Dreamboats and Petticoats, your favourite songs.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bjones

Sad indeed Bernie; the Everly's songs were the soundtrack to my childhood :cry:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Hot on Don Everly's heels, Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died (aged 80) - another music legend gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVrdXUHvsF0
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Happy 80th birthday to our own John McNally of the Searchers

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Love that one Bern thanks.
On the theme of Merseybeat; we were watching a telly prog on 60s music the other night and it occurred to me that I had never appreciated what a decent voice Gerry Marsden had.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=do ... 6PC%3dU531
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Number one on this date in 1963 for one of Bootle's own.....

Bernie R

As promised to Bee on the pop quiz thread ... talking of Terry Jacks...

filsgreen

The Poppy family were Terry and Susan Jacks.
bjones

Thanks Bern.
Bee

Bernie R

Actor Hugh Jackman turns 53 today.

I know this is a very popular tune of his from The Greatest Showman so, enjoy...

Bernie R

Today would have been Little Richard's 89th birthday...

Bernie R

A sad little festive ditty to remember 'The Big O' who passed away on this date in 1988.

RIP

Bernie R

Sad to hear the news of John Miles' passing - R.I.P.

Bernie R

Sunday's edition of Top Gear had a tribute to the Lamborghini Miura which reminded me of this fabulous opening sequence from The Italian Job.

I'm sure most will enjoy Matt Monro's silky tones once more.

filsgreen

Perfect scene, Bernie👍
bjones

Can a sound be described as delicious? Thanks Bern.
Bee

Bernie R

Not a really big fan of either of these two to be honest, but love what they did here in the video by giving a nod to lots of the old Christmas favourites.

Shame it didn't hit the #1 spot but gotta respect them both for helping Ladbaby's charity song hit the top spot again - sausage roll anyone?

Bernie R

Remembering Sonny Bono who was killed in a skiing accident on this date in 1998. RIP

Bernie R

Remembering the late great David Bowie on what would have been his 75th birthday. RIP

Bernie R

Sad to hear of Ronnie Spector's passing yesterday, aged 78.

This was The Ronettes' biggest hit peaking at #2 in the US and #4 in the UK in 1963.

RIP

Bill fawcett

Kay Star’s name has come up twice this week in the quizzes, and it got me thinking of two 78rpm records I have.
Wheel of Fortune and this one Half a Photograph.

Bill
Bernie R

Given today's date I couldn't resist this one...

bjones

Love that one Bernie, ta!
Just a thought.... it's said that the first person to live to the age of 200 has already been born. So someone living today could still be around on 2nd Feb 2222 or 222222.
Bee

Bernie R

Wow. There's a thought :lol:
Bernie R

Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett celebrates his 72nd birthday today.

Especially for our Bonesy, here's Steve's band's live version of Keith's favourite Genesis track - the vocals are a tad raw but that extended acoustic intro is mesmerising.

Bonesy

Nice one Bern. Excellent thank you.

Keith
Bernie R

A Valentines ditty from Huyton's own Carol Decker and co.

Bernie R

Have a listen to the brilliant lyrics in the song from Monty Python's 'Meaning of Life' film.

Very clever work from Eric Idle who turns 79 today.

Bernie R

Happy birthday Celine Dion - 54 today.

In 1994 this became her first UK chart topper. She had to wait until 1997 for similar success with the Hot Dog Song from Titanic.

Recall being at a pop quiz once with a question - what should you do before buying a Celine Dion album? I thought I was clever saying check if it was in English or French but the answer given was: 'Think Twice'! :lol:

Bernie R

For the 97 ❤

Bernie R

A bit of classic 70s disco with a local flavour for Star Wars day

May the fourth be with you :lol:

Bernie R

A little nod to last night's Man City late collapse against Real Madrid...

Bernie R

Remembering Adam Faith on what would have been his 82nd birthday (died March 2003).

This was his biggest hit; topping the chart in UK and in Ireland in 1959.

lily8

i remember john and i doing a slow one to original version at the checckers club in the sixties i had lost my mum a few years earlier and missed her so very much, she and my daddy loved ballroom dancing. and i always loved a whiter shade of pale but this version is just the best the sensuality of the tango and lovely music''''''''''
Lily
Bernie R

A little tune from Mo Salah to all us Reds 😁

bjones

:D :D :D
Bee