Bill Tomo's Trivia Questions Thread

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
philrob

Phil
I seem to think that that would be Dennis Weaver in the movie "Duel".
He was also well known as Festus Hagen in Gunsmoke on the Television.

What was the film in which he chased crooks around New York on a horse?
Philrob

Western Australia
filsgreen

You're correct Phil, Dennis Weaver appeared as McCloud in the TV series.
philrob

Thanks again Phil!

What was the film that
1. four megastars of the Hollywood Film Industry appeared but an extra list of credits had to be inserted at the end of the film to help identify them because they had all worn masks.
2. A famous American actor who passed away gently appeared as five different characters.
Philrob

Western Australia
philrob

IT looks like no one has an interest in trying for answers so I will provide the answer and open the opportunity for some one to post a question.

The film was called "The List of Adrian Messenger"

Released in 1963 starring George C Scott. It is a mystery/drama set in the mid to late 1940s.

After the film, the following actors remove their disguises and reveal their true identities.

Tony Curtis, Robert Mitchum, Frank Sinatra, KIrk Douglas and Burt Lancaster.

The interesting point about this film is that the actors are so heavily disguised to make the job of identifying any of the famous names impossible to recognise.

Good Luck to whoever wishes to set the next question.
Philrob

Western Australia
filsgreen

I've never heard of it Phil. Put another question up, you only gave us three days to answer. :D
philrob

Which Australian Prime-Minster died by drowning in 1967?
Philrob

Western Australia
philrob

No-one has attempted an answer in the last week so I will provide the answer and anyone can now post their own questions.

The Australian Prime Minister who disappeared off Cheviot Beach in 1967 was Harold Holt.
He was a regular swimmer, both in the surf and in the pool and there has never been a satisfactory answer as to why he vanished.

All sorts of suggestions were put forward but it seems to be generally accepted these days that it was just a dreadful accident.
Philrob

Western Australia
filsgreen

Sorry Phil, you're not wasting your time, it seems we're not well educated on antipodean social history .Come on pose another, third one's the charm. 😉
bjones

philrob, filsgreen is right. Please don't be discouraged by the apparent lack of interest. It's possible that that the subject of each of your last 2 questions was "before the times" of most who look into this thread... unlike me, not all our members were lucky enough to have been teenagers in the 1960s :P :P :P
I had a vague recollection of the drowning but certainly couldn't have named the man... so I googled and thereby disqualified myself. I bet I wasn't the only one so your Q wasn't wasted!
Have another go.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
philrob

Many thanks Bee and Phil for your encouraging words.

What is the connection between Prince Rupert of the Rhine in Germany and the one particular part of the City of Liverpool?
Philrob

Western Australia
Bernie R

The tower on Everton's badge is called Prince Rupert's Tower - could that be it?

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
philrob

You got it Bernie!

Prince Rupert was involved in the English Civil War. He was of German/English background.
With his army he was responsible for "invading" Liverpool and assuming control of areas within the city.
One of them is now known as Everton. Bernie is quite right in his answer to say that the badge of Everton FC features Rupert's Tower.

Looking forward to your question.
Philrob

Western Australia
Bernie R

Thanks Phil

Ray Stiles, bass player with Mud, now tours and performs with which well known band, active since the early 1960s?
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

Is it the Searchers, Bernie?
Bernie R

Not the Searchers Phil
filsgreen

I'll have a go at Herman's Hermits. Bernie?
Bernie R

Not them either Phil
filsgreen

I think we need a clue, Bernie. :?
bjones

So do I Phil :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Sometimes, all I need is to give you a clue ;)
bjones

Something in the air that I breath suggests that the answer could be The Hollies?
Bee

Bernie R

The Hollies is correct Bee
bjones

Thanks Bern; I'll tell Harry he was right :D

What is the UK's largest lake?
Bee

filsgreen

Is it Windermere, Bee?
bjones

Not Windermere Phil.. think the whole UK not just Macron's UK :wink:
Bee

Bernie R

Loch Ness???
bjones

I think Ness might have the greatest volume Bern but I'm looking for the largest by area.... you need to be less Macron :wink:
Bee

Bernie R

I meant Lough Neagh but said it wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
bjones

You should have said it in a different font Bern :lol:
You to go.
Bee

Bernie R

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many human feet have set foot on the Moon?
filsgreen

Two, Betniea left and right ones. They were all human feet. 🤣
Bernie R

You put your foot in your manners there Phil - not what I'm looking for :lol: :lol: :lol:
filsgreen

Sorry about that, Betniea. Damm my stubby fingers. 🤣🤣
philrob

Twelve men (I think) have walked on the moon so I will suggest 6 X 2 = 12?
Philrob

Western Australia
Bernie R

Slipped up on the final calculation Phil, but 12 men is correct so you can have the point!

Over to you.

Bern