Fab Four Friday - Bernie R

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

Classic track.

Keith
Bernie R

As John would have turned 81 tomorrow...
RIP

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Just seen these supadupa, all singing, all dancin remixes in fab Dolby x10 and
mega Atmos sound system 😁😁😁😁
Actually sounds exactly the same to me.

Keith
bjones

Bernie & Keith, please put me out of my misery ...
Watching the wheels.....tune has elements of Imagine but I also think I can hear an older Beatles on at around 1 min 30 but for the life of me can't remember which one.
HELP (no not that one) before it drives me nuts trying to remember!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Just had a listen to that bit a few times, all i can pick up reminds me of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Yep, Whiter Shade of Pale clearly at about 1.38 but for some reason I'm thinking We Can Work it Out just before that....no doubt it's just my ears buzzing with old age :( :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Tommy L

bjones wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:34 am Bernie & Keith, please put me out of my misery ...
Watching the wheels.....tune has elements of Imagine but I also think I can hear an older Beatles on at around 1 min 30 but for the life of me can't remember which one.
HELP (no not that one) before it drives me nuts trying to remember!
Bee ,
Long shot but '' I'm just sitting here may remind you of ''I'm just sitting on a fence '' [ Rolling Stones ]
Dan

Bonesy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:20 pm Good track Bern. Great photos, but wasn't Macca "barefoot" and holding his ciggie in his right hand on the Abbey Road album cover?
Me pedantic ? Never :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Don't normally do Beatles stuff, but 6 photos were taken by Iain Macmillan on Friday August 8 1969.

In the first crossing (to and fro) Paul wore sandals. For the other two crossings( to and fro) Paul was barefoot.

Paul picked the image where everyone was walking in sync, for the cover.

Photoshoot below.

Nice sub 3 minute collage of the shoot below.

Bernie R

This is believed to be the first film of Ringo Starr as the Beatles drummer, Pete Best having left the band the week before.

Bonesy

19th August 1962, 59 years ago.

On this day The Beatles’ 92nd evening show at the Cavern Club took place. They headlined a bill which also included The Zenith Six Jazz Band, the Swinging Blue Genes, and Peppy and the New York Twisters

Bern, the Let It Be remixes are released today with the new film coming up in November

Keith
Dan

From The Times. October 14 2021.

Obituary for Lizzie Bravo- backing vocalist on Across the Universe.

Image.
Bernie R

But Dan.... it's only Thursday! :wink: :lol:
Dan

It got to be Friday somewhere in the world, Bern. :)
Bonesy

Very interesting article Dan. Thanks for posting.
Just wondering, how did you find such an obscure obituary ?

Keith
Dan

It was in The Times Keith.

Sorry for the late reply, I prefer working nights. :)
Bernie R

On this date in 1984 Macca released his movie soundtrack album ' Give My Regards To Broad Street'.

This, the single from it, hit #2 in UK and #6 in US. Sterling guitar support from Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour.

Dan

Couple of extracts from Lyrics by Paul McCartney from last week's Sunday Times magazine.

The Beginning. John, Paul, George and Arthur.

Please Please Me

Penny Lane

Dan

I know it's not Friday, but some of McCartney's best work has been released under The Fireman moniker.

The Fireman is McCartney and Martin Glover aka Youth. There's lots on youtube.

Track from 2008 below.(4.59) Nothing Too Much Out Of Sight.

Sing The Changes.

Bernie R

Recorded on this date in 1965...

Bernie R

Yesterday was top of the US charts on this date in 1965.

Just for a change, here's the silky tones of Matt Monro with his version.

bjones

Beautiful, thanks Bern. I heard a young girl do a great job on that one in Church St today; singing in the rain; fab!
Bee

Dan

Obituary in today's Times of Maureen Cleave a journalist who covered The Beatles in the early years,

and got John Lennon's most (in)famous quote.

Dan

An original 1966 Beatles Shea Stadium concert poster.

It sold at Heritage Auctions in April 2020 for $137,500 and a new world auction record for an original concert poster.

Gardner 180

Paul McCartney went to the same primary School as me. Paul is approx 2 years older than me, and by 1953,
at Joseph Williams Primary School, Paul had passed the 11-Plus exam and went on to Liverpool Institute
Grammar School. I remember his teacher at Joseph Williams was a Mr F. Wollard. In my class was Pauls
brother, Michael McCartney, and under Mr Wollards teaching, Michael and I and 6 others also passed the
11-Plus exam. Michael joined Paul at The Institute, and I went to Holt High School near Childwall Fiveways.
If Paul and Michael are readers of this Fab Four Friday thread, They may remember me.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.
bjones

Flippin' eck Ray and Dan I have enough trouble knowing what day it is without you chaps confusing me even further. :( When I scan down the board and see posts to this thread I think "OMG where's this week gone" :shock:

Perhaps we could have another thread for Memories of the Beatles; I'm sure that would make a really popular thread which will be looked at by many of those who don't pop on to listen to Bernie's weekly tune....and help this confused old lady too.
What do you think?
Bee

Bernie R

Hear hear Bee :lol:

I get so disappointed when the thread springs to life and I realise it's not actually Friday! :lol:
Bernie R

Yippee - it really IS Friday! :lol:

Bit self-indulgent as I've posted this for our, son-in-law, Gary's 40th on Facebook.

For a change from the band's version, here's Macca having a live bash at 'Birthday'

Tommy L

My big regret is never seeing The Beatles play '' live '' ever.

In my teenage years my local dance hall to walk to was The Orrell Park Ballroom [ no car then ].

It must be the only ballroom on Merseyside The Beatles NEVER played.

The nearest venue to me that they played was the Aintree Institute by The Black Bull.

Bonesy

Bern hope you like this. Its gear, fab even.

Keith
Bernie R

Sorry Keith, only just spotted your link from last week. :oops:

Yes - enjoyed it a lot. Always loved the harmonies in that song.

There's a few other Beatles cover by the band there too - will dip in to those through the day while I'm working.

On to this week - this one was sitting atop the US chart on this date in 1974...

Bonesy

That's ok Bern, thought I'd posted it on a non Friday day and you was gonna shout at me :D :D :D

Another good choon for FFF.

Think I've found this year's Christmas jumper

Imagewaffle house monkey junction nc

Keith
Bernie R

Haha

Is right mate. The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not post on FFF if it's not Friday! :lol:

Listened to a few Mona Lisa Twins covers today - mostly good so ta for the heads up.

Love the jumper although i thought the weblink took me to whoever was selling them; however, it's for the Sawmill restaurant in USA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bern
Bernie R

Hard to believe it's 20 years on Monday we lost George Harrison.

Watched part 1 of the new Get Back films last night. Interesting to see George turn up one morning and present this tune that he'd 'written last night' to mixed reaction from the other 3.

Paul and Ringo showed interest while John seemed indifferent, waltzing around with Yoko as it was played.

RIP George

Bonesy

Good choice Bern,

I watched part 1 last night also.
Didn't realise how complex it was to put a song together.
Thought Paul came across quite bossy while John was so chilled out. Ringo looked totally fed up and George was George.

Keith
Bernie R

Thought it was superb the way Get Back was born.

John late on parade so Paul starts noodling on his bass. then making noises instead of vocals.

George picks up guitar and starts throwing some fills in and Ringo starts percussion by clapping along.

Nuts and bolts of a classic song all sorted before John's dragged his ar$e out of bed! Great stuff to see.

Bern