August 16 1934 William Harvey & Co Ltd Mellanear Tin Smelting Works.
Factory is to the right of the canal on Lunt Road.
The original tin smelting works, built in 1908, is on the other side of the canal, and above it the brick and tile factory.
To the right of Lunt Road is Braby Road.
Upper right is Three Banks Island and a bit of the North Park.
Linacre Lane runs across the top of the photo from left to right.
Same day. Site from the Linacre Lane end.
1913 map of the area. Factory not yet built.
Extracts from the British Medical Journal.