Marmalade's cover of this was top of the UK charts on this date in 1969, but we've had that before so here's the original for a change.

Bernie R

Hope you enjoyed this week's song?

This just popped up on my Facebook memories so, as it's Fab Four related, I thought I'd share it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bernie R

This nice little Beatles tune is my earworm today for some reason, so I won't keep it to myself.

Enjoy.

Bernie R

On this single day in 1963 The Beatles recorded their first album "Please Please Please Me," including this beauty.

Imagine today's artists doing a single, let alone a full album in one day!

Bonesy

Love this track Bern. Don't know if you intended it, but it seems the stereo version with only one channel playing, just the music and spooky vocals in the deep background.
Still good though.

Keith
Tommy L

Sounds ok to me Keith

You sure you got both buds in ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bonesy

Tommy L wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:25 pm Sounds ok to me Keith

You sure you got both buds in ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommy 😀😀😀
Funny enough just played it again on my tablet and it's fine, on my phone not so 😕😕

Keith
Bernie R

US number one on this date in 1964

Bonesy

Thanks Bern 👍👍👍

Keith
Bernie R

Resisted the obvious, topical, 'Back in the USSR' shout to go for one of George's lesser celebrated songs to mark what would have been his 79th birthday.

RIP

Bonesy

It's a cracker Bern.

From Wikipedia
When writing "I Want to Tell You", Harrison drew inspiration from his experimentation with the hallucinogenic drug LSD. The lyrics address what he later termed "the avalanche of thoughts that are so hard to write down or say or transmit".[1] In combination with the song's philosophical message, Harrison's stuttering guitar riff and the dissonance he employs in the melody reflect the difficulties of achieving meaningful communication. The recording marked the first time that McCartney played his bass guitar part after the band had completed the rhythm track for a song, a technique that became commonplace on the Beatles' subsequent recordings

Keith
Bernie R

Nice one mate.

Here's another tidbit I picked up online earlier, but chose to go with the accepted date of 25/02 anyway...

This day was commonly thought to be George Harrison's birthday. In 1992, Harrison was reported to have said, "I only learned recently after all these years that the date and time of my own birth have always been off by one calendar day and about a half hour on the clock." His birth certificate indicates February 25.
bjones

Bern, thanks for that bit of info.... something I have in common with my favourite Beatle :D
My birthday was 20th July until I got hold of my birth certificate (needed to get my Mardi membership) when I found it said 21 July! I don't know and my parents couldn't remember what caused the difference other than that I was born around midnight.
Bee

Bonesy

And it's actually our Jens 40th birthday today.
Happy birthday our baby girl.

Keith
bjones

Happy Birthday Jen!
Bee

Bonesy

Thanks Bee.
The birthday girl and hubby Paul at the Panoramic this afternoon.

Keith
Bernie R

Belated birthday wishes

Hope Jen had a Fab day

Bern
Bernie R

Released on this date in 1996 as one of two 'new' singles the boys released as part of their Anthology programme.

A #4 in the UK and #11 in the USA.

Bonesy

Flippin eck !!!!! 26 years ago 😯😯

Keith